Bring on the Knights

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He doesn't have to be as good as Price though. He just has to be good enough to stifle our not so great offense. Not going to be easy.
Do the VGK really have a great offense? Stone is a phenomenal player and better than anything Habs have but really better offensively?

Also, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Habs are about to play a team who’s Cs are significantly inferior

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
"Colorado and Vegas was such an exciting series! Montreal won't be able to keep up!"
/QUOTE]

Of course habs wont keep up, after all "they wont win a game vs the leafs" and "lucky to win vs the jets"

dont we all love those experts quotes

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
and that's probably why the Knights won too :) I think one thing we'll have over the Knights is the Center line - which is pretty rare for us

Goaltending edge to the Habs but Fluery can get just as hot.

Knights D will be a test. They are better than the Leafs in terms of how the Habs play which is big boys pushing you around

Forwards are interesting. A bit of an edge at center and I think our bottom 6 is better.

Reactions: abo9

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do the VGK really have a great offense? Stone is a phenomenal player and better than anything Habs have but really..

Also, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Habs are about to play a team who’s Cs are significantly inferior

I would say edge at center. Not significantly better.

Reactions: salbutera

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Knights D will be a test. They are better than the Leafs in terms of how the Habs play which is big boys pushing you around

Forwards are interesting. A bit of an edge at center and I think our bottom 6 is better.
I think the Habs century line is significantly better than VGKs 4th line - that 4th line mismatch showed itself in the Jets series (Thompson line), will that happen again vs VGK?

Habs need it to happen to win this series...

Reactions: Habs10Habs

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

I just assume that we have the edge in G against any team.

people will bring Vasi but I think that while he's a good starter, he's being sheltered behind a powerhouse of a team for the majority (if not all) of his career

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just assume that we have the edge in G against any team.

people will bring Vasi but I think that while he's a good starter, he's being sheltered behind a powerhouse of a team for the majority (if not all) of his career

I would say Price is the best when he's on. Vasi gets the advantage of playing on a great team and a good team D and that's fair but he also shines in the all star game with no D. He's good too

Reactions: abo9

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I think Kotkaniemi can be a wild card in this, he's at his best when he gets some rest and he's one of the two players who played all 56 games this season. This week will have recharged his batteries a good bit. Now imagine if Anderson gets it going offensively. Price should benefit a lot from this too

If all 4 line are a threat, Price can kill the dump-and-chase, Caufield/Toffoli can figure out Fleury, and grindy bois Gallagher-Danault-Lehkonen do their CORSI madness, we have a very real chance of winning this!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
one thing i can say, other then the lightning, the other 3 left standing play more or less same suffocating style.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
3 keys to success.

1- Hit them every chance you get. Specially Pacioretty, hit him over and over. We all know how bad he gets when he gets hit.

2- Defy Fleury early, he has a history of choking vs the Habs.

3- Watch out for offensive and neutral zone turnover.

Bonus: Give Stone the tiniest slash and he'll jump 7 feet in the air, fake cry and will have to miss the rest of the series to prove he has a micro pen...I mean a micro fracture.

Last edited:
Reactions: MakeTheGoalsLarger

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
fleuryagent.png

I know it's not meant to be. But that's a badass picture.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I really didn't think we would be still playing hockey in June. I said Jets series was gravy... but what's this then? Custard?! I'm even more weirded out that I think we have a chance against the Knights! This has been a strange, strange year! Can't wait to see what happens!

Reactions: leopod

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The thing with Fleury is even if he has a tough time against Montreal, the knights still have Lehner sitting on the bench and they haven't been afraid to make that switch in the past.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Went to the knights board and there were more Habs and Leafs fans in the Habs-Knights thread than Vegas fans :laugh:

Same, and the Vegas fans are a good and respectful bunch. So refreshing after all the Leafs and Jets bums we had to deal with.

Reactions: Doc5

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
The thing with Fleury is even if he has a tough time against Montreal, the knights still have Lehner sitting on the bench and they haven't been afraid to make that switch in the past.

That's true, but we have a vert solid backup in Allen too.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I can't imagine the Habs losing a series to Pacioretty, I just can't.

Now, Vegas are the favorites here obviously. Both Vegas and Colorado looked super fast in the series they just played. But I can't wait to see if they are that fast, or if the Habs' system will emasculate them.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Vegas also has a much better defensive group than Winnipeg which makes it more difficult. We'll have to keep getting our greasy goals
While their offense is clearly superior to ours, they also seem to give up a lot of odd-man rushes, which I'm hoping Suzuki/Caufield/KK/Byron/Lehkonen/Armia/etc. can capitalize on.

And yeah, we've been surprisingly good at getting greasy goals these playoffs. Like Andrei Kostitsyn said....

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
While their offense is clearly superior to ours, they also seem to give up a lot of odd-man rushes, which I'm hoping Suzuki/Caufield/KK/Byron/Lehkonen/Armia/etc. can capitalize on.
For sure. Our team defense and sound structure will hopefully lead to many of these rushes. I can't wait

Reactions: Stive Morgan

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
3 keys to success.

1- Hit them every chance you get. Specially Pacioretty, hit him over and over. We all know how bad he gets when he gets hit.

2- Defy Fleury early, he has a history of choking vs the Habs.

3- Watch out for offensive and neutral zone turnover.

Bonus: Give Stone the tiniest slash and he'll jump 7 feet in the air, fake cry and will have to miss the rest of the series to proove he has a micro pen...I mean a micro fracture.
BIG EYED FAT WALRUS!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The Karlsson line is playing real well right now and is their best line.
Their PP looks very good right now too. Puck movement is great.
Their D is much stronger than Peg . Pietrangelo is a beast and one of the best. Zach Whitecloud is one of those guys they find and they used him a lot last night.
Right now slight advantage Price over Fleury, although recent past Fleury has been better. It's pretty well a wash in goal.
We match up well against them, Colorado D is not physical enough. Vegas has some beastly forwards.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I can't imagine the Habs losing a series to Pacioretty, I just can't.

Now, Vegas are the favorites here obviously. Both Vegas and Colorado looked super fast in the series they just played. But I can't wait to see if they are that fast, or if the Habs' system will emasculate them.
Who does Danault cover? Karlsson line is their best right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad