Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak traded for Taormina and Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not the greatest of trade for the Rocket....but saving 1 spot for the 50-contract limit.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agree.

Laval getting worse.... Taormina was a point machine on the back end.
With Despres, now Kulak, Moravcik, Sklenica & Fleury...

They needed to make room.

I think there's more "NHL recall-ability" with those first 4 names than Matt Taormina.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I thought Valiev would eventually be a good defensive d-man. Anyone know if Kulak is better than Valiev or is this another Benn for Pateryn and 4th trade?

Reactions: Jrham15

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
We also have to figure out the veterans clause. 1 less vet in Taormina. Though if there was 1 vet that was important.....it's Taormina. Anyway....

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Does Kulak stay up with the big club?

If so, that would mean the end of DLR or Scherbak. As would the return of Shaw.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Thanks. So the idiot made a decent trade. Taormina would never be anything but an AHLer.

Well it's mostly Valiev potential for Kulak potentila. And Taormina for the success of their AHL team. But, I would do think that Kulak's potential might be slightly higher than Valiev's. So a wash at best. But where we ''win'' is by removing 1 vet spot for the vet clause, and 1 less contract under 50. So yeah, we could ''win'' this one....but for other things than the Rocket success. The best vet we have on D right now for Laval is....Lernout. The D isn't too strong. We need the Czechs to be very good. And as average I think Despres is....he would be welcome on that D squad.

Reactions: dralaf and Dan403

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Does Kulak stay up with the big club?

If so, that would mean the end of DLR or Scherbak. As would the return of Shaw.

Canadiens already said that Kulak will report to Laval.

Well it's mostly Valiev potential for Kulak potentila. And Taormina for the success of their AHL team. But, I would do think that Kulak's potential might be slightly higher than Valiev's. So a wash at best. But where we ''win'' is by removing 1 vet spot for the vet clause, and 1 less contract under 50. So yeah, we could ''win'' this one....but for other things than the Rocket success. The best vet we have on D right now for Laval is....Lernout. The D isn't too strong. We need the Czechs to be very good.

Scherbak could be traded for a good d with potential playing in Laval.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Typical Bargain Bin move, I expect nothing more. He's the master of depth AHL players and trading with the same 4 teams over and over again. Jesus why is the universe doing this to us? What did we do to deserve this tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad