Player Discussion Brendan Lemieux

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He said something to the effect of “we’ll get something done” on Spittin Chiclets

He’s not gonna make much so I’m sure he wants to get signed ASAP before the draft and Gorton potentially moves him lol

Reactions: haveandare

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
its good to hear he loves it here but its pretty much a non-comment...he is a RFA that is too cheap to not be qualified. his options are to get a deal done with us or not play in the nhl, so saying something will get done doesn't mean a deal is close.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
btw during the interview Lemieux RAVES about shesterkin...said that he's so good its like watching a video game

Reactions: will1066

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah just pay the guy something fair already. He works his tail off more than anyone it's not a good look to nickel and dime guys like that to the rest of the team
He's, for the most part, not very effective while working his tail off though. And why is it assumed he works harder than our top guys, because he doesn't produce much and throws the body?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
He's, for the most part, not very effective while working his tail off though. And why is it assumed he works harder than our top guys, because he doesn't produce much and throws the body?
Exactly.

There’s no reason to budge on a single penny for a guy that’s, so far, just been a non-psychopathic version of Dan Carcillo.

Reactions: nyrleetch

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Exactly.

There’s no reason to budge on a single penny for a guy that’s, so far, just been a non-psychopathic version of Dan Carcillo.
lol haha - Car bomb!!

I view players like BL as glue guys that bring necessary grit & character. I don't want the Rangers to overpay but do we have to take this so close to arbitration

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Exactly.

And yet the Rangers always seem to be short on these type of players and are bemoaned as not being built for the playoffs.

I am not saying to break the bank, but eventually you will need to pay these type of players market value (whatever it may be) or never have them. There are reasons why players like Fallon constantly find themselves on playoff teams.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Lemieux is 24. This was the first season he got a continuous amount of NHL ice time. People need some patience. If he develops into a 25 point PIA winger that's valuable to a team looking to make noise in the playoffs. He's not breaking the bank.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
And yet the Rangers always seem to be short on these type of players and are bemoaned as not being built for the playoffs.

I am not saying to break the bank, but eventually you will need to pay these type of players market value (whatever it may be) or never have them. There are reasons why players like Fallon constantly find themselves on playoff teams.

I think he was a big factor in not being able to dress against the Canes.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
And the counter argument would be that he put himself in that position, whether you think his elbow to the head was intentional or not

Yes, when you're that type of player, you always walk the fine line. At the time, no one knew that game was going to wind up being the last regular season game, so that was unfortunate and increased the negative impact of Lemieux's hit. I do believe that the team without Lemieux during those first games in the series was weaker than with him in it. Even team brass admitted that the team was too easy to play against.

Reactions: romba

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And the counter argument would be that he put himself in that position, whether you think his elbow to the head was intentional or not
The same exact thing can be said about any player that plays that way. Think that the Caps do not bemoan the loss of Tom Wilson when not in the lineup? Brendan's dad was the same way. Those types of hits are going to happen at some point when your team has those type of players. And those type of players are what all teams look for in the playoffs.

Reactions: pld459666

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Dan Carcillo overperformed during his stay here. He wasn't bad.
F57UBck.gif

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
The same exact thing can be said about any player that plays that way. Think that the Caps do not bemoan the loss of Tom Wilson when not in the lineup? Brendan's dad was the same way. Those types of hits are going to happen at some point when your team has those type of players. And those type of players are what all teams look for in the playoffs.
Exactly - those awful hits are rarely intentional. As Lemieux explained recently - when you play to the edge and make say 200 or 300 hits a year a couple are going to wind up like that. It's a fast game, and things happen in real time that look bad when watched in slow motion ad naseum. It's not an excuse as it needs to be punished, but it is just reality.

We need players like Brendan and he has a chance to be decent if his offense develops, which it might.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
A non-psychopathic version of Dan Carcillo sounds pretty valuable to me.

Oh no, sometimes you want the psycho. Sometimes you need the psycho. That Ranger team with Carcillo on it went to the Stanley Cup. He played an effective role when called about. Had too many hard miles on his body to be an everyday player, but he laid it out on the line. You need your grinders to play like they want to lay it on the line.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Oh no, sometimes you want the psycho. Sometimes you need the psycho. That Ranger team with Carcillo on it went to the Stanley Cup. He played an effective role when called about. Had too many hard miles on his body to be an everyday player, but he laid it out on the line. You need your grinders to play like they want to lay it on the line.
He was suspended for six games in the last two rounds.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He was suspended for six games in the last two rounds.

I didn't have a problem with that. Guy did what he had to do to help the team win. Any way he could. He got an opportunity and he made the most of it by laying it all out there and stepping up for his team while they went on a cup run. There's nothing more that you could have asked.

That Ranger team was out of the playoff picture until what December? Dorsett was getting beat left and right. Once they added Carcillo you had the depth to role an effective 4th line. You could rest guys who were banged up. Suspension terms like that tells me that teams need more depth. You win with depth. You win when guys are doing their job. Car bomb did his. So did Dorsett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad