Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak traded for Taormina and Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No way we would have gotten a 3rd round pick today for Beaulieu.

Yeah but he would probably be a good piece to have on LD though ;).

Beaulieu would likely be our best LD. Not saying much but at least he can skate and provide some physical presence in our own end.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah but he would probably be a good piece to have on LD though ;).

Beaulieu would likely be our best LD. Not saying much but at least he can skate and provide some physical presence in our own end.

I'd take my chances with Reilly over Beaulieu.

And the just is still out on Kulak. A d for the future I like Mete.

Reactions: donghabs98

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd take my chances with Reilly over Beaulieu.

And the just is still out on Kulak. A d for the future I like Mete.

Reilly seems to have better skating and vision but where he struggles is where Beaulieu is better. Don't underestimate Beaulieu's toughness in his own end. Yeah, he's not perfect but he is a big mobile body that doesn't get pushed around in his own end. Beaulieu's vision and skating is not terrible either.

Beaulieu is outproducing Reilly as well this year. It's close but the comparisons offensively are similar. Reilly has also gotten more PP opportunity vs Beaulieu as well.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Morrow was good enough to score the occasional goal. If Morrow fetched a 4th, it means Benn will fetch a 5th

Morrow scores at a similar pace to Benn and that was with getting some PP time. Teams always want defensive depth at the deadline, I won't be surprised if someone gives up a late 3rd for Benn given he actually can play decent if he's on a 3rd pair for 16-17 minutes a game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And also the sin of being very bad at ice hockey.

I don't think he was very bad. He just gets thrown under the bus cause it's Montreal and he was a 1st round pick. There is a frustration factor and he didn't measure up to his potential and skills.

He's actually not having a bad year with the Sabres this year on the bottom pairing. 5 pts in his last 10 games and he gets pretty much zero PP time.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Still... I rather have Beaulieu vs Benn. I think Beaulieu matures in his mid to late 20's. He's a better skater than Benn, has better vision, skates better, and is younger.
Sure. I'll buy that. It's just that neither one of them is going to make much of a difference. If there is going to be a mistake made, it's hard to think of one with more insignificant consequences.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure. I'll buy that. It's just that neither one of them is going to make much of a difference. If there is going to be a mistake made, it's hard to think of one with more insignificant consequences.

I think Beaulieu still has top 4D potential if he matures and has shown he can this season so far. Benn is who he is at this stage. If you ask me who I had to force into a top 4D role with Petry, I pick Beaulieu

Kulak / Weber
Beaulieu / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen

Looks much better with Beaulieu vs Benn IMO. I value Beaulieu's skating, vision, size, and potential. He's 26 and I think there is value from him from age 26-30. I expect maturity

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad