Brett Connolly

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
connolly has what 8 goals????

someone can look up the numbers of that stat per time and than look at WHOM WE HAVE WHO CAN HIT THOSE NUMBERS

than say trade him JUST BECAUSE

ummmmm

YESSSS a little TIFFED here lol

glad stevie runs things

we seriously have a lot better options to move than brett connolly

and he does look like a 30 guy and with right group is a 30-60 guy or higher so no dont move him not if he plays well and does everything else which he is doing.
ya and he only has 8 goals because he can't crack the top six we are so good! If they move for a defenseman I say there moving Killorn out. But right now steve just sits and waits for a good deal to come around deadline day.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
ya and he only has 8 goals because he can't crack the top six we are so good! If they move for a defenseman I say there moving Killorn out. But right now steve just sits and waits for a good deal to come around deadline day.

Killorn is too versatile to be moved before Connolly. Earlier in the season I was all for shipping Killer our for an upgrade, but now I'm a little hesitant.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Killorn is too versatile to be moved before Connolly. Earlier in the season I was all for shipping Killer our for an upgrade, but now I'm a little hesitant.

I think it depends on what's out there. With gudas out do we go after a top 4 D which we could use anyway regardless of gudas being out. It's getting close to that time, and I think Connolly is more expendable than Killorn .

70Tampa

Jan 3, 2015
We have to remember that the receiving team of a trade has thoughts of who they want from us for our request of their player..........it may not be exactly who we may want to offer up. Interesting dynamic for sure.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think it depends on what's out there. With gudas out do we go after a top 4 D which we could use anyway regardless of gudas being out. It's getting close to that time, and I think Connolly is more expendable than Killorn .

See I think connolly can score 30 goals in this league one day Killorn is a 40 point per year player way more upside to keep connolly. Can still see this being are future top nine drouin stamkos connolly palat Johnson kucherov flipper vladdy callahan

70Tampa

Jan 3, 2015
most of Stammer early success was with Cally.....both were getting points can't understand why they broke them up.........Stammer has not been the same since and neither is Cally

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
most of Stammer early success was with Cally.....both were getting points can't understand why they broke them up.........Stammer has not been the same since and neither is Cally

Yeah it's true. Stamkos was up and down this season but now he is really struggling. Cally was good at getting the puck to him. Connolly not so much.

Cally was put on the 3rd line with a struggling flip who has not been good 5 on 5 at all . When coop put killorn on there also that line was meshing and scoring goals, so Cally was fine, but now with paquette it has become a one way shutdown line. Coop has managed to kill all other lines any chance to mesh offensively with the exception of TKO of course .

70Tampa

Jan 3, 2015
I agree but Coop is a smart guy why can he not see it? No way we get too far in PO if we only have one scoring line.........Coop has basically nullified Stammer, Cally and Flip in 5 on 5 situations.........very confusing........to say nothing about a$ 9-10 Million 3rd line???

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I agree but Coop is a smart guy why can he not see it? No way we get too far in PO if we only have one scoring line.........Coop has basically nullified Stammer, Cally and Flip in 5 on 5 situations.........very confusing........to say nothing about a$ 9-10 Million 3rd line???

You do understand that it's a highly effective 3rd line right?

Winning games>Callahan and Stamkos getting points

70Tampa

Jan 3, 2015
I do agree it is a good 3rd line but the question is where is a second line with consistent scoring??????????

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I do agree it is a good 3rd line but the question is where is a second line with consistent scoring??????????

We're the highest scoring 5-on-5 team in the league. Not really a major concern.

Stamkos is showing the occasional sign of life. Some PP goals will get his confidence back.

Flip/Cally are too good to break up at the moment. It's not like they're life-long tag team partners, but I think we need to ride them out.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa

Good coaching bro.. every game Stammer goes pointless his new contract dollar amount goes down :sarcasm:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The only way we trade Connolly is if it's for a player who was drafted within the top-5 picks, preferably someone like Cam Barker. Because 3rd overall > 6th overall.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The only way we trade Connolly is if it's for a player who was drafted within the top-5 picks, preferably someone like Cam Barker. Because 3rd overall > 6th overall.

I'd probably do it even though he's another LD, he's killing it in the KHL so not sure Bratislava would make that trade.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So that I'm clear... we'd trade Brett Connolly to Bratislava for Cam Barker?

Um yeah, that's where he's playing these days. Not sure they would give up an over a PPG player for Connolly though. They also may not want to do business with us with how bad Janus has been since we sent him back.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we need a moment of silence to honor the insane Hosing that the Brett Connolly to Boston thread got on the trade board. It was like watching a master composer write a symphony.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I think we need a moment of silence to honor the insane Hosing that the Brett Connolly to Boston thread got on the trade board. It was like watching a master composer write a symphony.

It was pretty damn beautiful.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Now we can finally trade #14. We have a younger, better sniper in our lineup. Cedric Paquette has 9 goals. Connolly has 8. 9>8, hence Paquette > Connolly. Because logic.
It's also quite staggering how our grinder who was picked 101st overall has almost 2x better points and goals scored per game while playing a very physical and defensive role than our all-star sniper picked 6th overall.

I honestly don't even know what can we get for this guy by trading. I don't support the idea of trading him for a late round pick just to trade him, but we really have to move him. I don't mind having him score a good 15 goals on the 4th line during the regular season, but the fact is that regular season doesn't mean anything, playoffs are where it's at. And considering how we are already somewhat weak defensively I really doubt we need a soft sniper who avoids contact and playing defense like a plague on our 4th line. I'd much rather have our 4th line just grind it out, tire their top players out while letting our top guys get some rest without conceding a goal.

That's why I'd much rather package him with a pick or some prospect for a rental defenseman or something. He is also getting a new contract this offseason and considering how he's already 22 he might actually want some "real" money.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get Hosed for posting this, but I can't help but to do it. I was originally planning to bring this up closer to the deadline, but had some time now so figured why not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad