Value of: Brock Boeser for a young defenseman that plays the right side

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Nothing is going to be offered that will move the needle for the majority of Canucks fans. So why are still trying?

McAvoy would be the one offer that might make me rethink that statement and something tells me Boston fans will revoke the fanship of the fellow that offered it.

Every other offer so far is simply not good enough.

TurK100

Feb 22, 2019
Trade Brock?...I am old enough to remember the Cam Neely trade. Hated that trade at the time. Neely will go down as the greatest Canuck of all time..what a joke that was..
Why do we not bring Harry Neil back for one day only, just to trade Brock to the Leafs for the Leaf fan that eats Cat poo.

It's real..Its official.....Leaf fans eat poo

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Good post but I still think you’re misinterpreting my intentions about trading Boeser (ie rushing the rebuild).

If it’s possible, I only want to trade Boeser IF we get a very promising young RD that is on a bridge or an ELC. If anything, that would push us even further into the rebuild, given that Boeser’s ELC expires this Summer (While our newly acquired dman would still be on hi bridge or ELC for atleast an extra year). The Canucks would then tank this season (thanks to the loss of Boeser), grt a high pick in the draft, and then go hard after Stone or Duchene in the summer. And again - who would say “no” to playing alongside Pettersson for the next 7 years?

Stone and Duchene are no slouches and so it’s not like Pettersson would be forced to carry those guys either.

I’m a bit surprised that more Canuck fans aren’t with me on this. We pretty much get a Boeser equivalent on D (in terms of value), and then pretty much compensate the loss of Boeser up front by going after Stone or Duchene (who would now likely want to come here due to the money we could offer them with our freed up cap space, along with the opportunity to play with Pettersson).

Yeah, I can dig it, but what happens if we whiff on Panarin, Stone, Duchene? Do we overpay for Dzingel?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Yeah, I can dig it, but what happens if we whiff on Panarin, Stone, Duchene? Do we overpay for Dzingel?

Very true.

Unfortunately, that would be the risk you’d take with a move like this.

Personally, I’d go for both Ferland and Dzingel if we whiffed on the above........but I don’t think it would ever come to that point. Think about it from the perspective of Panarin/Duchene/Stone.

“I’m going to get paid BIG MONEY for 7 years to play with PETTERSSON. This team has good young pieces in all positions, and I could very well be the missing piece.”

Reactions: The Alien

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Very true.

Unfortunately, that would be the risk you’d take with a move like this.

Personally, I’d go for both Ferland and Dzingel if we whiffed on the above........but I don’t think it would ever come to that point. Think about it from the perspective of Panarin/Duchene/Stone.

“I’m going to get paid BIG MONEY for 7 years to play with PETTERSSON. This team has good young pieces in all positions, and I could very well be the missing piece.”

Thing is LOTS of teams can make a similiar, if not better, pitch.... Take Florida & say they approach Panarin. They have the likes of Barkov, Trochek, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Hoffman (and that's just up front). They have oodles of cap space, low income taxes, a very amenable climate and a large contingent of Russians.

Duchene is commonly linked to Nashville due to his enthusiasm for all things country (and supposedly he's even involved in some sort of property development there). They don't have oodles of cap space, but they have valuable pieces they could fairly easily move for good value, should they elect to go hard after him. Oh, and they're a strong team, which has gotta be a selling point to a guy who claims he just wants to play in the playoffs

Petterson is a potential selling point for sure but I think you're overestimating the value of that (while underestimating the value of a wealth of other factors)

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad