Player Discussion Brock Boeser - Brock Around the Clock

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
We were told that Boeser might skate on Sunday with the team, I believe.

Anybody know if they practiced today and if Boeser was back on the ice with the team?

Edit: I found it on twitter. He is back.

Last edited:

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Serious question.

So BB6 needed wrist or hand surgery etc and he gets it a few days after he needs it.

Non athletes wait for surgery for 6 months to a year for knee , shoulder , hip etc surgeries. I know there is no private medical services (outside of imaging) so how does BB6 (and all NHLers ) get to the front of the line?
I work in an office so this has never come up for me, but workplace injuries (which is what playing hockey is, *if you're a pro player*) can be treated in private clinics. No line.

Reactions: MarkMM

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I work in an office so this has never come up for me, but workplace injuries (which is what playing hockey is, *if you're a pro player*) can be treated in private clinics. No line.

Really? So if your gull bladder needs to be removed and you’re at work, there’s private places you can go that will do it? (I’m asking seriously)

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Really? So if your gull bladder needs to be removed and you’re at work, there’s private places you can go that will do it? (I’m asking seriously)

Yeah, there are private clinics that you can pay to go to and skip waitlists in the public healthcare system.

The catch (more for the doctors than the patients) is that if you work in a pirvate clinic then you can't take clients paid for by the public healthcare system (but then you are also free from the pricing system of the government; so you might have fewer clients, but you can charge whatever you want for people willing to pay to skip the line).

Businesses that want people back in a hurry (including sometimes the government themselves, who want police or fire fighters back in a hurry) often pay up to get their people fixed faster.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Yeah, there are private clinics that you can pay to go to and skip waitlists in the public healthcare system.

The catch (more for the doctors than the patients) is that if you work in a pirvate clinic then you can't take clients paid for by the public healthcare system (but then you are also free from the pricing system of the government; so you might have fewer clients, but you can charge whatever you want for people willing to pay to skip the line).

Businesses that want people back in a hurry (including sometimes the government themselves, who want police or fire fighters back in a hurry) often pay up to get their people fixed faster.
To add, from a government perspective, for some surgeries it actually costs less public money to pay for a private surgery than to pay for disability over a long lay-off, say if a firefighter has a knee injury ect that requires surgery given public waitlists for surgeries can be over a year long. The public heathcare system is pretty broken right now.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Huge Boeser fan, but with that said.
Garland > Boeser by almost every facet.

I know its only game 1 but dude really needs to get his game together.
Because he's way better than what he's demonstrating right now.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Huge Boeser fan, but with that said.
Garland > Boeser by almost every facet.

I know its only game 1 but dude really needs to get his game together.
Because he's way better than what he's demonstrating right now.
Did we watch the same game?

Good in both ends of the ice. Won a bunch of puck battles.

He wasn't shooting the puck but that will probably come once his hand is 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Did we watch the same game?

Good in both ends of the ice. Won a bunch of puck battles.

He wasnt shooting the puck btut that will probably comr once his hand is 100%.
Hope you’re right. Showed improvement compared to last season no doubt but I still want more from him, this guy is a legit 1st liner only if he’s utilising his shot, otherwise there are way more players doing the dirty works like winning puck battles for cheaper value.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Boeser should be with EP40. period. He would've buried that pass unlike Hoglander that missed 4 feet wide. Hogz should be in Abby. Not big enough for the NHL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unless Kuzmenko's play in the exhibition schedule and game #1 is a mirage, he's a legit top-six scoring winger. It's like he just fell into the Canucks lap....which in some ways he did.

But if really complicates things. He'll be due a big raise this off-season, and is there enough room to keep three of Boeser, Horvat and Kuzmenko? Probably not.

My prediction.......Horvat and Kuzmenko get re-signed, but Boeser is on the block. The Canucks proved at the end of last season they can win without Brock in the lineup.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
They 100% need to move on from Boeser but I don't know what you can get for his salary. Hopefully, someone out there still believes and they can get a defenseman who's fallen off but has the talent (but the contract length has to be equal or less than Boeser).

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They 100% need to move on from Boeser but I don't know what you can get for his salary. Hopefully, someone out there still believes and they can get a defenseman who's fallen off but has the talent (but the contract length has to be equal or less than Boeser).

I was hoping Provorov would get off to a terrible start under Torts to facilitate something like this but unfortunately he looked excellent against us.

Reactions: Vector

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Boeser will have value. He's got name brand recognition, which matters more than it should in this league, and he's a remarkably consistent producer other than an anomaly year last year, it's everything else that's the problem.

Management would have to find the guts to make an against the grain move though, which feels increasingly unlikely.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Boeser's was probably my favorite of the big rookie seasons we've had. Wasn't much expectations that year, and he was the first sign of hope. Just a fun player to watch, always dangerous, and that shot... looked like someone who would compete for rockets.

He was back on top in the Canadian division season.

Looks like everything is difficult for him now, like he actually has cement in his skates and gloves.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Boeser's was probably my favorite of the big rookie seasons we've had. Wasn't much expectations that year, and he was the first sign of hope. Just a fun player to watch, always dangerous, and that shot... looked like someone who would compete for rockets.

He was back on top in the Canadian division season.

Looks like everything is difficult for him now, like he actually has cement in his skates and gloves.
He's had 2 foot injuries, 2 hand injuries, a back injury, upper body injury and an arm injury in his career. The back injury in 2018 at the hands of Clutterbuck seemed to really effect his skating; and then the arm/hand injuries really screwed his lethal shot he had.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
He's had 2 foot injuries, 2 hand injuries, a back injury, upper body injury and an arm injury in his career. The back injury in 2018 at the hands of Clutterbuck seemed to really effect his skating; and then the arm/hand injuries really screwed his lethal shot he had.
It's really sad to see. I still think he's a decent NHL player, especially on the PP. I remember his skating not to be much of an issue in his rookie season. He wasn't the most explosive skater but he had strong powerful striders. He might still fit into another team, but as it currently stands he doesn't offer much 5 on 5 and should be the forward moved in my opinion.

Boeser will have value. He's got name brand recognition, which matters more than it should in this league, and he's a remarkably consistent producer other than an anomaly year last year, it's everything else that's the problem.

Management would have to find the guts to make an against the grain move though, which feels increasingly unlikely.
We shoulda made a play in the past, possibly after the canadian division season. Hindsights 20/20 but competent organizations make bold moves and plan ahead.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Really doesn't look good on Allvin or JR right now. That contract is now going to be buyout worthy...A massive error right off the bat.

Reactions: pomorick

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really doesn't look good on Allvin or JR right now. That contract is now going to be buyout worthy...A massive error right off the bat.

It's by far the biggest mistake they've made.

It should have been a slam dunk to move him for whatever they could get (or nothing if need be) and re-invest the $7 million in the blueline. Or sit on the cap space and wait until you can make a home run deal for a blueliner.

Instead they did the same thing the fans here did. They got stuck on sentimentality and pedigree and 'rebuilding asset value' instead of realizing that giving that contract to a player trending this badly absolutely tanks asset value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad