Player Discussion Brett Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well, I wouldn’t want to be a missing person and have management be in charge of finding me then. They’ve been missing “that” winger for years now and there’s still not much hope in finding him.

won`t get an argument here, I think where they have sort of gone a bit off track is they seem to be searching for that next Lucic/Horty kind of player which in a perfect world would be nice but those guys aren`t falling into anyone`s lap. Put Bjork on DK`s wing and let em` do their thing

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well, I wouldn’t want to be a missing person and have management be in charge of finding me then. They’ve been missing “that” winger for years now and there’s still not much hope in finding him.

the search is over, meaning theyll never find one, especially with the Backes contact on the books.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
won`t get an argument here, I think where they have sort of gone a bit off track is they seem to be searching for that next Lucic/Horty kind of player which in a perfect world would be nice but those guys aren`t falling into anyone`s lap. Put Bjork on DK`s wing and let em` do their thing

Without an injury taking place, I imagine that Bjork coming up would mean that one of Ritchie, Backes or Lindholm would go down. Now of those 3, I imagine Ritchie would be that guy.

Backes - Just don't see Boston doing it to him.
Lindholm - Gives you a C/LW depth guy
Ritchie - Kind of plays the same role as Backes does.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
the search is over, meaning theyll never find one, especially with the Backes contact on the books.
That's how it works under the Cap. You can spend, but better make it count. If you miss, you hunt around the bargain bin (Ritchie) or bank on a kid stepping up (Bjork), or try to bank some cap space for the deadline. The Bruins are covering all the bases, including having flexibility to adjust the lineup to accommodate a young forward or acquisition whether LW/C/RW.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That's how it works under the Cap. You can spend, but better make it count. If you miss, you hunt around the bargain bin (Ritchie) or bank on a kid stepping up (Bjork), or try to bank some cap space for the deadline. The Bruins are covering all the bases, including having flexibility to adjust the lineup to accommodate a young forward or acquisition whether LW/C/RW.

at this point, I'll believe it when I see it. I hope whoever they put at the revolving door at RW (Kulhman, Bjork, Ritchie, Backes) some how work out.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ferland & Anderson would have been great additions to Krejcis wing if were going by that.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Without an injury taking place, I imagine that Bjork coming up would mean that one of Ritchie, Backes or Lindholm would go down. Now of those 3, I imagine Ritchie would be that guy.

Backes - Just don't see Boston doing it to him.
Lindholm - Gives you a C/LW depth guy
Ritchie - Kind of plays the same role as Backes does.

All this is fine if you are OK with Backes on the team for the sole purpose of dropping the gloves.

If you want to see a guy with his injury history eat punches because he can't contribute anymore actually playing hockey thats fine but I looked away every time Campbell fought and Backes is 10x worse.

He just had a nice shift with Coyle.

For anyone watching a game do you like the fact that we have to insert Stevie Kampfer into the lineup to see a big open ice hit? Led to a good shift and PP and goal.

We need to keep the option of having a line with size open. Ritchie stays as 13th F.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
with a kid like Bjork who from all accounts had a nice camp is in Providence. Kind of puzzling, I don`t mind if or wouldn`t have minded if Ritchie had a camp that forced the B`s to make that move but it didn`t sound like he did,

Nope, Ritchie was parachuted into a roster spot.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Ritchie looking like he has a spot for now over Backes, who may well be the 14th forward behind Lindholm.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Nope, Ritchie was parachuted into a roster spot.
in my opinion, he's looked better then Kuhlman, who has arguably been parachuted into the second line. hoping for something from him but I dont see how or why he keeps getting auto rolled into 2Rw

Reactions: Fenian24

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Don't think Ritchie has been anything special, he hasn't been bad but he really doesn't do much. Hopefully they give Bjork a shot there soon and at least see which of him/Backes/Ritchie can settle in.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ritchie another solid 11 minutes. 3 shots, and 4 hits added to his totals. 8 shots and 15 hits in his 5 games. Bruins 5-0-0 with him. Bruins haven't been on the receiving end of any cheap plays either yet. Been on for about as many chances as given up, so that's gotten better as well.

Ritchie 8 shots and 15 hits 1 goal
DeBrusk 16 shots and 1 hit 0 goals
Kuhlman 10 shots and 6 hits 0 goals

Ritchie played one less game

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought Ritchie was good today. The “third line” was better than the Krejci line before DK got hurt.

I still prefer Bjork, but I like Ritchie in the lineup when the B’s are playing teams with a heavier slower D.

Reactions: LouJersey

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ritchie 8 shots and 15 hits 1 goal
DeBrusk 16 shots and 1 hit 0 goals
Kuhlman 10 shots and 6 hits 0 goals

Ritchie played one less game

I mean sure he has 15 hits, but the pressure that Debrusk and Kuhlman puts on the opposition with their speed and forecheck creates a lot more turnovers and puts more fear into the opponents than a Brett Ritchie hit, as I wouldn't call any of Ritchie's hits bone jarring or of the open ice variety, where opponents fear him when he's on the ice.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
His advanced stats are still flashing warning signs.

High Danger Chances, Ritchie on ice: 2-14 against.
Rest of Team: 33-38 against.

Here's a not fun stat: at 5v5, the Heinen-Ritchie combo has an expected goals scored of 1.85/game -- for and against combined, with an xGF% of 25%. Cassidy, please spare us from seeing that all season!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Here's a not fun stat: at 5v5, the Heinen-Ritchie combo has an expected goals scored of 1.85/game -- for and against combined, with an xGF% of 25%. Cassidy, please spare us from seeing that all season!

do advanced stats consider the Bruins have little size and can get pushed around fairly easily?

Reactions: sarge88

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Easy solution to that, trade Heinen for Wood or Anderson.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad