Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Matt Lorito back in lineup today so tigers are getting healthy. Wotherspoon plus four after having minus five game earlier this week which shows sometimes how meaningless that stat is sometimes. Koivula and bourque with chemistry bourque is such a good ahl player. JHS also played wasn’t all that noticeable in a good or bad way today. I wonder if Lou perhaps looks at a goalie for this team Gibson again wasn’t good today and that is issue holding this team back from being one of the better ahl teams which they should be.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
He is very much a player like Filpulla he isn’t a good skater and needs to improve in that department but in organization that lacks center prospects he really has separated himself from other prospects from that standpoint.
I really like his size and hands. Definitely exceeded my expectations considering he was a healthy scratch earlier in the season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Matt Lorito back in lineup today so tigers are getting healthy. Wotherspoon plus four after having minus five game earlier this week which shows sometimes how meaningless that stat is sometimes. Koivula and bourque with chemistry bourque is such a good ahl player. JHS also played wasn’t all that noticeable in a good or bad way today. I wonder if Lou perhaps looks at a goalie for this team Gibson again wasn’t good today and that is issue holding this team back from being one of the better ahl teams which they should be.

Good point. Not only is goaltending holding back the Sound Tigers like you say, but if god forbid one of Lehner/Greiss missed significant time, I would not be confident in either Gibson/Smith backing up and seeing time at the NHL level.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Could be why they’ve been scouting a lot of AHL games.

There’s gotta be a NHL journeyman toiling away in the minors on an expiring deal.
Garth is busy trying to convince T.J. Brennan to covert to a goaltender

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Good point. Not only is goaltending holding back the Sound Tigers like you say, but if god forbid one of Lehner/Greiss missed significant time, I would not be confident in either Gibson/Smith backing up and seeing time at the NHL level.

It wasn't too long ago that Gibson, McAdam and Williams were all thought to be legit NHL prospects. Now only Gibson is still with Isles and not much of a prospect. Goalies are the biggest crap shoot.

Reactions: PROMputt

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
It wasn't too long ago that Gibson, McAdam and Williams were all thought to be legit NHL prospects. Now only Gibson is still with Isles and not much of a prospect. Goalies are the biggest crap shoot.

And Eamon McAdam is projecting to be the next Domink Hasek for Toronto.
Damn. Another awful trade for the Islanders!
Matt Martin for a stud like McAdam. Wow.
Just kidding.
Truthfully none of Williams, McAdam or Gibson were ever considered to be great assets.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
And Eamon McAdam is projecting to be the next Domink Hasek for Toronto.
Damn. Another awful trade for the Islanders!
Matt Martin for a stud like McAdam. Wow.
Just kidding.
Truthfully none of Williams, McAdam or Gibson were ever considered to be great assets.
Losing Soderstrom really hurt because I was told by some people around tigers isles really like him and hoped he could be a top goalie in ahl this year. When he went down they had to scramble and went with smith who Korn had in ahl but neither he or Gibson have played well consistently. I’m surprised Gilliam hasn’t gotten a shot he has made echl all star team two years in a row but hasn’t gotten chance other than to backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad