Confirmed with Link: Brian Boyle signs 1 year 940k contract

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Is he gonna dress every night for the Panthers?

Probably not. the 4 C's will be Barkov, Trocheck, Acciari, Malgin. Unless there's injuries, I think his usage will be matchup(opponent) based.

Then again, Malgin can also shift to wing and I'm sure Boyle could as well if need be...so it's hard to say what the plan will be. Knowing Q, he may play more regularly than we think.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I don’t think undue expectations are the issue, more can he keep up

Expectations from fans for him to be the next Phil Kessel or Pavs out of the gate or something. He is NOT 3rd line material except on rare occasion. I've watched this guy for years and fans thinking 3rd line are then going to turn around and say he sucks.

To match his height.
And 1/2 his shoe size:laugh:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Expectations from fans for him to be the next Phil Kessel or Pavs out of the gate or something. He is NOT 3rd line material except on rare occasion. I've watched this guy for years and fans thinking 3rd line are then going to turn around and say he sucks.

And 1/2 his shoe size:laugh:

Jeez. Then he really must have biiiiiiiiiigggggggg socks.

Reactions: PJ817

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
He fits the bill as our 3C.

With our team, our fourth line is basically cemented in place. I almost think they play more than the third. Line titles do not matter, it's finding the right mix for lines. I don't think our fourth line will be touched any time soon..

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
Hmm

This also means Pysyk wont have a spot a winger once Barky is back?

HBD
Hoff Tro Conn
Hunt Acciari Sceviour
Vatrano Boyle Malgin

I like those lines a lot....
I just saw this signing in my notifications and was stoked. This is good for us in terms of a vet presence and Boyle is a hard-nosed player. If I remember he is also pretty good on the PP

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I love the signing but as has been alluded to, there’s only one negative: Pysyk will probably be moved from winger to defense. It’s not that I thought he was such a great winger (although he was pretty okay), it’s that he is such a crappy defenseman.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
For anyone wondering if Boyle was staying in shape up until now...

“This is a great opportunity,” Boyle said. “This checks so many boxes. Ultimately, I’ve been around, I’ve played a lot of games, I’ve played in playoff games. I really just want to win. That’s really all that’s left to do.”
Boyle did his best to simulate training camp conditions on his own, working with a trainer in Massachusetts for the last few weeks so he’d be ready quickly when the phone call finally came. The first impression on the Panthers turned out to be a good one.
“I was a little bit concerned going into it,” Panthers coach Joel Quenneville said, breaking into a smile. “But I was pleased afterward.”

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Probably not. the 4 C's will be Barkov, Trocheck, Acciari, Malgin. Unless there's injuries, I think his usage will be matchup(opponent) based.

Then again, Malgin can also shift to wing and I'm sure Boyle could as well if need be...so it's hard to say what the plan will be. Knowing Q, he may play more regularly than we think.

i think so. listen to Qs presser.

he says, in pretty straightforward terms, that boyle's here because the players are not getting the message.

NOTEBOOK: Boyle Gets Back to Work; Barkov Feeling Better

while i like the move for all the reasons Q mentions, it should be mentioned that he's been brought in to similar roles on similar teams and hasn't gotten them over the hump. we have to be realistic.

if nothing else though, we need some help in the circle - we're getting murdered there crunch time every night it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad