Player Discussion Brock Boeser - Brock Around the Clock

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
While many media folks look at the LA trade and consequent signing of Fiala as a bench mark for getting a Miller's value or deal done the reality is Fiala and Boeser are much closer to the same.
Both RFA's at the end of their contracts
Similar point production with BB being a little higher but more consistent.
Boeser's trade value.
Hopefully the team can get a similar or even better deal

Simon Johansson is he any good?

Last edited:

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
While many media folks look at the LA trade and consequent signing of Fiala as a bench mark for getting a Miller's value or deal done the reality is Fiala and Boeser are much closer to the same.
Boeser's trade value.

Drance for what it’s worth claims we need to expect less than the Fiala return, because of the high QO. Why that matters with ability to let said other team negotiate a new deal? I dunno. Just the cost of business I guess. Teams won’t even answer the phone for Boeser chat maybe without Vancouver being subservient because of the 7.5 QO? Who knows?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Drance for what it’s worth claims we need to expect less than the Fiala return, because of the high QO. Why that matters with ability to let said other team negotiate a new deal? I dunno. Just the cost of business I guess. Teams won’t even answer the phone for Boeser chat maybe without Vancouver being subservient because of the 7.5 QO? Who knows?
Fiala also has been the better player in recent years, and plays with much more speed.

It’s not just the QO.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Boeser's trade value.

Fiala put up literally double the production of Boeser last year. Their value isn't close.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Fiala put up literally double the production of Boeser last year. Their value isn't close.

That is wrong and would be close to me saying Brock missed a quarter of the season.

Again no doubt Brock had a bad year, but your continued overstatements of how bad is just wrong. He still has his shot too.

I bet their value is closer than you think. Brock has a better ppg, and even with the high QO will be cost less. This isnt to say Brock is worth the same, just that it’s closer than you keep claiming.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That is wrong and would be close to me saying Brock missed a quarter of the season.

Again no doubt Brock had a bad year, but your continued overstatements of how bad is just wrong. He still has his shot too.

I bet their value is closer than you think. Brock has a better ppg, and even with the high QO will be cost less. This isnt to say Brock is worth the same, just that it’s closer than you keep claiming.
I can see some teams talking themselves into the "well this is a guy who's paced at 30 goals or more multiple times, right shot player", "won't be expensive as fiala in acquisition cost or contract"

the problem is, is that the early mumblings months ago were that the canucks were going to try and bridge it at 2-3 years at a cut rate below the 7.5 and now we hear today from irf that negotiations went dead... speculation from sat/irf is that boeser didn't like that offer.

maybe things change and boeser comes back to the table in the next few days, who knows

and i think the difference between boeser @ 7 and fiala at 7.8 doesn't effectively represent the difference in talent level between the players.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Fiala outscored Boeser 67-28 at ES.

The fact that Brock Boeser was dynamic 5 years ago in the fall of 2017 isn't making his value close to Fiala's in 2022 after Fiala put up 85 points.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I got to say, I love the kid but I gotta go with MS on this one. I hear "he's sneaky good in board battles", well forget sneaky, dude is straight up wearing camo cause I don't see it. Average maybe. I would follow him into a dark alley if he had a knife rather than walk the streets in daylight with Tyler Motte handcuffed.

Reactions: B-rock

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

I can understand why someone would prefer to see Boeser moved. The QO situation makes this a very complicated contract moving forward.

What I don't get why someone would go on a smear campaign on here with obvious hyperbole to convert people to this line of thinking.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I can see some teams talking themselves into the "well this is a guy who's paced at 30 goals or more multiple times, right shot player", "won't be expensive as fiala in acquisition cost or contract"

the problem is, is that the early mumblings months ago were that the canucks were going to try and bridge it at 2-3 years at a cut rate below the 7.5 and now we hear today from irf that negotiations went dead... speculation from sat/irf is that boeser didn't like that offer.

maybe things change and boeser comes back to the table in the next few days, who knows

and i think the difference between boeser @ 7 and fiala at 7.8 doesn't effectively represent the difference in talent level between the players.
I have no real opinion on what we should do as I think there are so many moving parts, that don’t even have to do with Boeser, including who else gets moved and for what.

Having said that worst case Brock at 7.5 mil for one year isn’t end of the world terrible.

We will see what the contract looks like.

Fiala outscored Boeser 67-28 at ES.

The fact that Brock Boeser was dynamic 5 years ago in the fall of 2017 isn't making his value close to Fiala's in 2022 after Fiala put up 85 points.

Yes he out scored him at ES… in over 120 mins. And again it is one guy having a career year vs one guy having his worst season, and again I am not saying they are worth the same. Just similar than what you keep posting.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

i am not sold on this

does he still have his wrist shot the way markus naslund, post-2004 still had his wrist shot? sure. with enough time and space (which he can’t create by himself) he can still rip it

does he still have his wrist shot and can get it off in any situation fast enough to beat any goalie in the world? i haven’t seen that from him since my kid graduated from diapers

the real x factor here is, can boeser maximize his abilities/minimize his liabilities and reinvent himself as a san jose-era dany heatley?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
i am not sold on this

does he still have his wrist shot the way markus naslund, post-2004 still had his wrist shot? sure. with enough time and space (which he can’t create by himself) he can still rip it

does he still have his wrist shot and can get it off in any situation fast enough to beat any goalie in the world? i haven’t seen that from him since my kid graduated from diapers

the real x factor here is, can boeser maximize his abilities/minimize his liabilities and reinvent himself as a san jose-era dany heatley?

There is a great video from youtube that has every single goal he scored this season, many were him using his shot to beat a goalie, and many in one timer fashion. Take a look and then let me know what you think.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
There is a great video from youtube that has every single goal he scored this season, many were him using his shot to beat a goalie, and many in one timer fashion. Take a look and then let me know what you think.

Do you mean this one?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think so, there was a few, but even if not it should be good enough.

Here are the time stamps for all the goals that look like classic Brock Boeser:

1:30
1:45
2:00
3:15
4:00
4:17
4:30
4:45

These are onetimers and wrist shots where he's beating a goalie cleanly. 4:00 is the one that absolutely looks like prime super Brock Boeser No Way Anyone Can Stop This Wrist Shot. Now part of only seeing 8 is because he spent a lot of time as a front net presence on the PP. I feel I'm even being generous with some of these.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Here are the time stamps for all the goals that look like classic Brock Boeser:

1:30
1:45
2:00
3:15
4:00
4:17
4:30
4:45

These are onetimers and wrist shots where he's beating a goalie cleanly. 4:00 is the one that absolutely looks like prime super Brock Boeser No Way Anyone Can Stop This Wrist Shot. Now part of only seeing 8 is because he spent a lot of time as a front net presence on the PP. I feel I'm even being generous with some of these.

Its opportunity though, how often does he have the chance like you say? in a down year those 8 represent a third of his goals (technically more).

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
At this point I think it's best to just offer Boeser his QO and hope he bounces back. If he doesn't regain his form or won't sign a long-term deal then they retain some salary on him and move him at the trade deadline (depending on where the team's at in the standings).

I still think there's a very good chance that he does bounce back. Less distractions and a full season under BB should help Brock out a lot.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
The Fiala trade opens up a need for Boeser there.
Boeser's history shows he will move to be close to home, changes colleges.
Minny might get him on a home town discount, maybe 6 x 8.
A trade would still likely include a salaried player for additional cap space or they do a salary dump trade somewhere else.

IMHO Boeser is not Fiala but then I do think Boeser would be more impactful in the playoffs.
Boeser had a brutal season, injuries and if anyone has a parent go through what his dad did would know it an be uber stressful, sleepless nights, emotional breakdowns, every phone call is dreaded, every knock at the door.
As I pointed out, being close to home, his family was very important to him.

I think Minny makes an offer and the Nucks will do a league wide player admired move and take a little less to help the player.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Fiala is a playdriver whereas Brock is a support player. Their value's shouldn't be close.

While I agree, there's definitely a huge subset of management teams that value "ripping the puck" as the most important skill in the world. The general feeling, today, amongst the hockey pundits is that Boeser will return close to what Fiala got. I don't think either are correct but what I think doesn't matter.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
The Fiala trade opens up a need for Boeser there.
Boeser's history shows he will move to be close to home, changes colleges.
Minny might get him on a home town discount, maybe 6 x 8.
A trade would still likely include a salaried player for additional cap space or they do a salary dump trade somewhere else.

IMHO Boeser is not Fiala but then I do think Boeser would be more impactful in the playoffs.
Boeser had a brutal season, injuries and if anyone has a parent go through what his dad did would know it an be uber stressful, sleepless nights, emotional breakdowns, every phone call is dreaded, every knock at the door.
As I pointed out, being close to home, his family was very important to him.

I think Minny makes an offer and the Nucks will do a league wide player admired move and take a little less to help the player.
Minny trades Fiala because they don’t have cap space and replace him with an inferior player? Because he is from Minny. Right. Do other teams fans daydream about trading all of the BC born players on their rosters to Vancouver for an over payment because we must have them at all costs? Who the f*** cares where a player is from

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Minny trades Fiala because they don’t have cap space and replace him with an inferior player? Because he is from Minny. Right. Do other teams fans daydream about trading all of the BC born players on their rosters to Vancouver for an over payment because we must have them at all costs? Who the f*** cares where a player is from
Fiala wanted big money and term, they also went through arbitration with him last year hoping to keep him.
After moving him they need scoring.
When Boeser moved colleges he went from a full pull to paying his own way to be close to home, it was that important to him.
IMO Boeser would take a home town discount to be close to home and while not being as dynamic as Fiala maybe without all the distraction he could/would improve his numbers.
Minny is in a WIN NOW window, Vancouver will not be for 2 to 4 years.

BTW BC born players, the top UFA's of their day took home town discounts to come here so it does happen.

Where from? Russia, some question as to whether drafted players will/can come here. Never know what Putin will say or do

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Fiala wanted big money and term, they also went through arbitration with him last year hoping to keep him.
After moving him they need scoring.
When Boeser moved colleges he went from a full pull to paying his own way to be close to home, it was that important to him.
IMO Boeser would take a home town discount to be close to home and while not being as dynamic as Fiala maybe without all the distraction he could/would improve his numbers.
Minny is in a WIN NOW window, Vancouver will not be for 2 to 4 years.

BTW BC born players, the top UFA's of their day took home town discounts to come here so it does happen.

Where from? Russia, some question as to whether drafted players will/can come here. Never know what Putin will say or do
In what world is Minnesota in win-now mode? Do you have any idea what their cap looks like for the next three years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad