Bring on the Knights

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
They have a pretty decent top six. I'm not worried about Patio - he isn't a playoff player, and Price knows him well enough. Stone, Price knows from Ottawa. I think the Danault line shuts them down. Second line though, is decent too, with Karlsson and Marchessault. I'm worried about their size though - Tuch and Reeves are going to be banging! Habs stopped hitting back in to Toronto series. We have the better goalie, maybe the better D - will be on Suzuki and Kotkaniemi to out play their second line.
You know what. I think they have a better D than us but offensively is pretty much similar. We have a better goalie. I think it will be pretty tough for us to score on this D. Pietrangelo, Martinez, McNabb, Theodore is a darn good top 4. But hey, our forechecking is A1 so we never know how a defense will react to it.

Reactions: Habs13

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
Vegas will be a challenge. They are a heavy, fast team that is one of the toughest in the league. But Montreal has some size on the backend too. This matchup is a good matchup for the team that simply wants it more. Fairly even team.

So how do you guys feel about Bergevin now? Will he get an extension or be done when his contract is over.
All the talk about heavy and fast Vegas against big and slow defense in Montreal, our best defenseman against dump and chase is named Carey Price, you better do a perfect dump or it is his puck.

This his how the Jets lost, their favorite zone entry disappeared, Toronto was a lot more trouble.

go jabs go

Reactions: Habs10Habs

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
COVID in US: Meh

COVID in CANADA: Scary scary virus
The USA lost 600k and Canada lost 24K
Yes they have 8.5 times the people, but 25 times the deaths....
Canada did it right, from the beginning, and they did not...........it is now time to let things get back to normal....get those vaccines folks!!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Wonder if their fans will drop 'accidental' posts here too, like Fig fan did.

We should send @Habano to rile them up. Weren't you the one who was rubbing it in the previous series? You'd be like our parachuted Ranger.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
The USA lost 600k and Canada lost 24K
Yes they have 8.5 times the people, but 25 times the deaths....
Canada did it right, from the beginning, and they did not...........it is now time to let things get back to normal....get those vaccines folks!!

I agree.

Vegas shouldn't have a full house. It's a superspreader event.

Fauci should bust in and shut that down.

Reactions: BLONG7

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Keep in mind they needed to ensure the Canadian playoffs would catch up to the American ones. But because Habs beat Jets in 4, the Canadian series finished first.

Also, this could also benefit the Habs. They can fly to Vegas and get used to the time change.
Or get coked out. C'est selon.

Reactions: Donkeyz

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
I'm nervous now. What if this series reach 7 games? What if they beat Vegas?

I'm going in Gaspesia with my girlfriend in a remote area to hike and camp in the wilderness from the 25th of June to the 2nd of July.... Changing my plan is a no-no. Can you imagine missing a game 7th or the Stanley Cup final? Why the Habs are so unpredictable?!

Reactions: Mathieu Landry

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Vegas in 5. First time facing a good team in these playoffs will bring the overachieving Habs back down to earth.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm nervous now. What if this series reach 7 games? What if they beat Vegas?

I'm going in Gaspesia with my girlfriend in a remote area to hike and camp in the wilderness from the 25th of June to the 2nd of July.... Changing my plan is a no-no. Can you imagine missing a game 7th or the Stanley Cup final? Why the Habs are so unpredictable?!
Advice from a man to another. Change girlfriends !!! if that is too hard , fake your own kidnapping from the camping site! but you cant commit such a crime of missing playoff hockey!

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'm kinda thinking that the Avs might've been a better matchup for us. Knights play a more physical game with a good netminder. Going to be tougher to score. With the Avs it would've been all about shutting down that speed but the Knights seem more playoff ready.

Either way, it was always going to be a really hard matchup.
The major advantage is playing the system perfectly. Every player have to beleive and execute Ducharme's system. And Price stop the puck. Fleury is a mystery. That playoff will be tough for the Habs, they will suffer.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
DD will try to keep it low event and lean on Carey and hopefully lull Fleury to sleep. Then we can inch our way into their zone and have our bottom 6 outscore their slow D and keep Tuch, Roy, Carrier's speed/size out of the equation. Against their top 6, just guard against the counter. I can see this going 7, especially with a rested and hot Carey and our big D vs their big forwards. Stylewise, we are better suited to play them than the Avs. But they're an excellent team and well coached.

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
"Colorado and Vegas was such an exciting series! Montreal won't be able to keep up!"

Nah, Montreal just isn't going to play run and gun hockey with Vegas like Colorado tried to. Good teams tend to play down to their competition in this league and that's why there's so much parity.

Fleury is definitely mortal. He let in a couple of goals in the last two games alone that were super suspect. It just depends if our offense keeps rolling or if it cools off.

It's going to be tough. But I am jazzed. Let's go.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I think Vegas are too much on a pedestal.

Arizona, SJ, LAK, ANA…IMO with what the Sens showed this year, those 4 teams are weaker then anything we have in the North division.

Habs have more trouble with teams playing the same style had them, 4 lines hockey with speed and a good system. It was apparent especially vs Calgary.

Vegas also has some trouble with other deep teams. Looking at the regular seasons matchup in the last 2 seasons, we see that Habs are 4-0, including 3 OT/SO wins so really tie games in these cases.

I think with the way our depth and D has been playing, the scoring chances will be pretty evenly spread between the 2 teams, maybe slightly to the advantage of Vegas. Maybe like game 1 and 5 vs Toronto.

It will come down to Price vs Fleury. I think MAF will be “over motivated” and not calm enough to perform well, he’s been just very inconsistent in his career vs the Habs and I’m sure this stems from added pressure he puts on himself.

No matter the result, I think people will eat crow (again) for thinking this was going to be an easy series. I don’t think there’s a single player in VGK locker room who thinks that.

Canadiens in 7

Previous predictions

- Habs to make PO and finish 3rd in the division during pre season

- Leafs in 6 in round 1

- Habs in 6 in round 2

Reactions: tinyzombies

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I think Vegas are too much on a pedestal.

Arizona, SJ, LAK, ANA…IMO with what the Sens showed this year, those 4 teams are weaker then anything we have in the North division.

Habs have more trouble with teams playing the same style had them, 4 lines hockey with speed and a good system. It was apparent especially vs Calgary.

Vegas also has some trouble with other deep teams. Looking at the regular seasons matchup in the last 2 seasons, we see that Habs are 4-0, including 3 OT/SO wins so really tie games in these cases.

I think with the way our depth and D has been playing, the scoring chances will be pretty evenly spread between the 2 teams, maybe slightly to the advantage of Vegas. Maybe like game 1 and 5 vs Toronto.

It will come down to Price vs Fleury. I think MAF will be “over motivated” and not calm enough to perform well, he’s been just very inconsistent in his career vs the Habs and I’m sure this stems from added pressure he puts on himself.

No matter the result, I think people will eat crow (again) for thinking this was going to be an easy series. I don’t think there’s a single player in VGK locker room who thinks that.

Canadiens in 7

Previous predictions

- Habs to make PO and finish 3rd in the division during pre season

- Leafs in 6 in round 1

- Habs in 6 in round 2

I’ll make an amendment to this prediction.

If Petry misses more then 1 game, my prediction become void and I’ll take Vegas in 6.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I’ll make an amendment to this prediction.

If Petry misses more then 1 game, my prediction become void and I’ll take Vegas in 6.

Petry will be extra important as they have a 1-2-2 trap and we need puck carrying D to draw them out of it, so we can get the line and dump on their slow D, which will break their nz structure (but DeBoer is a tactical genius, so this will be difficult). Kulak will be important too, and maybe Romanov or Gustafsson. Suzuki was our main exit guy last series, but Danault also. We have some puck carriers who can break a trap. Winning one of the first two in Vegas will be tough as they have momentum and will be rested. Have to hope that slowing down the game will annoy them. Take it down to the trenches and make it not fun. I'm surprised the bookies are disrespecting Price so hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad