Value of: Brett Pesce

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not that Pesce is on the market at all but any player can be had for the right price.

What’s your teams best offer for Brett ‘Joe’ Pesce? Don’t worry about filling a need for the Hurricanes just hit me with your best shot.

- 6’3 / 25 y/o
- RHD who can play both sides
- Solid #2 shutdown dman who can skate well and breakout out of his zone
- Adequate offensively and has 30 point potential with almost all of it being at even strength
- Very good on the pk but not utilized on the pp and doesn’t have a booming shot
- Signed for 4x4AAV with no trade restrictions or signing bonuses
- Compares well to Jonas Brodin who is 2 years older and re-signed for 7x6AAV

Let the games begin...

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I imagine the leafs could offer a number of packages including assets like 15th overall, likely Liljegren too as Pesce would be a long term piece, AJ, Dermott possibly Nylander

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I imagine the leafs could offer a number of packages including assets like 15th overall, likely Liljegren too as Pesce would be a long term piece, AJ, Dermott possibly Nylander

So what’s the offer? Keeping in mind that AJ and Dermott don’t really move the needle much on the Carolina end if at all.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Pesce doesnt play the 2nd most minutes on Carolina’s defense and doesnt produce much offensively - is it really safe to say hes a #2 defenseman?

Id certainly take him on NJ though!

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pesce doesnt play the 2nd most minutes on Carolina’s defense and doesnt produce much offensively - is it really safe to say hes a #2 defenseman?

Id certainly take him on NJ though!

Yes. When you have 2 x #1 dmen in Slavin and Hamilton, it doesn’t diminish Pesce’s ability. Tavares is still a #1 C even though Matthews is better same with Mallin and Crosby. Pesce is a very solid #2 defensive defenseman.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Because I’d like to know what the best offer is that posters here would give up for Brett Pesce. Since it’s leaving out any specific team needs for Carolina it simply comes down to best value.

if he’s not being moved and he’s not on the block...
Then why do you care?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Yes. When you have 2 x #1 dmen in Slavin and Hamilton, it doesn’t diminish Pesce’s ability. Tavares is still a #1 C even though Matthews is better same with Mallin and Crosby. Pesce is a very solid #2 defensive defenseman.
I certainly wouldnt call Hamilton a #1, more an offensive #2, but if thats how Carolina fans see it then so be it

NJ can offer 18th+ but hes already a UFA at the end of his deal so i doubt hes a player Tom Fitzgerald targets. By the time NJ is contending he could have walked in free agency

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Ideally, a LW with both scoring and physical games. A guy like a Tkachuk, but obviously he has much more value.
Those are very hard to find outside 1st line talent variations of that. Usually it drops to bottom-6 talent because if someone is a scorer and big enough to have a physical game - theyre coveted and promoted

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
if he’s not being moved and he’s not on the block...
Then why do you care?

lol, why do you care so much?

There’s posts on here all the time discussing values of player “X”, not sure why this one has your panties in a bunch

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I certainly wouldnt call Hamilton a #1, more an offensive #2, but if thats how Carolina fans see it then so be it

NJ can offer 18th+ but hes already a UFA at the end of his deal so i doubt hes a player Tom Fitzgerald targets. By the time NJ is contending he could have walked in free agency

NJ seems like one of the worst fits in the league given your window likely starts closer to when Pesce's deal ends. In any case the #18 pick doesn't do much at all for Carolina and Miles Wood doesn't have much value. They need help for their window which opens next year or the one after.

#20 for Jake Bean would seem to make more sense.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad