Broadstreet Hockey (New Rosters) LEAGUE GLITCHED. REBOOTING.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
I'd like to join as the Canucks but I have a question about waivers. How are we supposed to know what players we can send down that wouldn't require waivers? Say I want to send Jensen down. In real life he is waiver exempt but what if I don't know that?

I will send a request in the am to join as I'm won't be home tonight. I'd appreciate it if u can hold the Canucks for me! My gt is the same as my username

dont worry about jensen, waivers basically nothing ridiclous harbouring in the minors i.e booth or like garrison

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What about injuries? Simming will happen and it seems like leagues have people lose interest quicker when they have so many injuries... but the counter is that then depth becomes unimportant.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Get called out. Damn. Its true though, i did not enjoy our game in a recent league. You were boston.

Benn14

Mar 16, 2013
Vancouver BC
Get called out. Damn. Its true though, i did not enjoy our game in a recent league. You were boston.

You played me one time... obviously I'm not going to do the same moves over and over again you think I like to do the same thing again and again? I'd rather play for fun pretty sure our game was like 2-1 or something how can you be mad about that I don't get you people it's a game and I'm playing it the way I know how to...if you want it to change I'm willing to change my style a little I don't know what else to say this is ridiculous.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I sent a request to join as the Canucks a day ago as I asked u to hold it for me but either u declined it or didn't accept it yet so could u post here to let me know when I'm in?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Question bout waivers again.... Can I place players on waivers just because I don't want them? And if someone actually claims one do I just trade him for a 7th?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I had an idea for free agency:
89+ ovr must be signed to 6-7 year contracts
85-88 must be signed to 4+ year contracts
82-84 must be signed to 3+ year contracts
80-81 must be signed to 2+ year contracts
Anyone under 80 can be signed to 1 year contracts

Makes it more realistic than just signing everyone to 2 year contracts to get them and then working out a better deal after 2 years because u have a few days to negotiate before they become free agents again and u wouldn't have to bid against others at this time.

Plus the way ea rated guys, guys rated 79 and below are usually players that don't even get contracts in real life and if they do it's a 1 yr close to league minimum thing

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I had an idea for free agency:
89+ ovr must be signed to 6-7 year contracts
85-88 must be signed to 4+ year contracts
82-84 must be signed to 3+ year contracts
80-81 must be signed to 2+ year contracts
Anyone under 80 can be signed to 1 year contracts

Makes it more realistic than just signing everyone to 2 year contracts to get them and then working out a better deal after 2 years because u have a few days to negotiate before they become free agents again and u wouldn't have to bid against others at this time.

Plus the way ea rated guys, guys rated 79 and below are usually players that don't even get contracts in real life and if they do it's a 1 yr close to league minimum thing

There's a huge flaw in EA's free agency this year.

Free Agents seem to only ask for 1 year deals.

Once you start increasing the years on their asking term, they start asking for MORE money.

So if you add an addition 5-6 years on their 1 year asking term, you're essentially having to exceed their asking price by 2-3mill on average since they end to ask for 300k to 500k more for every year you add.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
There's a huge flaw in EA's free agency this year.

Free Agents seem to only ask for 1 year deals.

Once you start increasing the years on their asking term, they start asking for MORE money.

So if you add an addition 5-6 years on their 1 year asking term, you're essentially having to exceed their asking price by 2-3mill on average since they end to ask for 300k to 500k more for every year you add.

Are u sure it's not just certain players? It seems the same as last year to me. I had older players asking for less with more years but once I got passed a certain amount of years it would stay at the lowest the free agent would go.

I've also re-signed a few players to extra years to make then go below what they were asking for originally

But if that is actually happening in GMC then how bout anyone above 79 ovr has to be signed to a 2+ year deal and anyone below 79 can be signed for 1 year?

If I want to sign say cam barker (78ovr) or jan mursak (68 ovr) do I really need to sign them for 2 years?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad