Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak traded for Taormina and Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu isn't an NHL Dman either...and he makes twice as much as Benn.

What a load...
He's in the NHL and isn't going anywhere.
Who on our left side is going to put up 28 pts and +6 in 74 games with this same crappy team Reilly? Mete? Victor has 7 pts in 53 games. Reilly has 26 pts in 107 games. Neither will be scoring on a regular basis. Nathan's off ice activities got highlighted and his stupidity in the bars etc. affected how his play was reported and viewed. CJ didn't like him from Day one even though he was our best option on the PP and the numbers back that up. He kept going with an ineffective Markov and yeah we ended the year at 1.8 goals per game under Julien's direction. I laughed at how many times Nathan was blamed for errors other than his own.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What a load...
Who on our left side is going to put up 28 pts and +6 in 74 games with this same crappy team Reilly? Mete? Victor has 7 pts in 53 games. Reilly has 26 pts in 107 games. Neither will be scoring on a regular basis. Nathan's off ice activities got highlighted and his stupidity in the bars etc. affected how his play was reported and viewed. CJ didn't like him from Day one even though he was our best option on the PP and the numbers back that up. He kept going with an ineffective Markov and yeah we ended the year at 1.8 goals per game under Julien's direction. I laughed at how many times Nathan was blamed for errors other than his own.
28pts was an anomaly, he had 9pts last year and so far this season he’s the least used defenceman.....at 2.4m$ per year.....no thanks!!!

Reactions: ChoseLa

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah let's see how he settles in this year. Funny how PP time can create anomalies. :laugh:
His skating is elite.....but that’s where it ends, at least that’s how I view it. My guess is he does not surpass the 15pt mark......would rather have Mete and Reilly there but if it came down to it, I’d swap Alzner for Beaulieu as alzner is slow and inafected

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What a load...
He's awful...sorry I don't like your old boy's game.

I never have.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why is anyone talking about Beau in the first place. He SUCKS. Absolutely zero hockey IQ. He has one tool (skating) and no toolbox. He sucked here, he sucks even worse in Buffalo and Reilly is an infinitely better option than Beau. Add to him, youngsters like Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Romanov, Fleury, Olofsson, Kulak, the czechs etc. and it makes Beau even more insignificant.

Future on D is a lot brighter then most think.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
love his skating and like how he pinches but we've overestimated players before in small sample sizes. Sometimes he makes silly plays and has a weak shot but I've really liked his game so far.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This guy for Valiev and Taormina, seriously?
Looks like a brilliant trade so far.
Glad he's working out for you. If Juuso Valimaki hadn't beat him out of a job he'd most likely still be our #6 D-man. Treliving did him a solid by trading him to the Habs where there was more opportunity for him to continue playing in the NHL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Remember when we first got Benn?..It earned him an expansion protection..
But hopefully this will be more of a Weise than Benn trade.
We gave up Pateryn+4th for Benn, we gave up 2 AHLers for Kulak. I also don't get why people shit on Bergevin for protecting Benn. Who would you have protected instead?

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
We gave up Pateryn+4th for Benn, we gave up 2 AHLers for Kulak. I also don't get why people **** on Bergevin for protecting Benn. Who would you have protected instead?

Protecting Benn was part of what put the focus on Emelin to be picked by Vegas. I was very happy then with how that turned out and I'm still very happy now.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I really like Kulak play thus far. Hopefully it will stay that way and not turn into a Mike Reilly 2.0.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What a load...

I always thought Beaulieu has more to give than he did. He has size, is tough, can skate, and has some vision. Very frustrating that he can't measure up to this potential.

People can say what they want but I see it this way... Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu replaced with Alzner, Mete, Schlemko, Benn, Reilly. And we wonder why Price is not able to do what he did in the past. Our shutdown ability on D went from good to terrible in one off season. The strength of the Habs and winning 3 division titles in 5 years was a solid team D in front of Price. Yeah, we lacked goal scoring power and centers but our team strength was tore apart

Beaulieu was a frustrating player for us but I would of preferred to keep him over Benn I tell yeah!

Reactions: Rapala

Jul 6, 2016
I always thought Beaulieu has more to give than he did. He has size, is tough, can skate, and has some vision. Very frustrating that he can't measure up to this potential.

People can say what they want but I see it this way... Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu replaced with Alzner, Mete, Schlemko, Benn, Reilly. And we wonder why Price is not able to do what he did in the past. Our shutdown ability on D went from good to terrible in one off season. The strength of the Habs and winning 3 division titles in 5 years was a solid team D in front of Price. Yeah, we lacked goal scoring power and centers but our team strength was tore apart

Beaulieu was a frustrating player for us but I would of preferred to keep him over Benn I tell yeah!

It's all Beaulieu's fault.... Immature brat partying in Montreal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, and I would have taken one more year of Emelin at $4.1M than Alzner at $4.5625M for 5 years.

Emelin lacks offensive production but the guy was a tank in our own end. Alzner likes to bear hug guys. Emelin will run you through the boards or make an open ice hit where your spirit is left behind.

We are committed to Price for 8 years with his NMC. Providing shutdown ability with our D in front of him should not be overlooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadiensChick

Jul 6, 2016
True, Beaulieu's development is on him and the attached baggage and distraction is as well. I just don't think he is as bad as some think he is. Maturity was his problem just like Galchenyuk. I would of protected Beaulieu over Benn.

They traded Beaulieu away hoping that it would be good for Galchenyuk's future in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad