Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux signs one year deal.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Honestly I'd have rathered they somehow get him on a longer deal. Cap space isnt there I know but I'd like him to be part of the plan for some grit. Hopefully they can get a reasonable deal done after this year.

Reactions: LokiDog and Kallio

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I’m thrilled. Really liked what I saw from BL. And I think he is an important part of this team. Feel like he gets a little lost in the sea of all our shiny, new young guys.
No doubt Lemieux will quickly become a fan favorite. In the mold of a Callahan but bigger and stronger and just as scrappy. And mind you he has put up some points in the minors. He is basically only a second year pro with room to grow.

Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Honestly I'd have rathered they somehow get him on a longer deal. Cap space isnt there I know but I'd like him to be part of the plan for some grit. Hopefully they can get a reasonable deal done after this year.
I think for now the one year is the best option. He's not going anywhere. But yeah, I feel ya, I too believe he will be a good Ranger going forward. Fans are going to love him. He will be noticeable everytime on the ice, just like Callahan was.

Last edited:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I clicked this thread and HFBoards asked if I wanted to get free emails. Then I posted about it, because I say all my thoughts out loud.

HFBoards wants to email you the best of HFBoards. So, naturally, that means getting emails about threads and posts by that Zuccarello fanboy.

Deleted member 23124

No doubt Lemieux will quickly become a fan favorite. In the mold of a Callahan but bigger and stronger and just as scrappy. And mind you he has put up some points in the minors. He is basically only a second year pro with room to grow.
I was thinking more like Fotiu....

Reactions: ohbaby

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Lemieux scored a bunch of goals with a high shooting percentage, yet to be seen what kind of offense he can produce consistantly. I liked some of what I saw of him both on the Jets and Rangers, when he's playing like an agitator he's an effective player but sometimes he just blanks out and takes a stupid run at someone and puts his team down. If he can eliminate the gaffes mostly, he'll be a good bottom 6 player.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I liked some of what I saw of him both on the Jets and Rangers, when he's playing like an agitator he's an effective player but sometimes he just blanks out and takes a stupid run at someone and puts his team down. If he can eliminate the gaffes mostly, he'll be a good bottom 6 player.
That makes him pretty much no different as his dad. And his dad should be in the HOF.

Lemieux can be a belligerent force in the middle two lines. Sergio Mommeso.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I hope he stops using the invisible stick.

Actually, maybe it fools the goalies. Maybe the whole team should use it.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Very happy about this. He's a unique player within this organization and in the NHL today

Yup...he's pretty much the only piece of sand paper we got tho Trouba looks like he'll add some as well.

We have our uber stars and "sexy" skilled forwards but I've thought this since we got him, Lemieux's skill set combined with grit is going to be an essential and necessary piece for this team's success this year and going forward.

He'll be our "Andrew Shaw" withought the slew foots...lol

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We have our uber stars and "sexy" skilled forwards but I've thought this since we got him, Lemieux's skill set combined with grit is going to be an essential and necessary piece for this team's success this year and going forward.
But can he be a "heartbeat?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I wonder what the main factors were for the Rangers increasing the offer? Maybe they appreciated that he came in a month ahead of time to work with Prentiss and get into shape? Who knows. Glad he's done, though.
May be, just may be. Shows he is motivated and I for one am expecting some really good things from Lemieux.

Talking pennies from a player in which his Dad is already set. He doesn't NEED those pennies per sé, and probably was given great advice from Claude.

A shame Tony's Dad didn't play......hockey anyway, who knows.
Tony is still fighting for pennies, maybe he deserves more, but that isn't the way it works.

Pretty sure I would be living much more comfortably with 950k, I could deal with that for one more year. Wake up Tony.

Good for Brendan. Smart, very smart. He is my call on a player NOT ending up on the 4th line all season. Players get injured and good play is rewarded. He certainly will get PT on 3rd and maybe even 2nd at some point

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hehe love being right. SIGH THIS GUY LONG TERM NOW

What I said on the post game thread and have said since the beginning of the season. Gorton needs to sign him either before the season ends and give him an extension or after the year.

The guy is heart and soul of the team. He's very unique as he has the sandpaper the team needs but also has underrated offensive skills.

I truly believe Lemieux has 20-20 upside and if you combine that with the disturber element that he has, that is a very valuable piece for this team moving forward.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I truly believe Lemieux has 20-20 upside and if you combine that with the disturber element that he has, that is a very valuable piece for this team moving forward.
This is not far fetched at all. Some want to short change him, but he was essentially a late first round pick. Good skill, solid hands.

Lemieux is a tougher, if somewhat less irritating version of his dad. And if I was running a team, I would take 10 of his dads if I could.

The type of player that is loved in his own locker room and hated in the other.

On this team? He actually brings the fight to the other team. His bout with Wilson did a lot. It will not deter Wilson at all from doing what he does best, but it makes the players on Brendas' team feel a lot better knowing that there is an answer.

I have said it before and will continue to pound the table. Lemieux is more talented than Wilson and will be the more effective player in the long term. And for those that cried "he will get annihilated by Wilson", the reality came out. If Wilson keeps him to the outside, sure, the advantage is his . Big time. But if Lemieux gets on the inside, Wilson's wingspan is no longer an advantage and may the less tougher man loose. And Lemieux is one tough sob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad