Value of: Brenden Dillon to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would. In a heartbeat. Our AHL affiliate situation is up in the air, and I really doubt Perunovich is going to make the jump straight from college to the NHL. At least not on the St. Louis Blues. If Perunovich doesn't have an AHL home that is to his liking, he could opt for Free Agency this summer.
And he is only a junior. He can't opt for FA this summer.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
So far we have heard Florida,Toronto,Winnipeg,Carolina,St Louis,Vegas. Calgary and Edmonton are new but maybes. Thats a decent list of teams
I really don’t see Winnipeg, Florida, or Carolina being realistic. Winnipeg and Florida are not buyers and Carolina has like 4 LHD in their top 6. Toronto needs RHD, but maybe they settle for playing someone on their offside - in which case I can’t imaging they would pay top dollar for a less than ideal fit.

I think you’re basically looking at teams in the pacific division and St. Louis. Does DW have any trading history with Edmonton/Calgary/Vegas? Not saying it couldn’t happen if it hasn’t already, just curious if there’s any precedent.

FWIW I do like Dillon, but if we are going after a LHD I’d prefer Martinez as a player (depending on cost obviously).

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I really don’t see Winnipeg, Florida, or Carolina being realistic. Winnipeg and Florida are not buyers and Carolina has like 4 LHD in their top 6. Toronto needs RHD, but maybe they settle for playing someone on their offside - in which case I can’t imaging they would pay top dollar for a less than ideal fit.

I think you’re basically looking at teams in the pacific division and St. Louis. Does DW have any trading history with Edmonton/Calgary/Vegas? Not saying it couldn’t happen if it hasn’t already, just curious if there’s any precedent.

FWIW I do like Dillon, but if we are going after a LHD I’d prefer Martinez as a player (depending on cost obviously).
Carolina was looking to upgrade their D and have been linked to Dillon. Why won't Florida and Winnipeg be buyers? Winnipeg is 3 points out of the playoffs and Florida is 4, both want a deeper blufeline. Dillon is the type of defensive defensemen who can kill penalties that the leafs could be looking for, and he has played on his offside before. TSN also has him ranked 5th in their trade bait so I don't see how the market for him isn't pretty big.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Carolina was looking to upgrade their D and have been linked to Dillon. Why won't Florida and Winnipeg be buyers? Winnipeg is 3 points out of the playoffs and Florida is 4, both want a deeper blufeline. Dillon is the type of defensive defensemen who can kill penalties that the leafs could be looking for, and he has played on his offside before. TSN also has him ranked 5th in their trade bait so I don't see how the market for him isn't pretty big.
Carolina is interested in RHD, as evidenced by the 4 LHD currently in their top 6 (including both of their bottom pairing) and the trade they just made for a good RHD prospect in Keane. Frankly, Dillon is not enough of an upgrade on what they have to warrant spending a 2nd +. Toronto is in a similar situation, where the cost vs fit does not make sense IMO. Winnipeg have been buyers each of the past 2 deadlines, they have already taken their swings and missed with much better teams than they have currently. Florida MAY be interested, that’s probably SJ’s best bet in the eastern conference.

If you want to read too much into “links” and “reports” that’s your business. I’m trying to objectively look at team need and fit here. Edmonton makes a lot of sense if Klefbom is out for a while. Similarly Calgary is dealing with some injuries on their left side. Vegas is a possibility too, Dillon could be a good fit there. The obvious problem here tho is that those teams where Dillon would be the best fit are all within the same division. How much of a problem that is for DW, I have no idea.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007

Interesting. You prefer a 32 year old, injury prone player, that has a higher cap hit, and has another year at $4m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad