Value of: Brett Pesce

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What are carolina looking for, very much effects the package offered

They need a goalie, a top 9 scoring winger, cap relief and most importantly, incentive on top of that to move Pesce. By moving him, they’d also immediately be in need of a replacement top 4 RD, so the incentive to move him would have to be great.

I’d think in an ideal world, if the Canes were so inclined to actually deal Pesce, they’d look for a winger such as Boeser, Ehlers or (dare I say it) Nylander and just ignore any packages of lesser pieces.

Personally, I think the likelihood they move Hamilton is much higher than the chance they’d move Pesce, strictly due to contract status.

Last edited:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Parayko, Pesce, Lindholm, McAvoy...

Long ago the 4 divisions best young shut down defenseman lived in peace. But everything changed when the Pesce nation attacked!

Only Pronger, master of all 4 divisions could save the world, but 10 years ago he vanished!

Do you really consider those the 4 best young shutdown defencemen?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not that Pesce is on the market at all but any player can be had for the right price.

What’s your teams best offer for Brett ‘Joe’ Pesce? Don’t worry about filling a need for the Hurricanes just hit me with your best shot.

- 6’3 / 25 y/o
- RHD who can play both sides
- Solid #2 shutdown dman who can skate well and breakout out of his zone
- Adequate offensively and has 30 point potential with almost all of it being at even strength
- Very good on the pk but not utilized on the pp and doesn’t have a booming shot
- Signed for 4x4AAV with no trade restrictions or signing bonuses
- Compares well to Jonas Brodin who is 2 years older and re-signed for 7x6AAV

Let the games begin...

FLA would offer up 12th overall + Weegar + 2nd + LD prospect
or Huberdeau could be on the table.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’d love him in Vancouver. I don’t really want Boeser moved, but I’d be ok with trading him for Pesce.

Much rather have Pesce than Dumba.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I’d love him in Vancouver. I don’t really want Boeser moved, but I’d be ok with trading him for Pesce.

Much rather have Pesce than Dumba.
I was about to post the same thing. I'm not for dealing Boeser, but would for Pesce.

Reactions: Love

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Whoa, whoa... what's the scoop here? Is Pesce really worth all that? Weegar and the 1st round pick should do imo.

His contract is pretty decent. Year younger than Weegar and more proven.
Love Weegs but Pesce and Ekblad would be locked up for the next 4 years for under $12 mil combined.

Bank on one/two of Koly, Ludvig, Gildon becoming decent #3/4's. Those two above would be good vets for them and run their own duo.

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
His contract is pretty decent. Year younger than Weegar and more proven.
Love Weegs but Pesce and Ekblad would be locked up for the next 4 years for under $12 mil combined.

Bank on one/two of Koly, Ludvig, Gildon becoming decent #3/4's. Those two above would be good vets for them and run their own line.

Ekblad and Pesce on the RD is very good but I'm not sure that the Cats are still on the position to dish out assets left 'n right. I mean, if e.g. none of the centers projected to the middle6 can't handle their duties then Zito will on the phone with those very same pieces in mind. Even though Pesce is signed for four years but upgrading that position from Weegar is a luxury the Cats cannot afford imo.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Brett Pesce is available here and everyone wants to offer up draft picks as the main trading piece to a team that made the playoffs, 2 years in a row, and looking to go even deeper next year.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The match is Ehlers. Not clear if both sides would agree but in terms of fit and need, I think that’s it.

Carolina could use more scoring wingers, best asset to get that is one of their d-men. They’re not going to trade him for a platter involving a mid round first and prospects, that’s a move backward for a team that should be on the rise right now (and doesn’t have any cap issues that would require them to dump a very good player). LeBrun had an article about if Carolina could make a trade for Laine and it’s prob not happening but Pesce was mentioned as being part of a potential package (would require a significant add). Anyway, since we’re talking just Pesce, it’s Ehlers or someone on that level.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
They need a goalie, a top 9 scoring winger, cap relief and most importantly, incentive on top of that to move Pesce. By moving him, they’d also immediately be in need of a replacement top 4 RD, so the incentive to move him would have to be great.

I’d think in an ideal world, if the Canes were so inclined to actually deal Pesce, they’d look for a winger such as Boeser, Ehlers or (dare I say it) Nylander and just ignore any packages of lesser pieces.

Personally, I think the likelihood they move Hamilton is much higher than the chance they’d move Pesce, strictly due to contract status.
I think there is a deal to be made around Willy+Anderson for Pesce++ but I really dont know how to make the cap work for Carolina if they are looking to cut cap. Maybe the leafs ask for their 1st rounder back or something, maybe a top 6 prospect and try to sign a UFA goalie to make this work from their perspective. Not sure but who knows, the leafs could target Hamilton even though he isn't as good a match stylistically

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Brett Pesce is available here and everyone wants to offer up draft picks as the main trading piece to a team that made the playoffs, 2 years in a row, and looking to go even deeper next year.

To be fair, everyone wants their team to acquire a core player without sending one back. That may be true of GMs, too. When the Canes dangled him a few years ago for a forward, the offers were obviously not up to par. I remember Toronto fans and media being dismissive of the Pesce-Nylander base at that time. Hockey trades are hard. Now, Carolina would reject it if offered (the needs of the team have changed).

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Carolina have any interest in Markstrom? Canucks would take back 1 of Reimer/Mrazek. Canucks add as its just JM rights to negotiate a deal.

Canucks available: Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, Virtanen, Baertschi, Stecher, Myers ( i wish) Dipietro, Gadjovich, Brisebois, Gaudette

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Holy overpayment Batman.

a 1st who his years away from helping Carolina, a G with only 1 year left who isn't likely much of an upgrade on who they have and a D prospect who is still finding his game in the A.

Pesce is a decent D, would like him as a younger Tanev for Canucks but unsure if we have what Carolina would want or are willing to give them

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina have any interest in Markstrom? Canucks would take back 1 of Reimer/Mrazek. Canucks add as its just JM rights to negotiate a deal.

Canucks available: Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, Virtanen, Baertschi, Stecher, Myers ( i wish) Dipietro, Gadjovich, Brisebois, Gaudette

Even if Carolina was open to it for some reason (I doubt that he's even available in a 1-for-1 hockey trade for a player like Boeser, mind you), there's nothing to build a quantity deal around on that list.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
15th OA
Johnsson
Robertson/Sandin/Liljegren

for

Pesce
52nd OA

There's not a better fit in the league for the Leafs than Pesce. I'd love to add McKeown as well if possible.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Yes, Canes are interested in Markstrom... he's also a UFA so we can just sign him. Reimer will be very easy to move if we want and can probably get back a decent asset as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad