Brian Savage happy to join HF Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Do you have some inside infos from the players or owners that makes you feel like we're gonna have a season this year?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Wow, an actual hockey player on the boards, weird.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on things.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
You played under Mike Therrien for a short time. How was he as a head coach (albeit a very young one at the time)?

savey49

Nov 5, 2012
haven't talked to owners but lots of players. All I say is that after this past weekend talks, the players hope to have deal done soon. They want to play. Lots of guys skating down here in Scottsdale.

Do you have some inside infos from the players or owners that makes you feel like we're gonna have a season this year?

pine*

Hello and welcome, Mr. Savage.

Quick question. Poutine or smoked meat?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
haven't talked to owners but lots of players. All I say is that after this past weekend talks, the players hope to have deal done soon. They want to play. Lots of guys skating down here in Scottsdale.

Can you provide us some name?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Seeing as how you're actually living in phoenix, what's your opinion on having an NHL team over there? Do you think it's a viable market? If so, what could be done to improve the situation?

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
Welcome to the boards,
I can see you have lots of questions to answer haha.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
Hey Brian, welcome to the boards! Is being a pro athlete as glamorous as it seems to us regular folk? Is it as fun as it seems, or does the fact that it's your career change that? Also, when you were in Montreal, how many times were you recognized a day? Could you go anywhere without being recognized?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Just saw this news posted elsewhere. Very cool to have you on the boards! Canadiens fans are very lucky.

savey49

Nov 5, 2012
Tough market because of all the other sports we have to offer. I still hockey ranks around 15th on popularity. Also the arena was built on wrong side of the valley. Tough to get to games during week when it is an hour away. With that being said, teams that win in PHX will get the fan base. Last year was huge for the Coyotes. Making it to the semi finals was huge for the organization. we hope they stay as it is great for youth hockey also. Having lots of the players with kids in our program and helping out on the ice.

Seeing as how you're actually living in phoenix, what's your opinion on having an NHL team over there? Do you think it's a viable market? If so, what could be done to improve the situation?

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Mr Savage did you miss the Montreal media? Cause this thread is going to be a never ending interview! :laugh:

Welcome on the forum. Just stay clear of the Lounge on page 2 of the forum. :sarcasm:

savey49

Nov 5, 2012
Playing in Montreal was a childhood dream. guy Lafleur was my idol growing up and to have the chance to become friends with him and wear the same jersey was an honour. We got recognized a lot in Montreal because we were front page news everyday. As long as you know teethe media and don't shy away from him in bad times, it will work for you in Montreal. I understood that and faced them when it was going good and faced them when it was not going so good. I learn from some of the classiest players like Turgeon, Muller and Recchi.

Hey Brian, welcome to the boards! Is being a pro athlete as glamorous as it seems to us regular folk? Is it as fun as it seems, or does the fact that it's your career change that? Also, when you were in Montreal, how many times were you recognized a day? Could you go anywhere without being recognized?

savey49

Nov 5, 2012
Having my stall beside Patrick Roy in old forum, scoring first goal in Boston, having first hat trick in Molson Centre and 6 point game in Long Island. Many great memories and friendships from Montreal.
This is surreal. Welcome aboard Brian!

Favorite NHL memory?

savey49

Nov 5, 2012
Micheal and I got along great. He was young in his coaching career in MTL. He has done a great job since leaving. I look forward to seeing him turn it around this year.

Cool to have to have on you on our boards Brian!!
Welcome to the madhouse lol

And if you could give us some insight on Therrien :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad