Value of: Brett Pesce

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Wrong and wrong. Pesce has been injured for weeks. He was moved to the top pair and playing well before his injury. No reason for the Canes to move him without a similar piece coming back.

From the Flyers they’d have to be willing to offer up a piece like Voracek or Konecny in the deal. Otherwise there is no point.

I get the impression you were hoping for a 3rd pair discount. Not happening. $4 million x 6 years is an incredible deal for the budget-conscious Canes.
I didn't say discount, but given the Canes inept offense and Pesce's statistically verified reduced role this season, a forward-for-D trade makes sense :dunno:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think the Flyers not having a GM is still better than having Chiarelli.

Voracek >>>>>> Pesce in value.

If you could add Voracek or Pesce to the Leafs right now given their contracts and roles, you would choose Voracek? Doubtful.

Pesce’s value premium is in the 6 year x $4 million contract as a top-4 RHD. Perfect for a contender. Perfect for a budget team. Not available unless a premium asset is coming back.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
As a neutral fan I can’t see Carolina giving Pesce up cheaply. He’s been effective on their top pairing and is on a great contract. Just because they have sufficient depth that they could afford to trade him doesn’t mean they should do so without serious value coming back. They aren’t running a charity here and depth is a luxury that should be enjoyed unless given a damn good reason to part with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad