Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2023-24: Youngblood

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
When did the isles send Bolduc down? I see he scored today. Thought he had to pass through waivers.
5-3 win
Ruslan with 2 goals, maggio with 2 helpers, Bolduc, Thompson and Fasching with an empty netter for the other goals.

Reactions: doublechili

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
When did the isles send Bolduc down? I see he scored today. Thought he had to pass through waivers.
5-3 win
Ruslan with 2 goals, maggio with 2 helpers, Bolduc, Thompson and Fasching with an empty netter for the other goals.

Finally some goals. They've had 2 or less for a string of games now.

Reactions: Potvottier

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Maggio tied with Dufour for second on the team in goals.
Maggio's history is kind of funny. He had a typically unproductive 1st year in the OHL playing 35 games. Then his 2nd year COVID hit halfway through and he only had 45 games. The next year he played 19 games in Sweden with the OHL washed out. And then it was his draft year where he had 85 points in 66 games. People tend to talk him down due to his pedigree, but under the circumstances it's perfectly understandable. And he's probably still playing catch up to some extent since he missed out on a lot of games.

Reactions: Potvottier

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Maggio's history is kind of funny. He had a typically unproductive 1st year in the OHL playing 35 games. Then his 2nd year COVID hit halfway through and he only had 45 games. The next year he played 19 games in Sweden with the OHL washed out. And then it was his draft year where he had 85 points in 66 games. People tend to talk him down due to his pedigree, but under the circumstances it's perfectly understandable. And he's probably still playing catch up to some extent since he missed out on a lot of games.
Holmstrom had the same pattern

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
Holmstrom had the same pattern
I think both are good enough to have decent careers as middle-sixers.

Liking MacLean too, from what I've seen. Speedy, puckhound, decent hands, gritty, decent hockey sense.

I guess I may think a bit higher of our prospect base than most here. Yeah having traded a bunch of first round picks hurts, but there are other ways of keeping the supply chain moving.

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I think both are good enough to have decent careers as middle-sixers.

Liking MacLean too, from what I've seen. Speedy, puckhound, decent hands, gritty, decent hockey sense.

I guess I may think a bit higher of our prospect base than most here. Yeah having treated a bunch of first round picks hurts, but there are other ways of keeping the supply chain moving.
Kyle MacLean is what the modern bottom sixer should be, and he's been awesome as well. Chipping in when needed also. I think he's definitely stolen himself a roster spot.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Do we try to get Tiikanen an actual NHL contract soon?

I'd say they're very likely going to sign Tikkanen to a two-way contract this offseason.

For those not in the know at the moment, he's allowed 1 or fewer goals in 6 of his last 9 outings, with a shutout included. In the other 3 games he allowed 3, 2, and 2 goals against.

Anything else would be a real surprise at this point, especially in light of how they brought him over and have been somewhat slow-cooking him.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'd say they're very likely going to sign Tikkanen to a two-way contract this offseason.

For those not in the know at the moment, he's allowed 1 or fewer goals in 6 of his last 9 outings, with a shutout included. In the other 3 games he allowed 3, 2, and 2 goals against.

Anything else would be a real surprise at this point, especially in light of how they brought him over and have been somewhat slow-cooking him.
And he's also grown much better than Skarek. Funny.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
And he's also grown much better than Skarek. Funny.

I'm very happy to see a goaltender in the organization actually make some positive headway. Feels like a while since Sorokin came over, but he was established.

Admittedly, I saw Tikkanen go 13-4 for Modo in the HockeyAllsvenskan a couple of years ago, so I was thinking there were some possibilities here. He's really been fantastic of late.

It would be HUGE if our next back-up came from within on a low-level contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad