Player Discussion Brett Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This might be beyond your realm of understanding, but if you look at the stats for Heinen and Coyle without Ritchie...Heinen isn’t the problem.

Why don’t we trade Ritchie and a pick for Anderson? That would be an even better solution.
It’s anazing how good Heinen is except for the production - he and Coyle are possession monsters together, they just need someone who can pot a goal on that line.

Reactions: Lo97

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It’s anazing how good Heinen is except for the production - he and Coyle are possession monsters together, they just need someone who can pot a goal on that line.

This is why I was so pissed that Bjork was sent down. Watched him a lot at Notre Dame, and he has a legit NHL caliber shot and release (so does Heinen according to reporters that watch him in practice). A guy that would shoot on that RW plays to 13 and 43’s strengths and would open so much up for all three players.

BruinsNetwork

One step lower than that– those two just need another like-minded and like-bodied winger capable of keeping up and working as a cohesive line. Brett Ritchie hasn’t been that, IMO.

Kuhlman would be ideal, but that means Bjork would have to be recalled.

Bjork could easily slide into 2RW and give Kuhlman to Heinen and Coyle, which would be better for all parties involved.

Probably not feasible just because of the depth chart, but would love to see Senyshyn next to Coyle at 3RW. He’s got the tools, speed and physicality to be a nice little addition to that line.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
One step lower than that– those two just need another like-minded and like-bodied winger capable of keeping up and working as a cohesive line. Brett Ritchie hasn’t been that, IMO.

Bjork could easily slide into 2RW and give Kuhlman to Heinen and Coyle, which would be better for all parties involved.

Probably not feasible just because of the depth chart, but would love to see Senyshyn next to Coyle at 3RW. He’s got the tools, speed and physicality to be a nice little addition to that line.
I don’t know about Khulman right now - looks like he could use the confidence dozen games in Providence that they’re giving Bjork. He’s faded pretty hard from what he brought at the end of last year IMO.

I could see Senyshyn riding with those two too - might pick up a bit as well.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t know about Khulman right now - looks like he could use the confidence dozen games in Providence that they’re giving Bjork. He’s faded pretty hard from what he brought at the end of last year IMO.

I could see Senyshyn riding with those two too - might pick up a bit as well.

I don't agree. I think Kuhlman is bringing everything you want besides finishing. He's creating chances with his speed. He's playing smart two way hockey. He's just not finding the back of the net.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I don't agree. I think Kuhlman is bringing everything you want besides finishing. He's creating chances with his speed. He's playing smart two way hockey. He's just not finding the back of the net.
normally I'm on board with your comments but I'm just not seeing what others are seeing in Kuhlman. hes working hard, but so did acciari. obviously not comparing the two but I just dont see why kuhlman has been somewhat gifted the 2rw position. based on stat lines he was never a big point producer. I hope he starts producing but in my opinion he has done very little to continuously get rolled out

Reactions: LouJersey

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
normally I'm on board with your comments but I'm just not seeing what others are seeing in Kuhlman. hes working hard, but so did acciari. obviously not comparing the two but I just dont see why kuhlman has been somewhat gifted the 2rw position. based on stat lines he was never a big point producer. I hope he starts producing but in my opinion he has done very little to continuously get rolled out

Thinking they give him more games before pulling the plug...besides Kuhlman is one of many who haven't been scoring on the bruins (including his linemate Debrusk).

He's creating opportunities for the line/himself. Still say the bruins need a scoring elite winger for that line however that will come closer to the trade deadline.

Kuhlman also plays pk and is pretty darn good at it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

He isn't a goal scorer at NHL level. However
he does lots of things well and is fine on a 3rd
line on a Cup contender.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i don't think they want bjork on the RW anymore. they moved him to LW in camp and
as far as i can tell he's been on LW in providence as well (you've seen more games than me,
so i may be wrong).

one thing bjork noted about playing RW (he's a really sharp kid - part of the reason i'm a big fan
of his game) is that he had a tendency to cut across the middle to create scoring chances which left
him open for big hits. he seems to be doing well on his strong side, making quicker plays on his
forehand and maybe taking guys wide.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Thinking they give him more games before pulling the plug...besides Kuhlman is one of many who haven't been scoring on the bruins (including his linemate Debrusk).

He's creating opportunities for the line/himself. Still say the bruins need a scoring elite winger for that line however that will come closer to the trade deadline.

Kuhlman also plays pk and is pretty darn good at it.

ya thats not happening.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Didn't like the signing originally. Now struggling to understand why they did it even more.

its a low risk 1 million dollar signing by a team that got pushed around in the finals due to lack of size. Ritchie is actually doing what his career numbers project. If Bruins fans have other expectations of Brett Ritchie, that's a question for the GM. Players that have higher expectations are Kuhlman, Heinen and Debrusk who have 2 points combined and should be putting up the points going forward

Reactions: sarge88

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You don’t think Heinen has been playing well?

he's been playing very well IMO, but I don't have issues with people bringing up his lack of goal scoring. He has 6 total SOG in 6 games. He has 17 goals in his last 119 reg season games. Keeping it away from the opponent and creating chances are certainly very important, and not to be diminished but at the end of the day the team with the most goals wins, and Heinen and Coyle HAVE to produce goals. Now, either do that or pass it to someone that can (and that may be out of their hands w their line mates and unproven goal scoring NHL talent).

Personally I saw what they are capable of with a legit offensive weapon (MoJo) so I'm not sure what the hold up is with the brass with atleast trying Bjork, Kuhlman, Senny, someone there, but I can also understand the Bruins not wanting to go small again after last season,

Reactions: sarge88 and Sheppy

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
its a low risk 1 million dollar signing by a team that got pushed around in the finals due to lack of size. Ritchie is actually doing what his career numbers project. If Bruins fans have other expectations of Brett Ritchie, that's a question for the GM. Players that have higher expectations are Kuhlman, Heinen and Debrusk who have 2 points combined and should be putting up the points going forward

I don't think Brett Ritchie really makes a difference though with that. You have to be capable of playing the minutes on a contender to help prevent the players on the ice from being pushed around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad