Brian Gionta (negotiations w/Habs are underway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If he loves this city and team so much he'd take a discount, we made the ECF while he got one ****ing goal.. he was well paid his last contract and has been declining hard, I liked the guy and admired his heart but he can GTFO.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This is the greatest off season I can remember, we are getting rid of Gionta and Gorges! Time to get some leaders that can get **** done on the ice instead of talking nonsense in the dressing room.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Gionta's lost a step and his arms are completely finished. Yet he keeps shooting blanks from far off with men open in better position... His only value is as a sentimental symbol. Don't know what that's worth.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm fine with moving Gorges.. but if we move that cap space to continue to employ Gionta? THAT's a bad move by our GM.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Still some discussions and both parties still want to have a deal...

https://twitter.com/JFChaumontJDM/status/483695370929983488

Thinking now that it will probably happen as chances are we are short of vets....But I don't get this. Let Gionta talk to people....and then at the end, just before you sign, come back to Habs and we'll see what we can do.

feel same way...

2 years, 3.5M$ per is as far as we should go... but with Parenteau signed for next 2 years, bringing Gionta back should be contingent on finding a large framed player to fill the other top-9 LW slot...

LW
Patches
Bourque
???

RW
Gally
Parenteau
Gionta

really need that other top-9 winger to be a physical presence or else were right back into the smurf era.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Yeaaaaah if we sign him it better be at around 3M$ and nothing more.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
feel same way...

2 years, 3.5M$ per is as far as we should go... but with Parenteau signed for next 2 years, bringing Gionta back should be contingent on finding a large framed player to fill the other top-9 LW slot...

LW
Patches
Bourque
???

RW
Gally
Parenteau
Gionta

really need that other top-9 winger to be a physical presence or else were right back into the smurf era.

Where is Chucky?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 1m
As I reported, the Habs can't really match what other teams are offering for Gionta's services. Not in terms of role, or years or $$.

Seems unlikely that he'll re-sign. I'm curious to see who signs them and what they're offering though

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As I reported, the Habs can't really match what other teams are offering for Gionta's services. Not in terms of role, or years or $$.

Seems unlikely that he'll re-sign. I'm curious to see who signs them and what they're offering though

There's some dumb ****ing teams out there, in this case.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And another "son de cloche...."

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/483704924468183040
https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/483704812408954880
https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/483704639549087744

Mutual admiration between Gionta and Habs is there. But in the end, it's entirely likely now that he's going UFA tomorrow

They would love for Gionta to sign on their terms, but it's pretty hard for Gionta to leave better offers on the table

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
He would be a great fit in Buffalo and any other team trying to reach the floor. They can afford to pay AND give him 2-3 years as part of their rebuild. Highly doubt they're worried he'll ruin their tank for next year and might help their kids come along.

Also very curious what other teams are offering him. I actually like Gionta, but it's time to move on. Just hope the intangibles of his defensive play get picked up by someone. Bournival perhaps.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Well they're factoring in that by signing Gionta they can attract Gomez.

firewagon77*

Gionta is one of the worst captains in franchise history....PERIOD...why are you negotiating to bring him back unless it is to be the new stick boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad