Confirmed with Link: Brian Boyle signs 1 year 940k contract

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Would think this is more Borgstrom needs more time in SPR no?
Malgin will play against softer teams and BB against the bigger grittier teams.

Re-sign Tallon! For the Q hire and all the free agent signings who are playing pretty well so far.

Hard to argue who's been better out of Stralman, Acciari and Connolly so far.

I think Connolly has been the most surprising to me, when I saw we signed him I thought he was another “Tallon guy” who came off a career high season and will end up flopping. But he has filled his position quite nicely, and I think his shot is honestly really underrated.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Eh. He’s never been a fast guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s slow

Yeah, not concerned about this either. Don’t need him for his skating. He’ll bring size, a good faceoff %, give Barkov some rest on the PK and obviously experience/leadership. If he chips in offensively, great, but not why we added him.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Nah.

I haven't seen anything to like about Borgstrom enough to keep him. Not as big on him as others are here.

I mean he has shown flashes. I still have hopes for him but even if you don't I'd never trade him for something like Honka. That guy has shown nothing.

I think we need to be patient with Borg, he's a late bloomer.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I mean he has shown flashes. I still have hopes for him but even if you don't I'd never trade him for something like Honka. That guy has shown nothing.

Agreed. Huge failure though if we don’t hit on at least 2 of Hepo, Borg, Tippett and Denisenko. And I mean top 6 players.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Agree.
This also keeps Borg's next contract sub $2 million. No way he can ask for over $1.2 million now as he will most likely spend the rest of the year in AHL. Not ready to trade him either, Heponiemi is the one I worry about the most out of the forward prospects right now.

Reactions: pantherbot

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

I'm glad he'll be getting AHL time now. Didn't like that we called him up last year (though it was understandable at the time as we scrambled for any move to save the season).
Best case scenario, he dominates the AHL and is ready later in the season if/when we have injuries.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Flashes of skill? Sure. Everyone has their moments.

He just seems really dead out there all the time. Idk. I guess I just dont see it

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Agree.
This also keeps Borg's next contract sub $2 million. No way he can ask for over $1.2 million now as he will most likely spend the rest of the year in AHL. Not ready to trade him either, Heponiemi is the one I worry about the most out of the forward prospects right now.
Anyone actually watched Hepo in Springfield? Serious question.
I know he's not shooting much but TBH he never did - the year he finished 3rd in WHL points and scored at over 2 points per game, he wasn't even in the top 100 in SOG (played less games than some other guys but still). His game is almost exclusively setting up plays, though one shot on goal in 7 games is still extremely weak. Is he unable to keep up physically, is he lost or what seems to be the problem?
Wonder how the SPR roster will look now with Borg down.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Anyone actually watched Hepo in Springfield? Serious question.
I know he's not shooting much but TBH he never did - the year he finished 3rd in WHL points and scored at over 2 points per game, he wasn't even in the top 100 in SOG (played less games than some other guys but still). His game is almost exclusively setting up plays, though one shot on goal in 7 games is still extremely weak. Is he unable to keep up physically, is he lost or what seems to be the problem?
Wonder how the SPR roster will look now with Borg down.

Head over to the prospects thread, posted their lines from last night.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Would think this is more Borgstrom needs more time in SPR no?
Malgin will play against softer teams and BB against the bigger grittier teams.

Re-sign Tallon! For the Q hire and all the free agent signings who are playing pretty well so far.

Hard to argue who's been better out of Stralman, Acciari and Connolly so far. Now he adds another vet with playoff experience on the cheap. Atta boy Dalè

Not sure Q will keep Pysyk as a winger over Malgin if Boyle becomes 3rd/4th line C. Pysyk has been decent these last games, but Malgin definitely brought much more to the game.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad