Brian Savage happy to join HF Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

savey49

Nov 5, 2012
Thanks for the tip!! Any more pass them on.

Off to coach kids hockey now!! See you guys later!!

Mr Savage did you miss the Montreal media? Cause this thread is going to be a never ending interview! :laugh:

Welcome on the forum. Just stay clear of the Lounge on page 2 of the forum. :sarcasm:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Playing in Montreal was a childhood dream. guy Lafleur was my idol growing up and to have the chance to become friends with him and wear the same jersey was an honour. We got recognized a lot in Montreal because we were front page news everyday. As long as you know teethe media and don't shy away from him in bad times, it will work for you in Montreal. I understood that and faced them when it was going good and faced them when it was not going so good. I learn from some of the classiest players like Turgeon, Muller and Recchi.

Thoses 2 don't belong in the same sentence.

:naughty:

PunkinDrublic*

Pretty sure Jonathan Toews is on HF also just to tease us!!!

I can garantee you Matty Dandenault is here also ;)

Hey Brian, welcome, and if ever you want to come up this way with your team, we would be able to set something up. I am president of a minor hockey association.

Last edited by a moderator:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Awesome, welcome Brian, really enjoyed watching you play for us.

Please keep in mind these boards can have nutty things posted on them, please ignore and hang in, having you on will be exciting and insightful, dont go away.

Couple of questions of course. First, if Saku had ever had a power forward in his prime on your line with him, how significant do you think that would have been point wise all around, and do you think he wouldnt have been injured as often ? If yes, why didnt we get one ?

Next, the Habs have shipped out lots of guys, young guys more often than not over the years and it seemed to be after the player exhibited frustration in how he was being played ( players want to play, and Im guessing scoring guys want top 6 minutes, not 4th line minutes ) or he did something that the team found embarrassing to the CH, like Carby giving the finger to the press and of course Roy having the meltdown in the Detroit game. I understand Roy apologized but it didnt matter. Seems that the Habs, more than other teams have an intolerance for that kind of behaviour and has led them to throwing guys away when maybe a talk and apology would have done and been better for the team. Or for kids getting frustrated maybe some talking to and patience. Your thoughts ?

Last, what do you think of the team, and the Gally selection ?

Last edited:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
If it wasn't said enough times already - which I'm sure it has - welcome to the boards, Brian! Really cool of you to join up and spend some of your free time chatting with us fans and answering questions. I've always respected the class act you were when you were playing and I'm glad to see things have not changed one bit.

Have you gotten the chance to watch some of the prospects in the Habs system, namely Galchenyuk or the Bulldogs season?

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Can hardly wait for the Savage river card in a discussion where some weenie plays the "have you even played hockey?" flop followed by the "I played highly competitive hockey at the age of 11" turn card.

This could be good.

JesusBouillon

Jan 29, 2009
Hey Brian, much respect for your effort to learn french while you were playing here.

Welcome.

En passant, comment est ton francais?

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Hello M. Savage.

Welcome to the boards.

As someone else already said, don't be discouraged reading the years of posting users have left - some of them talking about you I'm sure. Hardcore fans can get feisty and callous sometimes especially when shielded by anonymity, and there's a lot of hardcore fans around here. We don't really mean it.

If I were a professional hockey player I'm not sure I would like to read what fans have to say about me. For what I understand I believe you're the first NHL player to publicly come here and post in this forum. You are certainly the first habs to do so. I hope you enjoy the stay, however long it turns out: we certainly appreciate the visit. Actually, you probably made the day of a few thousands hopeless hockey-deprived fans. So thank you.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Glad to have you here Brian! Your point of view as a former NHLer will definitely add a new perspective to these forums. Have you kept in touch with any teammates beside Saku Koivu? Do you have any inside sources to know if the lockout will end before Christmas? :) Anyway it's good to see a former player join HF to discuss with the fans! By the way you were a beast in the early 00s NHL games :laugh:

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
This is pretty fun though, being a teenager when he was on the team he's clearly ingrained in some permanent memories, was one of my favourites. I always wanted him to play with Saku but for a while that Damphousse, Rucinsky, Savage looked pretty good too.

KingKovy

Sep 4, 2007
Glad to have you here Brian! Your point of view as a former NHLer will definitely add a new perspective to these forums. Have you kept in touch with any teammates beside Saku Koivu? Do you have any inside sources to know if the lockout will end before Christmas? :) Anyway it's good to see a former player join HF to discuss with the fans! By the way you were a beast in the early 00s NHL games :laugh:

I won a few scoring championchips with Savey on my way to the cup:)

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Wow :amazed:. This is surreal. It's awesome that you decided to join and share your input. Welcome to the board!

A couple questions for you. Obviously toughness is a big debate with the Habs, so how much do you value it? Is intimidation on the ice really that big of a factor? In terms of the Habs currently, is there enough grit on the roster? What's the feeling when someone drops the mitts, does it make you want to go all out next shift?

Last edited:

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Welcome to the boards Mr. Savage, was always a big fan and I look forward to reading your opinions on today's game. You gave my brother a puck at a game in Buffalo years ago and we never forgot it, class act all the way!

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
First off, to all the HFBoarders, how come none of you asked me pages of questions when I first signed on? Damn you all.

Second, to Brian... welcome. And I know you're getting inundated with questions, so allow me to just play fanboy for a moment and say thank you for scoring the game winning goal in my first and only trip to the Forum against Florida.

You were a class act and a treat to watch. You honoured the jersey well my friend.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Wow, this is surprising, I never imagined seeing such a great former Hab openly post on a forum like this.

Thank you Mr. Savage for this opportunity, it's great to hear your opinion. And of course thank you for all the good memories you gave us as a Hab.

I guess the lockout has its positives after all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad