Value of: Brett Pesce

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
NJ seems like one of the worst fits in the league given your window likely starts closer to when Pesce's deal ends. In any case the #18 pick doesn't do much at all for Carolina and Miles Wood doesn't have much value. They need help for their window which opens next year or the one after.

#20 for Jake Bean would seem to make more sense.

I say if we can ignore Carolina's needs, why not ignore NJ's needs too?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
From Ott the starting pieces would probably be Tierney and Isles 1st then add a prospect since I doubt a 2nd round pick would cut it.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
it's important for him to hear about how great his player is

I should have also added that in the last two years he’s been an integral part of a team that went to the ECF last year so would be a great add to any that has been perennial losers and can’t make it past the first round if their lives depended on it.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
As a leaf fan I'd offer 15th + Andersen + liljegren. Or Nylander + Andersen for Pesce + 2020 2nd.

I dont think the leafs would move that much for pesce.

He would be nice for sure but it seems like canes want the earth, moon and stars for him. Leafs may be better off signing a ufa who plays a similar game without giving up assets. They may not as good but given the cost i think it is more likely.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Oh no doubt, he's a great player when he can stay healthy.

I feel a lot better about Pesce's injury than a lot others. He had shoulder problems, first tried the physical rehab route rather than surgery, then had the surgery the following season. I'm thinking there's a very good chance that the surgery will take care of things and that he'll be back in better shape than ever. I'd be more worried if he had back or concussion problems.

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
From Ott the starting pieces would probably be Tierney and Isles 1st then add a prospect since I doubt a 2nd round pick would cut it.

Yeah, those pieces just aren’t moving the needle too much. A 1st is nice and all but the NYI one is obviously quite late. Tierney doesn’t interest me much and I guess if you are saying any prospect then I’d have to look into who the best one would be but as is it’s not an offer that’s making me want to move Pesce.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
15th + Robertson + Andersen with an extension and I’d talk about that deal

I don’t mind Liljgren being the prospect in such a deal, nor would I mind Robertson. However, even at that price, I don’t think I’d consider moving Pesce without Hamilton and preferably Vatanen/2nd pair RD signed.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don’t mind Liljgren being the prospect in such a deal, nor would I mind Robertson. However, even at that price, I don’t think I’d consider moving Pesce without Hamilton and preferably Vatanen/2nd pair RD signed.

For sure. Not saying I do that deal based on the Canes current situation but just looking at it from a pure value perspective

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to say that as a Canes fan, I would love Nick Robertson. Many fans on our subforum talk about Robertson and we wish we had drafted him. I hope he pans out.

Also wanted to say Leafs fans have easily the best offers so far in this thread. Ehlers for Pesce is a pretty reasonable 1-for-1, maybe with a small piece on either side.

Dealing Pesce may be worth it to add a coveted piece at forward or an elite young goaltender (i.e. Shesterkin not Georgiev). It would open up a massive hole for us at RD, and it would necessitate us extending Hamilton (and also possibly Vatanen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad