Brian Gionta (negotiations w/Habs are underway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm happy his days as a Habs player look over. I think it's a wise decision. We have some patching job to do on the right front tomorrow. Might end up being an exciting day.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Gio deserves an appreciation thread. He was what we paid him to be, but there's no longer a fit here going forward.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's not officially gone.

@EricEngels: Gionta would have to take a considerable discount to remain in Montreal. It's highly unlikely at this point, despite mutual appreciation

Sounds pretty gone.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
@EricEngels: Gionta would have to take a considerable discount to remain in Montreal. It's highly unlikely at this point, despite mutual appreciation

dave-chappelle-dance-1.gif

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yep, such short short memories on this board. The GTFO crowd are just embarassing themselves, wait till they see their 20+ goal captain get swapped for an 8 goal $3M Kulemin.

Last time Gionta was 20+ scorer Kulemin scored 30. How much do you actually think Gionta is looking for?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Does anyone think Gionta is anything other than a consummate professional mercenary?

He's as much a Hab as he will be a Panther or Hurricane or whatever next season.

I'm glad it looks like we're cutting loose from the guy.

How exactly? He spent most of his career with New Jersey, signed a long term deal with Montreal and only now wants to explore other options in lieu of taking a low offer from us? I do not get why people take such offense when a player isn't willing to take a discount just to stick around. Whether you want Gionta or not, he has been nothing but class his entire time here and if it wasn't for his play slipping, I'd happily keep him aboard.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Last time Gionta was 20+ scorer Kulemin scored 30. How much do you actually think Gionta is looking for?

C'mon seriously, Gionta's worst season in the past 3 was 18 goals, Kulemin's best was 9. On the numbers and beyond Gionta is far superior.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
So close to no more Gionta.

GREAT news.

For sure.

I don't have the same size fetish most around here have but we do have to get bigger up front. Not at the cost of skill though. But Gionta is one of those guys whose skill level simply isn't high enough for us to want to keep yet another midget around. He's declined HARD. I have to think that our GM is creative enough to find someone who is a better fit.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Yep, such short short memories on this board. The GTFO crowd are just embarassing themselves, wait till they see their 20+ goal captain get swapped for an 8 goal $3M Kulemin.

WOW WOW WOW.

MB is smart and won't give that type of money to Kulemin.

durojean

May 29, 2007
I'm kind of worried we let guys go but do not replace them. At this rate we'll be way worse than last year.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
We only have one spot for a player like Gionta, and Brière is now already taking it.

I don't see how we can keep our captain, specially since I expect Sven Andrighetto to be on the roster after Christmas. We tend to forget that the guy is already 20 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad