Brent Sopel hates the Hurricanes' home win celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Seldom right, but never in doubt.

No wonder you come across as definitionally ignorant. On not having much to do these days. Oh...There's plenty to do. I come here when I can't sleep or I just need a break from life's demands. It's my online participatory equivalent of solitaire. I take it you're either referring to time stamps or the amount of writing in a reply. Likely with the presumption that it takes a lot of effort and time. That couldn't be further from the truth. "All that writing", lol...I take it, if your preferred information isn't Tweet-sized and provided by Darren Haydar on Twitter then it's just not information, right?

You're battling for Darren Haydar's recognition as a serious hockey personality/mind and at the expense of a point I never actually made. And this, on the matter at hand, above and against an actual NHL award winning coach whose opinion is equally valid, but if held to your inane standard for Haydar over Deveaux, should be held higher. Alas...The value of a win and a few happy mimes on skates trumps reason every time at the PNC Arena, I take it, right?

"It's also cute seeing how little you know about PR." Love the premise, Chuck. If a person doesn't endorse the Hurricanes present PR campaign involving NHL players role-playing for the fans, then that person automatically knows nothing of PR...Riiiiiiiiight, lol.

Duck-Duck, Chuck.
You are so upset about this it’s comical.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
The fact that you presume to be a definitive arbiter of what is appropriate and inappropriate in the game is what's precipitating many of the responses you're getting. You see it as defending the game. Others see it as more akin to intolerance.

Personally, before it started I wouldn't have been a fan of the concept. After seeing it in action, I love it. There may come a point where it becomes old or forced, but it's nowhere near that yet. Vive le Surge!

If that's the case, the guess what? So is everyone else with an opinion on the matter. Rare is the opinion that supports something they think is inappropriate, bad, what have you. It's like having to qualify every time I offer an opinion with, "In my opinion...". Well whose opinion would it be? Similarly, who else is going to be the final authority of my opinion if not me? I'm not claiming to define anyone else's right to an opinion.

And as if to prove the point that most people aren't reading the actual opinion, in validating Deveaux's right to an equal say, I certainly haven't pronounced my authority over his right to opinion, Haydar's right to an opinion or your right to an opinion.

And did you note the sentence before the one you quoted? The one that reads: "I don't begrudge personal expression." Did I need to qualify it to specify that I'm ok with artists painting abstract pieces while disliking much of what passes for abstract art? Similarly, why on Earth would I need to qualify that not resenting personal expression doesn't remove having selectivity within personal expression i.e. the matter at hand.

It disproves your charge. And if doesn't, my statement contrary to your opinion, most certainly disproves the charge. Hopefully it's clear that in speaking on behalf of the game, I take authority over my opinion, not yours and not any other Canes' fan who prefers these post-game activities.

Its a Trap

Wishful thinking, Scrub.

"I'm just here to piss you off."

I'm sure you are. #Goals.
c37a6cc5f88867e5387b8787aaf67afc350b3f37f357ed0a3088241488063bce.jpg

You’re so upset I’m still laughing.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012
c37a6cc5f88867e5387b8787aaf67afc350b3f37f357ed0a3088241488063bce.jpg

You’re so upset I’m still laughing.

So you mean to say, you've been laughing at your self-generated reality, the one you define as a mission, for over ten minutes?

Good for you, boy! Good for you!

#Baby'sAllGrowsUp
#He'sNotDelusionalHe'sMission-Minded!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
If that's the case, the guess what? So is everyone else with an opinion on the matter. Rare is the opinion that supports something they think is inappropriate, bad, what have you. It's like having to qualify every time I offer an opinion with, "In my opinion...". Well whose opinion would it be? Similarly, who else is going to be the final authority of my opinion if not me? I'm not claiming to define anyone else's right to an opinion.

And as if to prove the point that most people aren't reading the actual opinion, in validating Deveaux's right to an equal say, I certainly haven't pronounced my authority over his right to opinion, Haydar's right to an opinion or your right to an opinion.

And did you note the sentence before the one you quoted? The one that reads: "I don't begrudge personal expression." Did I need to qualify it to specify that I'm ok with artists painting abstract pieces while disliking much of what passes for abstract art? Similarly, why on Earth would I need to qualify that not resenting personal expression doesn't remove having selectivity within personal expression i.e. the matter at hand.

It disproves your charge. And if doesn't, my statement contrary to your opinion, most certainly disproves the charge. Hopefully it's clear that in speaking on behalf of the game, I take authority over my opinion, not yours and not any other Canes' fan who prefers these post-game activities.
You've mastered the art of using a thousand words to say nothing. I'm kind of in awe.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012
You've mastered the art of using a thousand words to say nothing. I'm kind of in awe.

I bet you get a lot of "Likes" and "thumbs up" and "retweets" for similarly empty descriptions in exchanges that only ever require empty descriptions. Thanks for adding to the general decline in quality of conversation in Western civilization.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: IamNotADancer

ITM

Jan 26, 2012
You seem upset about something? Who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

I’m really glad my user title bothers you so much too. It’s why I still visit this cesspool.

You’re only the 2nd poster ever to acknowledge it though. This saddens me.

I suspect the "I'm" and the "you" in your Custom Title are one and the same person.

3,711 messages with only two posters noting the obvious idiocy of your HFBoards custom titled raison d'être, and you quip confidently that you've convinced your hard sell of insisting people being upset when they're not is something believable?

Not only are these not the droids you're looking for, It's a Trap, but calling this place a "cesspool" on one hand while you claim you're still laughing in another, only to to claim sadness, sort of undercuts your whole lame schtick now, doesn't it?

Not to worry though, Sport. Other than an obvious inability to maintain heel, your strings work just fine.

Its a Trap

I suspect the "I'm" and the "you" in your Custom Title are one and the same person.

3,711 messages with only two posters noting the obvious idiocy of your HFBoards custom titled raison d'être, and you quip confidently that you've convinced your hard sell of insisting people being upset when they're not is something believable?

Not only are these not the droids you're looking for, It's a Trap, but calling this place a "cesspool" on one hand while you claim you're still laughing in another, only to to claim sadness, sort of undercuts your whole lame schtick now, doesn't it?

Not to worry though, Sport. Other than an obvious inability to maintain heel, your strings work just fine.
Like as idiotic as assuming my user title has been that for my entire time on this board which dates back to 2010?

Forgive me, it’s a Friday night and I’m not completely sober but did you actually just say that I’m only here to piss myself off?

I mean you’re not wrong in that I hate this place quite a lot and wouldn’t be here if not for the fact that I don’t know of any other hockey boards.

As for the whole ‘cesspool’, laughing blah blah blah: clearly I’ve accomplished my current goal as I made you spend time writing up this absolutely ridiculous response. While I laugh this entire time.
Bro you’re so mad it’s amazing :laugh::biglaugh:

And I haven’t even said a word in these last two posts about how great the canes celebration is. I’m actually impressed. You are HUGE MAD.

Btw in case you were curious my previous user titles have been “don’t worry, I don’t like you either”, “you’re a fool if you donate to this website” and many other testy subjects. Which I do specifically to get a rise out of people. And the only one that has ever drawn attention is the current piss you off one.

Something tells me this one is the keeper.

Because you are, again, MAAAAAD AF bro.

But please, take another 4 paragraphs to tell me how you aren’t mad or annoyed.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

Words matter. The sentences "I feel like it's inappropriate for the game" and "It's inappropriate for the game" come across differently, and present the reader with a different impression of the author. You can argue that they shouldn't, but in reality they do. Of course, you're free to express yourself however you wish.

I was going expand on that, but I get a strong sense that you're the type person who NEEDS to be right, in which case I'd be wasting my time. So I'll just say good nighr.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I bet you get a lot of "Likes" and "thumbs up" and "retweets" for similarly empty descriptions in exchanges that only ever require empty descriptions. Thanks for adding to the general decline in quality of conversation in Western civilization.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Alas, I think that it is you, not I, that contributes to the decline of civilized discourse on the World Wide Web, while I keep my comments short and to the point, it is you who produces preposterous pallets of purple prose. Was it not the Bard of Avon who penned ‘brevity is the soul of wit’?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad