Brian Burke says 07 Ducks could've beaten any of the Cup winning teams since them

Oct 18, 2011
W
1-0 game until last minute on a 6-4 powerplay in Game 5.

07 Ducks were phenomenal but they don't beat both 08-09 Wings or probably either.
With that logic you can make the argument Anaheim should have won in 2009 the series winning goal was a result of Hiller being pushed by the stick of Dan Cleary

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
W

With that logic you can make the argument Anaheim should have won in 2009 the series winning goal was a result of Hiller being pushed by the stick of Dan Cleary
You could have made a valid point if you didn't add those sour grapes at the end.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
2007 Ducks were an amazing team but part of what made them so good was how mean and intimidating they were.

Crazy that 10-11 seasons ago is such a different era, but it is hard to compare the '07 Ducks to recent winners as the game is called so much differently. Hell, the 2012 Kings would probably lose now to some team with a great power play because they'd take way more penalties.

The '07 Ducks were a flash in the pan as far as "style of play that can win a Cup" goes, which is unfortunate as fan of tough hockey. I'm not belittling their skill, it is just a fact that they relied on a style that would lead to so many more penalties and suspensions than they received back then.

Now, transport any winner since 2007 back to that era and Burke doesn't sound crazy. I do think the 2008 Wings would beat them, however.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Yeah, Pronger & Niedermayer were terrible.

They wouldn't stand a chance against any of those other teams because they were so bad. Just brutal.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hawks fan, I don't think 09-10 team beats them with Niemi. I think the 14-15 team was underrated.

Toews, Kane in their prime, lethal 3rd line, PWFs in Bickell and Saad, elite shutdown 4th line, and best top 4 in the league (Keith was Conn Smythe winner), Crawford was also excellent.

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Sharp-Vermette-Teravainen
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw
Versteeg

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjalmarsson
Timonen-Rozsival

Crawford

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad