Sportsnet: Brian Burke- “It’s time for William Nylander to move”

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Nylander showed a lot more grit this year than he did a year ago. He's not overpaid. It was him jamming the net that started the game four comeback. I think moving Marner would make more sense, if you can unload his whole salary. That gives them enough room for Pietrangelo. Can you imagine Dubas actually landing a piece that suits the Leafs needs? Weird right?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nylander showed a lot more grit this year than he did a year ago. He's not overpaid. It was him jamming the net that started the game four comeback. I think moving Marner would make more sense, if you can unload his whole salary. That gives them enough room for Pietrangelo. Can you imagine Dubas actually landing a piece that suits the Leafs needs? Weird right?

I honestly can’t think of anyone in the league who would be able to absorb that entire salary without sending most of it back, never mind paying big assets for the privilege to do so.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Manson + Rakell for nylander as a base.

Rakell is pretty similar production for half the price, and Manson should be an ideal partner for rielly... I suppose if they wanted the cap space and a power forward something around Manson + comtois Could be worked
If dubas had any desire to win hed make this trade and tell whoever's the ducks GM is (sorry I want to say Murray but dont know if hes still employed) thank you. Nylander for those two pieces fixes a lot of the issues with the leafs. All we would need to do is trade marner after and get Pietrangelo (pipedream most likely hopefully and the rot within the core is gone and we have the defense to beat any team. Oh and get rid of Andersen for the love of God.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs fan here. Would love to add Marner, but that AAV demands players going back the other way. Which makes it a quantity for quality trade TML probably shouldn’t accept. Avs don’t have a contract to trade back. Wish we did but no fit unfortunately. I think Marner stays for several more years.

In hindsight, Toronto should have traded for EJ instead of Barrie. Johnson probably has Toronto on his limited no trade list but he’d have been the better fit.

Reactions: Richard88

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Rakell is pretty similar production for half the price, and Manson should be an ideal partner for rielly... I suppose if they wanted the cap space and a power forward something around Manson + comtois Could be worked

I would do this with 25% retention on Rakell to even the salary in-out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Getz2noone

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

This would be the top of my list for a nylander trade right beside a trade for brodin.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
If Marner was available I’d trade anyone and anything on the Kings for him besides Doughty . Multiple pieces involved young players on ELC’s etc etc ... However i doubt Marner gets traded because he is going to be one of the best players in the NHL for the next decade plus .

However if Nylander is available which he might be now idk but what would it take from a Kings perspective to get it done ?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Again wild aren't trading Brodin for Nylander or any other wingers.

Only way wild trade Brodin is for 1 or 2c. Brodin is really good & will take over for suter in 1 -2 yeard
If I had brodin I would hesitate to trade him as well. Also nylander plays c very well but if he's not the center you want that's fine we will have to shop him elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad