Value of: Brenden Dillon to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Makes perfect sense. He straight up replaces Bouwmeester’s minutes.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
STL fans:

If you're expecting Brenden Dillon to replace Jay Bouwmeester, even 36 year old Jay Bouwmeester, prepare to be disappointed

SJS fans:

If you're expecting pending UFA Brenden Dillon to return a 2nd round pick in a trade, prepare to be disappointed

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
If you're expecting pending UFA Brenden Dillon to return a 2nd round pick in a trade, prepare to be disappointed[/QUOTE]

With all the teams in need of D I’d honestly be shocked if he didn’t get a 2nd in return.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I mean if you wanted to give us Kyrou or Kostin I would wouldn’t complain :laugh: I don’t know too much about the Blues prospect pool or how they are valued. The one I’d try to target is Husso but I’d probably settle for Walman. I’d prefer a winger though.
Husso? Sold. I'll go down to San Antonio and drive him to San Jose for you.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Niko Mikkola.

Not a name that's really well known right now but it will be soon as he takes Bo's minutes over. This was always supposed to happen, just not like this.

Spend a 5th-7th on an MDZ type depth guy and call it a day. Save the real ammo for a winger.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
STL fans:

If you're expecting Brenden Dillon to replace Jay Bouwmeester, even 36 year old Jay Bouwmeester, prepare to be disappointed

SJS fans:

If you're expecting pending UFA Brenden Dillon to return a 2nd round pick in a trade, prepare to be disappointed
I can honestly say we don't need dillon
mikkola will be fine

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Gunnarsson is steady, but made of glass. What happens if/when he gets injured again? Are we going into the playoffs with Dunn, Mikkola and Faulk at LD? Faulk is a"converted" RD. Neither he or Dunn are good defensively. Mikkola has played 5 NHL games. I like him, but he's pretty raw to be depended on. I am not as confident as you are about our LD.

There is no reason to make a knee jerk reaction. Trading kostin or kyrou or our first just shouldn't be an option. I'm sure army is working on something

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

With all the teams in need of D I’d honestly be shocked if he didn’t get a 2nd in return.[/QUOTE]
Dillon is getting a 2. If you want to make case teams should trade 2 for Vatanen or Martinez instead by all means fire away.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
The issue is faulk....He's god awful in the D-zone.

Dunn-Petro
Mikkola-Parayko
gunnar-Bortz

and obviously Gunnar can be moved up and down the pairs depending on matchups/situation of the game. Gunnar is criminally underrated around these boards.

Our biggest need is still a top 6 LW....unless Sanford somehow continues doing what he's done the last week in a half.
Gunnarsson is criminally underrated on every Blues board.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
STL fans:

SJS fans:

When this is shown to be inaccurate, will you be disappointed?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The idea that Dillon wouldn’t get a 2nd rounder for him as that poster suggested is asinine regardless.

Agreed. I just dont see us offering much more than that, especially from a Sharks team that's been depleted for quite some time. That's the variable that I throw a flag at. I'd honestly be surprised if the Sharks got much more than a 2nd for him and to be fair they should.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Isn't he basically like Edmondson and not in a good way?

Just pay the price for Brodin, can't hoard all those prospects forever anyway soon you'll have to start giving a Kyrou or Kostin or Sanford or Barbashev or a whoever away like Fabbri
Nah, we can’t afford to pay that price for Brodin. We already gave away Bokk for Faulk. That deal isn’t looking very good but there’s nothing we can do to reverse it. Doubling down on Brodin isn’t really an option anymore.

And btw we are finding spots for all those guys so I don’t even know what you’re talking about. We absolutely don’t need to give any of them away.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
God people are so mislead. The sharks issues fell with the forwards and the goaltending

Defense is a big part of netminding. If your forwards and netminding suck, then the whole team sucks, especially if your offense includes Burns and EK, who iirc are dmen.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Defense is a big part of netminding. If your forwards and netminding suck, then the whole team sucks, especially if your offense includes Burns and EK, who iirc are dmen.
Honestly since the coaching change, the sharks would be just fine if the roster was healthy. I would expect a big bounce back next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad