Value of: Brendan Lemieux

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
There has been a lot of chatter around the league on Kreider....but in all fairness as a Bruins fan, I would much prefer them to add a guy like Toffoli and Brendan Lemieux vs Kreider at his estimated price tag.

What does it cost to land BL

Bruins trade
JFK
4th round (conditional if he resigns perhaps a 3)

for

Rangers
Brendan Lemieux

Given the Bruins need grit on the bottom two lines for a playoff run and a top six this would address that need.

Any thoughts?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There has been a lot of chatter around the league on Kreider....but in all fairness as a Bruins fan, I would much prefer them to add a guy like Toffoli and Brendan Lemieux vs Kreider at his estimated price tag.

Bruins trade
JFK

for

Rangers
Brendan Lemieux

Given the Bruins need grit on the bottom two lines for a playoff run and a top six this would address that need.

Any thoughts?

no thanks. Lemieux would make a soft Rangers team more soft. would have to be an overpayment from a Rangers point of view. awful proposal. JFK has thrown in value at this time

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Bruins trade
JFK

for

Rangers
Brendan Lemieux

Any thoughts?

Nothing in that package is enticing enough to pull the trigger

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
It would start at a first round pick.
Zero reason to even entertain moving him for less. He is that important to this team. So that proposal (a throw-in and a 4th) is terrible for the Rangers and an easy hang-up.

this does reflect the way things are

its not that Lemieux is an oh-my-god talent that requires a 1st round pick back

but the balance and edge he provides to the team is central to their game, and would be almost impossible to replace
so to convince NYR to give that up would require a seeming overpayment, an offer NYR could not refuse

OP is trying to construct a 'fair' 'hockey trade' but that does not reflect Lemiex's full value

AND even just considering his trade proposal,
its not enough to offer an older, defected wing prospect, who has not proven he is NHL worthy (or NHL bound) and a middling pick
its classic self-serving twisting of the message,
"we want and need this guy in our team, he will help us win playoff rounds" "
BUT he is "bottom-6" so we will offer only spare parts...
c'mon, you would laugh off a similar proposal if roles were reversed

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
this does reflect the way things are

its not that Lemieux is an oh-my-god talent that requires a 1st round pick back

but the balance and edge he provides to the team is central to their game, and would be almost impossible to replace
so to convince NYR to give that up would require a seeming overpayment, an offer NYR could not refuse

OP is trying to construct a 'fair' 'hockey trade' but that does not reflect Lemiex's full value

AND even just considering his trade proposal,
its not enough to offer an older, defected wing prospect, who has not proven he is NHL worthy (or NHL bound) and a middling pick
its classic self-serving twisting of the message,
"we want and need this guy in our team, he will help us win playoff rounds" "
BUT he is "bottom-6" so we will offer only spare parts...
c'mon, you would laugh off a similar proposal if roles were reversed

Yep.

The only issue I see is that I don't view the OP's proposal to be fair regardless of Lemieux's full value or not. It's a pretty bad proposal, all things considered.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
DeBrusk. need for need hockey trade,
if Boston needs Brendan, pay up,
they're gonna give Brendan some of Louis' kid's ice-time anyway

Exactly what I'd be looking at.

Quinn, fans love Lemiuex. He loves NY. Busts his butt every game, has just enough offensive IQ to get into position for rebounds and deflections.

With Kreider possibly outbound, we cant give up another LW as well.

I'd want DeBrusk or bust. Maybe we add a low level pick but not much else. Even then, I'm not comfortable, but could swallow it.

Pepe Jr has made a hone for himself in NYR in spite of his father's reputation.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Bruins trade
JFK

for

Rangers
Brendan Lemieux

Any thoughts?
Why would that be appealing to the Rangers?

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Why in the world would the Rangers trade an improving/established 23 year old NHL 3rd liner for a regressing and struggling 23 year old who cant even hold his own in Europe and a throwaway pick. Rangers counter with Lias Andersson for that package

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No one is paying a first for Lemieux.
And that's why we're not moving him. His actual trade value is probably 2nd + Prospect. But unless it's a very good prospects offered, I don't think we need to move him yet. He's an RFA, so contract demands can play into settling for actual market value on him.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad