Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Part II

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Boeser (negotiated) + 15 + Dickinson + Poolman (they need depth at RD)

for

5 + Mcleod + Zacha
(Most NJ fans think both players are useless etc)
The idea of sending Boeser to NJ with Zazha coming back to the Canucks is a reasonable enough start, but:

1. Right now it appears that the Flyers are the owners of the 5th overall pick while the Devils, who if there were no have the rights to McLeod and Zacha.

2. I can't imagine there is any possibility of negotiating a Boeser contract which is so team-friendly that this would be even arguably equitable to the Devils. Devils fans may be down on Zacha and McLeod but they aren't the sort of negative trade value assets that Dickinson and Poolman are, while if the Devils need depth at RD there are better and cheaper ways of getting it than trading for an overpaid player with ongoing concussion issues in hopes that he will be able to not only play but perform at a level suitable to his paycheque.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Boeser (negotiated) + 15 + Dickinson + Poolman (they need depth at RD)

for

5 + Mcleod + Zacha
(Most NJ fans think both players are useless etc)
How is this negotiation going to work? Boeser can sign a long term contract with a team equally far away from home for less than his QO and give up the chance at early UFA status, or he can wait and rake in 7.5M, or wait and sign as a UFA in July if no offer is tendered. That's a tough choice...

The only reasonable scenario where we could have dealt Boeser with good value is if he signed a team-friendly contract with Minny with Fiala coming back as the main piece. That would be plausible if it weren't for the fact that it would be a treading water type trade and Minny's cap crunch is biblical next year.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
We should have sold him as a rental at the deadline but our horrible make the playoffs at all costs, even if it's only a 2% chance, mentality ruined it yet again.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Hoping for a peaceful passing for Brock's dad. Having his loving family by his side is a blessing for Duke.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but Duke has passed away. May he rest in peace, thoughts and condolences to all the Boeser family.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Absolutely brutal news. Heart goes out to him. Definitely could explain some of his on ice struggles in recent years. Hope he takes all the time he needs this off season to grieve and come to terms.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
So sad for Brock and the rest of his family. RIP Duke

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Man, Brock and Duke have had a rough f***ing go. Any one of these things might have been enough to sideline me for a good chunk of time and Brock has just kept on playing. Definitely feel for him - I lost my dad 10+ years ago and it still trips me up sometimes.
American ice hockey player Brock Boeser's dad, Duke Boeser, had to go through a series of unfortunate events that made his and his family's life upside down. In 2010, Duke was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, a brain disorder that causes unintended movements. After a few years, Duke had a severe head injury due to his car accident, forcing him to stop working.

In 2017, Duke underwent treatment for his lung cancer, but his lung cancer came back in 2020. When he was getting treatment for his cancer, Duke went through a heart attack. Luckily his doctors saved his life, and he is doing fine right now.

Duke had to face different illnesses and health issues which made him helpless to support his family. After he stopped working, Laurie Boeser, his wife, worked up to three jobs, including serving in a restaurant, office administration, and tax preparation to support Brock and his siblings.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Cant speak for Brock and his family but from my familys experience, looking back now, it was for the best when the family member passed. Ended the suffering for the person, allows family members to heal and remember the person for who they were before dementia took over

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
His suffering is over. Rest in peace, Mr. Boeser. They appear to be a close family with good support for each other.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Cant speak for Brock and his family but from my familys experience, looking back now, it was for the best when the family member passed. Ended the suffering for the person, allows family members to heal and remember the person for who they were before dementia took over
Agreed. My grandpa passed away a few years ago with dementia and some other health issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad