Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I'm sure I'm missing something, but Brent Thompson & staff don't seem like the right/best options to be coaching/developing our young talent. Since Lou has total control over the entire franchise the fact that Thompson still has a job means that...Lou DOES think he's the right man for the job?

What am I missing because it doesn't all add up.
Lou has clearly made many good decisions since he took over the helm. Hiring Trotz was a home run. Duh.

He's also had some missteps on the player personnel end.

He's no different than any other successful GM. Not every decision is correct.

Why is it so hard for some posters to accept that keeping Thompson was one of his misfires?

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Lou has clearly made many good decisions since he took over the helm. Hiring Trotz was a home run. Duh.

He's also had some missteps on the player personnel end.

He's no different than any other successful GM. Not every decision is correct.

Why is it so hard for some posters to accept that keeping Thompson was one of his misfires?

Well Thompson wasn't one of Lou's hires and usually you want to bring in your own people. But...How can Lou think he's doing a great job. This isn't like having Ladd's contract that you're mostly stuck with. Thompson can be removed at any time.

Plus I'm sure Lou takes council from Trotz and does Trotz think Thompson & Co are doing a great job?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well Thompson wasn't one of Lou's hires and usually you want to bring in your own people. But...How can Lou think he's doing a great job. This isn't like having Ladd's contract that you're mostly stuck with. Thompson can be removed at any time.

Plus I'm sure Lou takes council from Trotz and does Trotz think Thompson & Co are doing a great job?
I’m sure Trotz is too busy with his own job to offer up an opinion about the job Brent Thompson is doing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m sure Trotz is too busy with his own job to offer up an opinion about the job Brent Thompson is doing.

Ehh, he can get a sense based off of the call ups that he's plugged into the lineup. Do they know the system? Are they responsible and accountable? That's probably the extent of it though.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Ehh, he can get a sense based off of the call ups that he's plugged into the lineup. Do they know the system? Are they responsible and accountable? That's probably the extent of it though.
So far it seems the only player Trotz deemed as not checking those boxes was Josh Ho-Sang.

But no one around here will hold that one against Thompson :sarcasm:

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
So far it seems the only player Trotz deemed as not checking those boxes was Josh Ho-Sang.

But no one around here will hold that one against Thompson :sarcasm:
I appreciate the sarcasm regarding JHS but there's always a little truth in jokes like that.

If Thompson's coaching and development records were spotless, no one would ever think he had anything to do with the JHS debacle. I couldn't argue with you if you still put 100% of the blame on JHS. Still, I believe that an exceptional coach and motivator could've salvaged his development. I'll give 10% of the blame to Thompson and the rest is on the player.

Now, fire away at me.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I appreciate the sarcasm regarding JHS but there's always a little truth in jokes like that.

If Thompson's coaching and development records were spotless, no one would ever think he had anything to do with the JHS debacle. I couldn't argue with you if you still put 100% of the blame on JHS. Still, I believe that an exceptional coach and motivator could've salvaged his development. I'll give 10% of the blame to Thompson and the rest is on the player.

Now, fire away at me.
Not going to fire away at you. Just want to point out that people around here love to pick their spots when it suits their agenda.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We seem to be playing Trotz's system...

Not working out very well...we look awful..

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
3-0 for Providence.

We suck, but Aho looks good! He plays the powerplay like Brassard, but the defenseman version of him

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Seth Helgesen and Trent Frederick fight

Helgesen gets sent off.

trent did a knee on knee and seth didn't like it. pretty even fight.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Bruins scored a short handed goal to make it 4-0

it was a pretty sweet goal..

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Something needs to be done about Bridgeport. This is unacceptable. Not only dead last in the East but losing in embarrassing fashion.

That performance was just awful, Ladd and Hickey who you'd think would take command proved why they are both in BPT. They ought to stay there too, It would be great if they replace Thompson, there is too much young talent (Wahlstrom, Holmstrom, Bellows, Wilde) to allow the team to emanate a loser stink.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That performance was just awful, Ladd and Hickey who you'd think would take command proved why they are both in BPT. They ought to stay there too, It would be great if they replace Thompson, there is too much young talent (Wahlstrom, Holmstrom, Bellows, Wilde) to allow the team to emanate a loser stink.

It’s disgusting. We have more young high end talent in Bridgeport than we have ever had. So if there was ever a time to have the right coach and staff for development now would be it. I really wish they didn’t keep Thompson from the last administration. I can’t see how Lou is accepting this.

Someone speculated that Lou didn’t want to embarrass his Son Chris who runs the Soundtigers. I don’t know if that’s the case but you would think he would be livid with what he’s seeing.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Something needs to be done about Bridgeport. This is unacceptable. Not only dead last in the East but losing in embarrassing fashion.

No way tolerates this, even in "development league". Hes busy at work finding the replacement (think some have said they brought in someone with experience this summer). When the details have been finalized, the hammer will drop, swift and unmercifully. No way Lou takes the whome year of this.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
No way tolerates this, even in "development league". Hes busy at work finding the replacement (think some have said they brought in someone with experience this summer). When the details have been finalized, the hammer will drop, swift and unmercifully. No way Lou takes the whome year of this.

I can’t see how he lets this go on much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad