Value of: Brock Boeser for a young defenseman that plays the right side

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
No, he certainly doesn’t get Seth Jones. #1RD on a crazy good contract?

I think he meant when Seth Jones was traded. At the time, he wasn't yet a 1RD on a crazy good contract.

But even then, Boeser's value might not be there because he's not a center.

Lmao ep40 is worth two seth jones

Stop.

Nobody is worthy of two Seth Jones, but one Seth Jones also is not worthy of one Elias Pettersson.

I mean it really depends what you value philosophically: 1C or 1D?

Pettersson is several years younger but Jones is already signed to a sweetheart contract (albeit for only 3 more years, and then he's going to break the bank).

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
The most recent trade of a top line winger in a one for one is hall for larrson wingers are great but don't hold the value that a top C or D do same as backup goalies even if your guys good team don't overpay to trade for those positions they overpay for top C and for top D

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
I'd rather trade him for 2 potential top 6 players. Maybe add Goldobin.

Boeser
+
Goldobin

for

Johnsson
+
Kapenen or Nylander

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Like who? No one like Boeser
Not saying a Boeser level player but Barrie is a 3 time 50 pt RHD he would return a top six wing and I don't see why the AVS would want to trade Barrie Jost and a first for what would be a second line winger on the AVS since he's not better than Mikko team usually don't trade packages like that for a position that isn't a dire need

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Not saying a Boeser level player but Barrie is a 3 time 50 pt RHD he would return a top six wing and I don't see why the AVS would want to trade Barrie Jost and a first for what would be a second line winger on the AVS since he's not better than Mikko team usually don't trade packages like that for a position that isn't a dire need
If the OP wasn't a Nuks fan, I wouldn't heve bothered.
I suspect it would take a lot to pryBoeser away from a team whoo need more Boesners themselves.
Futher, there were also a coupleof Barrie trade threads on going which, gave me this idea.
I would have thought that finding a snipe like that for Barriew a pick that ought to be higher than a top ten and another asset might be appealing.... I was just kidding myself though
Appreciate the response...Toodles

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Why? You could argue we are thinner at wing going forward than on defense. This is just robbing Peter to pay Paul, except peter is actually poorer than paul in the first place.

It’s not robbing Peter to Paul. At all. WHY?

Because - UFA wingers would be licking their chops at the idea of playing with Pettersson on the top line in Vancouver for years to come.

1) We would have cap space.
2) We would be offering an opportunity for a high profile winger to play with Pettersson for 7 years and for a high AAV.

I would even argue that we’d be a huge front runner for Mark Stone.

So,

1) We’d get the Boeser equivalent on defense
2) Atleast one of Stone, Duchene, or Panarin would jump at the opportunity to play here due to us having cap space and due to the opportunity to play with Pettersson for 7 years.
Last but not least......trading Boeser would sink us in the standings this year......which would give us a greater opportunity to draft someone like Jack, Kakko, etc.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

1) Canucks trade Boeser for McAvoy
2) The loss of Boeser helps Team Tank and we end up with a higher draft pick.
3) We throw big money at one of Stone, Panarin, or Duchene in the offseason. One of them bites due to the Canucks having cap space and due to the opportunity to play with Pettersson (for illustrative purposes, I’ll go with Panarin).

Panarin-Pettersson-Virtanen
Baertschi-Horvat-Leivo
Roussel-Gaudette-Eriksson
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Edler-MacVoy
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
You are making assumptions that UFA's big name ones impact ones want to play here. Name one UFA that wasn't a complete and utter failure when Bure was here. What happened to all the elite centres that wanted to play with Bure? We got Messier. We know how that turned out.

You want to trade Boeser? fine. Wait until the summer, wait until we land a stone, or duchene, or whoever. Then let's talk. You trade Boeser now and no UFA comes to play with Pettersson now what? Now he's gonna feel like McJesus with a losing team and no talent around him and bail the moment he hits UFA. Good job, now you've wasted the only generational player we've had along with an elite goal scorer under the age of 22.

Please think before you post. It's embarrassing reading your posts at times.

Reactions: generic opinion

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This thread is dumb since we create a hole on our roster the moment we move Boeser.

In terms of value, we'd be looking at a young defenceman that is on the level of an OEL or Klingberg type player.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Based off age, Canucks window etc just Matthews and Marner
That's insane JT is a number 1C who isn't dropping off anytime soon and Rielly is 25 and a top pair D if you actually believe that Vancouver fans should count themselves lucky your not the one making these calls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->