Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak traded for Taormina and Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Benn is likely gone and Kulak will take his spot. Kulak actually played pretty well for the flames last year, they just didn't have anymore space for him, it was a numbers game.

Last time the Flames ran out of room for someone, we got Byron out of it. Also, I can't say I'm complaining if we never have to see Benn again.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Flames didn't play a system that utilized anyone's first pass for offense. Not Giordano, not Brodie, not Hamilton, not Kulak. Never mind that kind of analysis is lazy AF.

You may not get a point for a play like this, but this goal doesn't happen without this first pass, and Kulak's career in Calgary was full of really nice breakouts.

There's nothing lazy in considering a 8 points guy as a non offensive threat. What is lazy is saying we got the next Niskanen for a waiver and a AHLer for life.

Offensive skilled players do points. It has been this way forever. There's no advanced stats or analysis that will disprove that. He's not 20. He'll turn 25 in January. He might blossom into an okay 3rd pairing guy but expecting anything more is being delusional.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Another Russian gone, Scherbak is the last one to play in a game for Julien that's still here and that clock is likely ticking loudly.

Scherbak is out of Montreal. He'll be traded for the forward version of Kulak sooner than later. But remember nothing to do with purging the team of Russians. It's all a coincidence. Luckily for Romanov CJ and MB wont be here when he'll be ready.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Scherbak is out of Montreal. He'll be traded for the forward version of Kulak sooner than later. But remember nothing to do with purging the team of Russians. It's all a coincidence. Luckily for Romanov CJ and MB wont be here when he'll be ready.

It's not like we purged a Datsyuk or Ovechkin here. Radu left for more $$,Markov was in his late 30s, Galchy didnt pan out and Sherbak is a career AHLer.

This whole anti russian propoganda is silly.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
It's not like we purged a Datsyuk or Ovechkin here. Radu left for more $$,Markov was in his late 30s, Galchy didnt pan out and Sherbak is a career AHLer.

Right.

Looking over the rosters only found 30-35 Russians in the league and several teams have none.

Reactions: jaffy27

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna

Silly huh? Purple Pants would have traded Ovechkin within a couple of years. Not the right attitude and karakter the moron is looking for.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kulak embraces new start in Montreal after being put on waivers by Flames
Kulak was adamant that the ripple effect from his arbitration case was not the reason for Monday’s trade.
“I don’t think so,” he said. “Me and Brad talked through that whole thing and was like, ‘This is how the business works and that’s why things like that are in place for those situations. We talked and it’s just business and it’s nothing personal. We both get along really well and have a really good relationship. There’s nothing bad between us and the organization.

Reactions: Habaneros

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Anything is an upgrade over Benn at this point. IMO Lernout probably would be.
Keeping Benn over Beaulieu and risking losing Lernout was very dumb. Benn is not an NHL dman and isn’t going to improve, the others have at least a hope

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
There's nothing lazy in considering a 8 points guy as a non offensive threat. What is lazy is saying we got the next Niskanen for a waiver and a AHLer for life.

Offensive skilled players do points. It has been this way forever. There's no advanced stats or analysis that will disprove that. He's not 20. He'll turn 25 in January. He might blossom into an okay 3rd pairing guy but expecting anything more is being delusional.

D's take time to develop.

Look at a guy like Petry... He's just starting to hit his prime IMO at 29 years old!

You forgot to mention they just drafted a Russian in the second round and it was viewed as a huge reach on top of it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
To all of you who are saying that Kulak is better because he was a regular on the Flames...

I have a little reminder for you. Jordie Benn also was a regular, on the Dallas Stars. Doesn't mean he's any good.

When I read this

I shake my head a lot...

Can he skate? Yes. Then he’s better than Benn. That’s literally the only criteria necessary.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kulak played 28 minutes in a game last week. Apparently he was really good too.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Last time the Flames ran out of room for someone, we got Byron out of it. Also, I can't say I'm complaining if we never have to see Benn again.

Benn has been one of our best on the blueline this year, not sure he deserves any hate so far. He and Juulsen have been pretty rock solid, among our best.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You are right about benn, I spent a whole year and a preseason saying how we should dump him, well so far I could not have been more wrong, he has been nothing short of shocking how well he is playing. Good for him

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You are right about benn, I spent a whole year and a preseason saying how we should dump him, well so far I could not have been more wrong, he has been nothing short of shocking how well he is playing. Good for him
My guess is Benn will fetch a better return for us then Beaulieu will for Buffalo......Beaulieu is just bad and overpaid.....plus, we’ve already received a 3rd round pick for Beaulieu, keeping Benn was the way to go

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
yeah I wonder which is the real Benn. When we first got him he was solid. Overused in the playoffs that year and got exposed. Then was horrible the next year. Now he looks good again. Looks fast at times. If anyone sits it's Ouellet imo. Wouldn't be horrified to send one of Mete or Juulsen down even though they're doing good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad