Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
2 man advantage for BST coming up for 1:15. Too many men penalty followed 45 seconds later by an Eric Gryba boarding minor. 8:22 left in the 3rd

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Dal Colle in close gets the rebound of a slapper from the point by Chris Bourque. 3rd assist for JHS today. 7-2 BST

Reactions: Thrasymachus

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I wouldn’t get too shook up about that.
if he continues to have the worst +/- on the team, it will be his worry, not mine.

edit: he seems to have improved defensively from the start of the year, which is always good to hear, but he should be dominating at this level.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
if he continues to have the worst +/- on the team, it will be his worry, not mine.
He caught that from being on the ice when Vande Sompel got stripped of the puck in the D zone, on the other wing.

JHS’s +/- was not a detriment to his game today.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I can’t wait to see the penalty summary for this game. Woof.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
They did. And Binghamton is that bad.
Ah good. All good, build the confidence scoring wise and hopefully they bear down defensively. I believe the early reports were that the chances were high but the goals weren't going. Sounds like it's turning the corner now.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Koivula errant pass gets picked off in the D zone results in a breakout the other way. Gignac rebound of a Zacha shot. 7-3 BST final.

Yes, JHS was on the ice for that one too. Had nothing to do with the play.

I’m outta here

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Koivula errant pass gets picked off in the D zone results in a breakout the other way. Gignac rebound of a Zacha shot. 7-3 BST final.

Yes, JHS was on the ice for that one too. Had nothing to do with the play.

I’m outta here
Thank you for the reports!

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Wow thins suddenly changing in BPT for the much much better.

Great to see these results. Even better to see it's NHL prospects that are carrying the play.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
If Beau lays an egg against Florida and Tampa It's time for MDC or Ho Sang. They are ready.

So after crucifying MDC for 2 seasons calling him a bust, suddenly after a very impressive 11 game stretch we're ready to anoint him as ready?

That's not how it's going to work.

Beau is going to be given a lot of time to figure it out.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
So after crucifying MDC for 2 seasons calling him a bust, suddenly after a very impressive 11 game stretch we're ready to anoint him as ready?

When you look like a completely different player than the previous 2 years and you have a complete dead end on one of the wings at the NHL level it's time to try something different.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Don't look now...

Ho-Sang: 1-14-15 in 13 games
Dal Colle: 7-7-14 in 11 games
ToewS: 3-9-12 in 13 games

When JHS got himself back in the news a couple weeks ago a lot of Isles fans finally got to the point of put up or shut up with him. Glad to see he's starting to put his money where his mouth is.

And Dal Colle? It's a developmental league but it is refreshing to see. 100% of the rest of the league wrote him off and at least 75% of Isles fans. His newfound AHL success may still never trasnlsate to the pros, but some players just take more time to put it all together. Excited to see how he and the rest of the kids progress as the seaosn goes on. Would love to see all these guys on the big club at some point this season.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
When you look like a completely different player than the previous 2 years and you have a complete dead end on one of the wings at the NHL level it's time to try something different.

I think that's afair assesment of Beau so far, but I think he's earned a little more time for sure with Barzal and eberle after how effective he was later last year after, yes, a slow start.

If another 2 weeks go by and he hasn't started producing more, might be time to sit him down for a few and give MDC a shot. But there is really no advantage to rushign MDC at this point. Let him put in a little more time to prove it's real. Will beenfit both him and Beauvillier, who is still one of the younger players in the entire league.

Reactions: dood and Macch

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The question about MDC has always been his skating. I’ve seen him in person in the AHL a handful of times last year and today again. His skating looks fine down there. Is that because his talent ceiling is AHL or did his skating improve enougb for NHL level? I’d call him up and find a 10 game audition for him. It’s his walk year and we should take one last look at him.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
The question about MDC has always been his skating. I’ve seen him in person in the AHL a handful of times last year and today again. His skating looks fine down there. Is that because his talent ceiling is AHL or did his skating improve enougb for NHL level? I’d call him up and find a 10 game audition for him. It’s his walk year and we should take one last look at him.

I agree, i think MDC will get a look eventually but now is not that time.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Don't look now...

Ho-Sang: 1-14-15 in 13 games
Dal Colle: 7-7-14 in 11 games
ToewS: 3-9-12 in 13 games

When JHS got himself back in the news a couple weeks ago a lot of Isles fans finally got to the point of put up or shut up with him. Glad to see he's starting to put his money where his mouth is.

And Dal Colle? It's a developmental league but it is refreshing to see. 100% of the rest of the league wrote him off and at least 75% of Isles fans. His newfound AHL success may still never trasnlsate to the pros, but some players just take more time to put it all together. Excited to see how he and the rest of the kids progress as the seaosn goes on. Would love to see all these guys on the big club at some point this season.
JHS is so similar to Barzal, in that his goals to assists ratio is so low. They both need to shoot more. Also, JHS should be a center, passing obviously is his forte. Great to see Dal Colle finally seem to be getting it, Bellows starting to heat up and Koivula with 2-1-3 last two games, his first professional points. Toews days in the AHL may be numbered, he's so good offensively from the back end.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It is not his walk year - ELC runs out, but he is an RFA isles can very easily qualify him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad