Value of: Brock Boeser for a young defenseman that plays the right side

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
#3 is exactly what I meant about teams not willing to part with what you're asking. They have their guy because they need it just as bad.

For #4, I know Vancouver isn't in the same cap crunch that moron Chiarelli got Edmonton into, but please don't go forward with the "Anybody and everybody can produce with McDavid" mentality with Pettersson. Look where it got them. I know your team's performance and placing in the standings is a pleasant surprise this season, but please don't let it rush this rebuild. Take your time, hold the course and develop.

You have to realize RHD are rarely available. Barrie could be headed to FLD for Huberdeau and extended long term. VAN could draft a RHD, but the 2019 draft is loaded with Forwards with some LHD. 2020 draft is heavy with elite Wingers.

AVs have a bounty of RHD. It makes too much sense to get the player they need. Barrie has been linked to Van for years. I not saying this would be a perfect trade target, but his analysis is not that far fetched.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You have to realize RHD are rarely available. Barrie could be headed to FLD for Huberdeau and extended long term. VAN could draft a RHD, but the 2019 draft is loaded with Forwards with some LHD. 2020 draft is heavy with elite Wingers.

AVs have a bounty of RHD. It makes too much sense to get the player they need. Barrie has been linked to Van for years. I not saying this would be a perfect trade target, but his analysis is not that far fetched.

Larsson + 2019 1st (Top 5 protected) or 2020 1st unprotected

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Pesce? haven't really even thought whether Canes should do that (probably), but just wondering where the value is. Pesce contract also incredible.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If you have your heart set on Kakko
I didn't know you guys have sunk so low. I was figuring something closer to it being in the midteens

Nooope Avs riding a vicious PDO fueled losing streak for the better part of 30 or so games.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Liljgren + Nylander
For
Boeser + Tanev

Get AM his winger.
And Babs his RHD

Hyman - Matthews- Boeser
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Johnsson

Rielly - Hainsey
Muzzin - Tanev
Gardiner - Dermott

So you want to add even more cap to Tor? Good plan there superchief

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
#3 is exactly what I meant about teams not willing to part with what you're asking. They have their guy because they need it just as bad.

For #4, I know Vancouver isn't in the same cap crunch that moron Chiarelli got Edmonton into, but please don't go forward with the "Anybody and everybody can produce with McDavid" mentality with Pettersson. Look where it got them. I know your team's performance and placing in the standings is a pleasant surprise this season, but please don't let it rush this rebuild. Take your time, hold the course and develop.

Good post but I still think you’re misinterpreting my intentions about trading Boeser (ie rushing the rebuild).

If it’s possible, I only want to trade Boeser IF we get a very promising young RD that is on a bridge or an ELC. If anything, that would push us even further into the rebuild, given that Boeser’s ELC expires this Summer (While our newly acquired dman would still be on hi bridge or ELC for atleast an extra year). The Canucks would then tank this season (thanks to the loss of Boeser), grt a high pick in the draft, and then go hard after Stone or Duchene in the summer. And again - who would say “no” to playing alongside Pettersson for the next 7 years?

Stone and Duchene are no slouches and so it’s not like Pettersson would be forced to carry those guys either.

I’m a bit surprised that more Canuck fans aren’t with me on this. We pretty much get a Boeser equivalent on D (in terms of value), and then pretty much compensate the loss of Boeser up front by going after Stone or Duchene (who would now likely want to come here due to the money we could offer them with our freed up cap space, along with the opportunity to play with Pettersson).

Reactions: Super Hans

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
As the Av's are a team I do not hate... I'll just wish them well
Which ever way that can be worked out by Av's fans

This was a rebuilding year. There are FAR worse things than them having 2 high picks in a year tailor made to their needs. Plus its nice to know you just had an unlucky season that had you under perform rather than your team is actually bad. The Avs will be fine and if the giant loss allows them to maximize their return for Barrie by trading him at the TDL then its likely a blessing in disguise.

If Ott pick ends up top 5 and the Avs can use theirs on Krebs, that is a dream scenario.

Also to add onto the OP topic. In a year where UFA is filled with high end wingers and BB needing a giant contract, I don't think this is a good market to try and move him. There's too many other options out there to maximize value. Plus Van could use that sexy flow

Reactions: Groo

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I don't think Tallon is dumb enough to swap Hub for Barrie without a significant add. Barrie's been a trainwreck during the losing stretch and the nice point totals can't cover up that fact.

I also believe the availability of Huberdeau is more related to their Panarin/Bob aspirations than the rumor they're scouting Barrie.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So Barrie...

Risto...

Montour...

Liljegren...

Larsson...

Are these names you'd move Boeser for, OP? Are we really prepared to move a scoring threat from a team that can't score enough consitently for those kinds of pieces?

(Maybe Did to but I don't think that would fly with Buffalo...plus the concept is still awful, not the value).

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
So Barrie...

Risto...

Montour...

Liljegren...

Larsson...

Are these names you'd move Boeser for, OP? Are we really prepared to move a scoring threat from a team that can't score enough consitently for those kinds of pieces?

(Maybe Did to but I don't think that would fly with Buffalo...plus the concept is still awful, not the value).

To be honest, I wouldn't move Boeser for those guys.

The two guys I had in mind were Heiskanen and Makar, but those ships look like they have sailed.

Montour does interest me however.

Maybe Boeser + 2nd for Montour + 1st?

I'm not sure where Evan Bouchard and Noah Dobson are at in their development, or if it would be worth our while to go after those guys, but I'd possibly be interested in them as well.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
This theory that its easy to sign and draft wingers would seem to be disproved by the VANCOUVER CANUCKS roster! we have 1 quality winger, 1!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

The two guys I had in mind were Heiskanen and Makar, but those ships look like they have sailed.

I'm not sure where Evan Bouchard and Noah Dobson are at in the development, or if it would be worth our while to go after those guys, but I'd possibly be interested in them as well.

That's my point.

Boeser is worth more to us then who we could get as a D. I'm not holding Boeser up on some pedestal but we need him more then we need the D mentioned by you or me or anyone in this thread. Boeser Pettersson and Horvat are the main sources of offense and two of them play the same position. Our winger depth is atrocious and I think worse then our defense which is also atrocious.

Insulate and compliment our stars instead of just assuming that they'll be fine without support. We are a top piece or two from our defense being passable and we have one possible piece in the pipeline at no cost to other areas. We some-the-crazy-how have been mentioned as being a landing place for Karlsson. Let's see if these routes pan out before we start trading assets we don't have a hope of replacing internally for an asset less valuable then we could get in Hughes and/or Karlsson.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
AVs are sinking badly in the standings. They sit with the 10th worst record and equally close to the conference bottom as reaching the final WC. They've only won 3X this year and with their chances of reaching the playoffs fading, it's more realistic the pick will be top 5.

They're more than happy to keep the pick or trade elsewhere.
Only on HF boards is a 1st round pick worth more than a proven 1st line RW sniper who’s 21 :laugh:

VanCoolers

Feb 6, 2019
Pennsylvania
Vancouver:
Loui Eriksson ( retain 25% salary - 1500 )
4th Round 2020 pick

Ottawa:
Cody Ceci

Seems more ideal, dont think we should trade Boeser. We need to keep the 3 tiers that are showing offense.

Brock, Bo, and Elias are showing they want to win and bring the team together.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Vancouver:
Loui Eriksson ( retain 25% salary - 1500 )
4th Round 2020 pick

Ottawa:
Cody Ceci

Seems more ideal, dont think we should trade Boeser. We need to keep the 3 tiers that are showing offense.

Brock, Bo, and Elias are showing they want to win and bring the team together.

If we retain then I'd not want to send the pick. Ceci is not good. At least I feel Eriksson can still play a shut down role with Beagle and Player Three.

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX

This feels like the 10th time I've read "the ship has sailed" on trading Boeser for Heiskanen across several pages on multiple threads on the same absurd suggestion. I can assure you that ship was never even in the port.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

I'm not sure where Evan Bouchard and Noah Dobson are at in their development, or if it would be worth our while to go after those guys, but I'd possibly be interested in them as well.

The Ducks 1st is gonna be a top 5 pick at this point. Thats not happening.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Earth. I live on earth. Asl?

Nylander has very dubious value right now, that contract could end up being pretty bad. Boeser scores more, is a bit younger, still on an elc, and is more consistent. Liljegren hasn't played a game in the NHL, isn't really producing in the AHL, while Tanev is an established (albeit injury prone) NHLer on a great contract.

Even from Toronto's perspective it doesn't make sense. Boeser and Tanev would add to their cap troubles next year since Boeser will probably make closer to 8 and Tanev already makes 4. There is no way this trade would ever happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad