Value of: Brenden Dillon to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Honestly since the coaching change, the sharks would be just fine if the roster was healthy. I would expect a big bounce back next year

*and Dell or another actual starter as the #1.

Jones is playing well in Minny today but has still mostly been a tire fire even after the coach change.

Reactions: themelkman

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Depends on how much we pay for him. With how bad the Sharks are playing this year, how can we tell he's a true top 4 Dman? Their D corps has been terrible.

That question is not asked by someone who watches the player or team. The statement that follows it proves that you don’t.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I'd straight up just ask for Hofer before any kind of pick. Would any STL reps make the move 1 for 1?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd straight up just ask for Hofer before any kind of pick. Would any STL reps make the move 1 for 1?
I'd say no. It's a fair ask, but with the Blues' history of goaltending I doubt they give up Hofer. Allen might be traded this Summer, Binnington is only a year from UFA, and Ville Husso (our AHL goalie who we thought used to be the future) is now struggling. So, it's still murky enough to make us want to keep him as insurance.

Reactions: greasysnapper

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Please no. Way too much for 3rd pairing D.
With our AHL affiliation up in the air, and Perunovich possibly approaching UFA, I think it might be wise to move on from our college star and maybe cut our losses. I still think a 2nd Perunovich/Walman isn't a bad price. Perhaps the pick can be conditional ...? :dunno: As others have stated, Dillon could be a hot commodity at the TDL and we won't be able to afford him anyway.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
With our AHL affiliation up in the air, and Perunovich possibly approaching UFA, I think it might be wise to move on from our college star and maybe cut our losses. I still think a 2nd Perunovich/Walman isn't a bad price. Perhaps the pick can be conditional ...? :dunno: As others have stated, Dillon could be a hot commodity at the TDL and we won't be able to afford him anyway.

I'd hold on for just a bit longer. We have the assets to replace Jaybo with quality and there's no reason to rush that. Sharks aren't the only team in the league with quality Dmen that may go on the move. Pay the right price, get the right guy and don't look back.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
If the PK last night proved anything, it's that we are not ok without JBo.
Could be worse, could have the Leaf's issue's on D lmao.
I think Dillon would look amazing in St. Louis. SJ stinks I would imagine they move him by Trade Deadline.
as a UFA I don't think the asking price would be too killer. but what could get expensive is a bidding war between teams.
this is for the cup. if you think u have a replacement but Dillon is a better choice go after him. always good to have depth for a long playoff run

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Trading our only skilled D prospect would be bad idea.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I get that, but Dunn is only 23, just two years older than Perunovich. I think he will be our top left PMD for a while.
Game has changed. Need more PMDs. I don’t mind if we send 3rd and Walkman or similar low level prospect. To me, Perunovich is off the table unless we get back core type player (we would need to add to him for that obviously) or otherwise someone middle of lineup (like Dillon type maybe) but with multiple years of control.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’d rather play mikkola than trade for Dillon. If a move is made for a LD then for me it would have to be Faulk that waives his ntc and goes. That experiment has been a bust trying him on the left side.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
*and Dell or another actual starter as the #1.

Jones is playing well in Minny today but has still mostly been a tire fire even after the coach change.

Both great points. It seems out team has been playing a lot more fundamentally sound the past couple weeks with all the injuries and with our stripped down lineup.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I kind of wrote this off as a move that wasn’t necessary, but maybe it’s not. The PK needs help.

That this is a discussion is a real indictment on Justin Faulk. I could easily see a 2nd + prospect deal

FacePlate

May 16, 2019
Would a 3rd and Nolan Stevens for Dillon with some retention work?

The problem with that is it does not address what San Jose needs right now, which is to recoup higher draft picks in a deep draft. It's not like there's a huge need to save money this year...

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think it's safe to say the Greene trade is a strong comparable to use. Trade will be based around a 2nd + something else, unless someone else is packaged with Dillon in hopes of getting a first.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think it's safe to say the Greene trade is a strong comparable to use. Trade will be based around a 2nd + something else, unless someone else is packaged with Dillon in hopes of getting a first.
Yeah, that just means a 2nd and some random throw in of no value. That's what pretty much everyone thought his value was.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
Greene got a 2nd and an ok D prospect. Greene is also pretty good on the PK from what I've read.

So a 2nd and a mid to lower prospect for Dillon w/50% retention would get it done?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Yeah, that just means a 2nd and some random throw in of no value. That's what pretty much everyone thought his value was.
Well Dillon is also 8 years younger then Greene so I wouldn't be surprised if a team gives up 2 2nds, with one being conditional on resigning. Or like a conditional 3rd if said team makes the finals/wins cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->