Value of: Brenden Dillon to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
If the PK last night proved anything, it's that we are not ok without JBo.
Let's just give it a few games. I'm sure the boys are a lil upset and uneasy with what just happened. Trading kyrou or our first on a knee jerk reaction is not smart

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
My guess would be they ask for a 1st and a conditional 2nd or 3rd. Maybe a middle prospect. They won't get it I would assume, but that would be the starting point.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
When you say a Prospect are you saying a Kyrou/Kostin prospect or a Walman/Perunovich prospect?
I mean if you wanted to give us Kyrou or Kostin I would wouldn’t complain :laugh: I don’t know too much about the Blues prospect pool or how they are valued. The one I’d try to target is Husso but I’d probably settle for Walman. I’d prefer a winger though.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
Paying 1st for guy like this is bad idea. Be a nice add but not at that cost.
Most Sharks fans are expecting a 2nd & a prospect in return for Dillon. That’s what “insiders” like LeBrun have been reporting/speculating. So, ultimately, I imagine the quality of the prospect will be the deciding factor of who ends up with Dillon and if there’s any salary retention from SJ.

Reactions: themelkman

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Isn't he basically like Edmondson and not in a good way?

Just pay the price for Brodin, can't hoard all those prospects forever anyway soon you'll have to start giving a Kyrou or Kostin or Sanford or Barbashev or a whoever away like Fabbri

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The issue is faulk....He's god awful in the D-zone.

Dunn-Petro
Mikkola-Parayko
gunnar-Bortz

and obviously Gunnar can be moved up and down the pairs depending on matchups/situation of the game. Gunnar is criminally underrated around these boards.

Our biggest need is still a top 6 LW....unless Sanford somehow continues doing what he's done the last week in a half.

Reactions: ChuckLefley

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
Most Sharks fans are expecting a 2nd & a prospect in return for Dillon. That’s what “insiders” like LeBrun have been reporting/speculating. So, ultimately, I imagine the quality of the prospect will be the deciding factor of who ends up with Dillon and if there’s any salary retention from SJ.
I would consider a prospect and a 2nd fair value and considering we don't have much time to work with would probably pull the trigger on that. I think Walman and a 4th or a 2nd would get it done but anything else and I think I would have to pass

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
The issue is faulk....He's god awful in the D-zone.

Dunn-Petro
Mikkola-Parayko
gunnar-Bortz

and obviously Gunnar can be moved up and down the pairs depending on matchups/situation of the game. Gunnar is criminally underrated around these boards.

Our biggest need is still a top 6 LW....unless Sanford somehow continues doing what he's done the last week in a half.
I defend Faulk quite a bit but I don't think you are incorrect. I just don't see how our biggest need is a top 6 LW with 91 coming back hopefully before the playoffs. I would say D depth would NOW be our biggest need and Dillon could fill it. Gunnar may be underrated but if he isn't dressing because of some "injury" he doesn't do us any good

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I defend Faulk quite a bit but I don't think you are incorrect. I just don't see how our biggest need is a top 6 LW with 91 coming back hopefully before the playoffs. I would say D depth would NOW be our biggest need and Dillon could fill it. Gunnar may be underrated but if he isn't dressing because of some "injury" he doesn't do us any good
91 plays RW and would play on the Schwartz-Schenn line. We’ve had Kyrou/Thomas/steen/sundqvist revolving door. With vladdy back we have:

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford-ROR-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
Barbs-Sunny/DLR-MacMac/sunny

if we can snag a guy like a Kreider than we would have a fantastic top 6 come playoff time with a bottom 6 that can either fill the net(Thomas line) or shut other teams doen(sunny line).

either way the bottom line for me is I think we need to vastly upgrade on Sanford and hopefully this hot streak has grown his trade value.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Dillon is getting overvalued ITT

He's a 4th/5th D and a UFA to be, I'd be more than happy to get a 3rd or a 4th+prospect for him

I'd also rather send him east

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We have gunnerson mikola Dunn faulk we good.
Gunnarsson is steady, but made of glass. What happens if/when he gets injured again? Are we going into the playoffs with Dunn, Mikkola and Faulk at LD? Faulk is a"converted" RD. Neither he or Dunn are good defensively. Mikkola has played 5 NHL games. I like him, but he's pretty raw to be depended on. I am not as confident as you are about our LD.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have a feeling there is going to be a bidding war for Dillon. I would offer a 2nd and Perunovich/Walman.

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
91 plays RW and would play on the Schwartz-Schenn line. We’ve had Kyrou/Thomas/steen/sundqvist revolving door. With vladdy back we have:

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford-ROR-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
Barbs-Sunny/DLR-MacMac/sunny

if we can snag a guy like a Kreider than we would have a fantastic top 6 come playoff time with a bottom 6 that can either fill the net(Thomas line) or shut other teams doen(sunny line).

either way the bottom line for me is I think we need to vastly upgrade on Sanford and hopefully this hot streak has grown his trade value.
My point with 91 coming back is it fills that gap of a top 6 forward, not necessarily a LW. I just couldn't feel justified splitting from our 1st (maybe more) to upgrade Sanford to Krieder. If he is playing that well we should just keep our assets. I don't see how poor those lines are especially since we just won the SC with lines very similar

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
My point with 91 coming back is it fills that gap of a top 6 forward, not necessarily a LW. I just couldn't feel justified splitting from our 1st (maybe more) to upgrade Sanford to Krieder. If he is playing that well we should just keep our assets. I don't see how poor those lines are especially since we just won the SC with lines very similar

I get that, but without maroon on the Thomas line it’s not the same as last year and one of the biggest flaws (in society) let alone hockey is not continuing to adapt/evolve/change for the better. I don’t think we repeat if we don’t add a Kreider/Hoffman/whoever to that ROR line or give Thomas a competent winger who can finish all the plays he creates.

a lot of things worked out in our favor last year including a good amount of luck, can’t expect that to happen again, which is why I’d like to bolster our offensive attack. I do not want to trade Kyrou, but I can live with moving the 31st overall pick again

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Honestly I could see him getting a second and a decent prospect. Teams won’t wanna give a first in this draft but the bidding might increase the prospect offered. Right handed forward is the ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad