Brent Sopel hates the Hurricanes' home win celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
just a little background on brent sopel. the dude injured himself picking up a cracker once and the nickname "crackers" stuck with him. he lost his everloving mind about it and started complaining to anyone who would listen that he hated the nickname and it hurt his feelings or something. it eventually worked its way out of the realm of public knowledge that it ever happened. that's the kind of killjoy we're dealing with here.

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
Im willing to wager a lot of money that you guys aren't satisfied with your lives to be embarrassed on something that doesn't affect you whatsoever.

They think it's fun, they like it, and yet you still feel the need to be embarrassed for them, lol.

I don't think you understand how the human brain works.

Getting embarrassed for something someone other than yourself does has nothing to do with your own personal life.

Nice try Freud.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Im willing to wager a lot of money that you guys aren't satisfied with your lives to be embarrassed on something that doesn't affect you whatsoever.

They think it's fun, they like it, and yet you still feel the need to be embarrassed for them, lol.

It really amazes me how some in the Hockey world think that their opinions are the absolute truth and everyone should listen to them because they are never wrong and they know everything that is "good for the game". Then when someone "disrespects" what they think is right, they feel the need to be embarrassed for them like you said.

I know this kind of mindset exists in other leagues but my God it festers in the NHL like a plague.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I don't give a shit about the professionalism or anything, I just think they're lame and I don't think a consistently below-average team should be doing them.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I don't think you understand how the human brain works.

Getting embarrassed for something someone other than yourself does has nothing to do with your own personal life.

Nice try Freud.
Explain the flaws with his argument? Why not?

Never heard of self projection?

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don’t have a problem with the celebrations but I do think that it’s kind of ironic how their team is pretty mediocre and well out of a playoff spot and they’re still doing them lol

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Projecting much? :laugh:

My life is just fine thanks. Better than fine actually, 2018 was the best financial year of my life.

Still going to cringe at multimillion dollar athletes doing the equivalent of fortnite dances on ice.

Reactions: amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad