Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
MDC needs to be sent down when Ladd is healthy.

Not even trotz can fix ladd. Do you really want this liability floater back on the ice? Look at him just staring at the sharks forward, doing nothing.

If MDC ever made a dog crap play like they he would be benched the rest of the game and sent down right after the game. And rightfully so.

Ladd is washed up.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Not even trotz can fix ladd. Do you really want this liability floater back on the ice? Look at him just staring at the sharks forward, doing nothing.

If MDC ever made a dog crap play like they he would be benched the rest of the game and sent down right after the game. And rightfully so.

Ladd is washed up.

He can also do this....something we haven't seen MDC do yet.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Yes we have, you must have missed it. MDC scored against the devils.
Yes, I saw it. It was a very nice tip - was very happy for him. I haven't seen a snipe from him yet though in the NHL.

Stop making it out like people don't want MDC to succeed. We all do. Best thing in the world would be for him to turn into a scorer in the NHL. Hasn't happened yet. Despite you repeating yourself about Andrew Ladd being a bum, that's simply not the case. He's an overpaid, injury prone, NHL vet who - if healthy - can help this team this year. If he comes back and does nothing for an extended period of time, I'm sure the coaching staff will look to move on from him. But when he is healthy, he will probably play and hopefully play at the level he showed at the beginning of the season where he was somewhat productive. And as much as it may pain you, MDC will likely be getting sent down (or at least be sitting).

Everyone on this site roots for the crest on the front of the jersey. At this point, I'll trust this coaching staff to figure out the best root for success, both short term and long. If they think MDC should play over Ladd when he's healthy, I'll trust them on that front. I don't think that's the case but who knows?

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Ladd is washed up.

If Ladd makes his way back into the line-up, and Dal Colle finds himself remaining in BPort because of it, then NO LESS than Ladd's contract is the reason for this. And that won't change.

And if, in light of Lee, Beauvillier, and Martin on the left, Dal Colle cannot get to continue plying his trade at the NHL level, there should be no surprise.

Contracts dictate.

If we were sending Dal Colle down with something like 7-10 points in his time here, that MIGHT have made things a different story, but for now, the team will not be paying Ladd to be a healthy scratch in order for Dal Colle to be playing instead.

All this said, I already fear Ladd's very porous defensive play and his handful of turnovers every game.

Reactions: crasherino and MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If Ladd makes his way back into the line-up, and Dal Colle finds himself remaining in BPort because of it, then NO LESS than Ladd's contract is the reason for this. And that won't change.

And if, in light of Lee, Beauvillier, and Martin on the left, Dal Colle cannot get to continue plying his trade at the NHL level, there should be no surprise.

Contracts dictate.

If we were sending Dal Colle down with something like 7-10 points in his time here, that MIGHT have made things a different story, but for now, the team will not be paying Ladd to be a healthy scratch in order for Dal Colle to be playing instead.

All this said, I already fear Ladd's very porous defensive play and his handful of turnovers every game.

Contracts dictate for sure but its also not a good move for the locker room to have long time veterans be healthy scratches. Sure..... if the situation truly calls for it, you ultimately need to put the best team out there. But I wonder what will happen when Hickey is back and ready to play. He doesn't deserve to be in the top 6 at this point (certainly not ahead of Toews), but its not good for the locker room to have a guy like Hickey (who - by all accounts is loved by the players) to be a healthy scratch. It may very well happen, but at some point, something's gotta give there. And there's very little chance that we'll see regular healthy scratches of both Hickey and Ladd. Its unfortunate that they are on this team with the contracts they have but the reality is that they're here. I can't imagine them both being in the press box unless guys like Toews, Pelech, MDC, JHS, etc. literally make it impossible to take them out. Toews is working towards that level....the others? Not quite yet.

Most likely, Ladd will eventually get a spot on LW (whether its the current 3rd line or something is juggled) and Hickey rotates with Pelech at the #6 spot and if Hickey is playing well, Pelech is the odd man out.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011

Ladd is washed up.

Your a MDC fanboy. MDC has dont nothing yet to prove he is better than Ladd. Especially the way Ladd started this season.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I would send down Beauvillier to regain some scoring touch and try MDC on one of the top likes, to see if he can score there. Bring Beau back once he's got some confidence back

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I would send down Beauvillier to regain some scoring touch and try MDC on one of the top likes, to see if he can score there. Bring Beau back once he's got some confidence back

So you want Beauvillier to be claimed on waivers? He's not able to be sent down without going through them anymore.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
In Newsday today, Trotts says neither Hickey or Ladd will be ready after break.

I don't know, but at this point I don't think either player will be a factor for the rest of the season.

Ladd's body is just broken down and I am very concerned for Hickey since it seems quite obvious that he is suffering from a concussion. It was reported that he had a setback and that's not a good sign with head injuries. I hope he can get healthy, but I am getting a Clint Frazier lost season type of vibe. I've never been his biggest fan and have wanted him gone, but I don't like seeing this at all.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Ladd will be ready for the stretch run. I can see the scenario of LL and Trotz in Ladd’s ear on a regular basis: “will you be ready to show us the real Ladd we all knew a long time ago, because if not, we have kids who belong here”.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Ladd is smarter, tougher, and has out produced MDC and JHS combined. Of course he will be in the lineup when healthy.
The real question is Hickey.
There is no way Toews gets sent down, so it's Pelech or the Mouse...

Reactions: Thrasymachus

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I don't know, but at this point I don't think either player will be a factor for the rest of the season.

Ladd's body is just broken down and I am very concerned for Hickey since it seems quite obvious that he is suffering from a concussion. It was reported that he had a setback and that's not a good sign with head injuries. I hope he can get healthy, but I am getting a Clint Frazier lost season type of vibe. I've never been his biggest fan and have wanted him gone, but I don't like seeing this at all.
Being that Ladd's been skating for a while, he's probably back within a month. Whether he can perform to an acceptable remains to be seen, but being that his injury wasn't of his typical chronic back variety, I'm somewhat hopeful that he can come back fully.

We'll see though. He's got a lot to prove. He's fortunate that there is a quasi-open spot for him in the lineup. If JHS or MDC took the bull by the horns and actually stepped up and played lights out, he'd be kinda screwed. And a healthy scratch is nowhere to be when you're a stanley cup winning vet making $5.5m a year on a long term deal. Kind of humiliating.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

Contracts dictate.

Holy overreaction

Lol as if MDC is some defensive dynamo

Ladd will play because he is a vet and a good two way player, Trotz will make sure of it. At this point Micheal looks like he is better off in the AHL

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He’s not waiver exempt anymore. You risk someone claiming him.

Drop Beau back to L3 with Uncle Leo and Flip. Everyone seems to find their scoring touch with them. Beau already had some success with them this year.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Holy overreaction

Lol as if MDC is some defensive dynamo

Ladd will play because he is a vet and a good two way player, Trotz will make sure of it. At this point Micheal looks like he is better off in the AHL

Well, using the word "overreaction" is a bit of an overreaction.

I was responding to a post where the poster was apalled that the Isles would possibly keep Dal Colle on the farm so as to allow Ladd to play.

But I have to disagree with you on the bold part.

If he's back soon, you'll see for yourself. Ladd is actually a defensive liability. He is NOT a good two-way player and his poor decision making with and without the puck will stick out if you watch closely.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Can’t rely on Ladd for any stretch run. By take is he will be back on IR shortly after any return. My guess is LL will get some more depth in the bottom 6 and D.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Staple did a nice story on MDC today. MDC has put on a lot of weight through training since joining the Isles which if I read correctly actually hurt his skating. This past off season he changed his workout routine to get more explosive instead of getting more muscular. It seems to have helped but I think MDC needs more time in Bridge and another off season working on his skating.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
It’s a numbers game. If there is a spot on D he will get called up. If Hickey is back I don’t think they call him up.
I doubt Toews stays in ahl he just showed he can handle 18-20 mins a game in nhl. I’d imagine they would waive sbisa at the least or try and move Hickey or Pelech as the most drastic move. Trotz said Hickey won’t be ready when they return from break so Toews will be back for Friday. I guess also they could have eight defense and waive Johnston or kuhnackel but kuhnackel probably would be claimed.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I doubt Toews stays in ahl he just showed he can handle 18-20 mins a game in nhl. I’d imagine they would waive sbisa at the least or try and move Hickey or Pelech as the most drastic move. Trotz said Hickey won’t be ready when they return from break so Toews will be back for Friday. I guess also they could have eight defense and waive Johnston or kuhnackel but kuhnackel probably would be claimed.
I think waive Sbisa to send him down is the right move. If he gets claimed, he gets claimed.

Reactions: Strome18 and dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think waive Sbisa to send him down is the right move. If he gets claimed, he gets claimed.

Agreed, and Seidenberg is still practicing with the team. I'd prefer Sbisa, but if we're that desperate we're pretty much screwed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad