Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux signs one year deal.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
? I mean...he's been pretty underwhelming this season aside from like 3 or 4 games...
Not at all. Not sure how you came that that conclusion. Aside from a slow start of 4-5 games he has been a very effective player. Not only does he have 9 points in the last 15 games he's been very effective still when he isn't putting points up.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Not at all. Not sure how you came that that conclusion. Aside from a slow start of 4-5 games he has been a very effective player. Not only does he have 9 points in the last 15 games he's been very effective still when he isn't putting points up.
I'd say the 9 in 15 is almost surprising because I'll be honest... I'm usually more focused on him being gassed halfway thru a normal shift.

I like him..he's a solid player...I just feel like he's been more miss than hit this season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm a lemieux Fan... I like him a lot .. but it's weird after 1 or 2 good games people are touring him as the Messiah... He's been quite poor most nights

No he hasn’t. He has been making plays that were available. Execution was pretty acceptable and is getting better. Some unlucky bounces and yeah maybe there’s been more offensive opportunities generated lately but he’s in the same boat as Chytil, Howden and Andersson at forward and he’s been no worse than second among these sophomores.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No he hasn’t. He has been making plays that were available. Execution was pretty acceptable and is getting better. Some unlucky bounces and yeah maybe there’s been more offensive opportunities generated lately but he’s in the same boat as Chytil, Howden and Andersson at forward and he’s been no worse than second among these sophomores.
Would be interesting to see some relative stats. This may be the case of my eye test just being wrong.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Subtract Kakko on PP and that’s primary Lemieux’s partner along with Howden.

Exactly and when Quinn put Lemieux alongside Kakko and Howden, it coincided pretty much exactly when Lemieux's game started to morph. In fact, it is Lemieux who has been a big reason why Kakko's game started to come around.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This is not far fetched at all. Some want to short change him, but he was essentially a late first round pick. Good skill, solid hands.

Lemieux is a tougher, if somewhat less irritating version of his dad. And if I was running a team, I would take 10 of his dads if I could.

The type of player that is loved in his own locker room and hated in the other.

On this team? He actually brings the fight to the other team. His bout with Wilson did a lot. It will not deter Wilson at all from doing what he does best, but it makes the players on Brendas' team feel a lot better knowing that there is an answer.

I have said it before and will continue to pound the table. Lemieux is more talented than Wilson and will be the more effective player in the long term. And for those that cried "he will get annihilated by Wilson", the reality came out. If Wilson keeps him to the outside, sure, the advantage is his . Big time. But if Lemieux gets on the inside, Wilson's wingspan is no longer an advantage and may the less tougher man loose. And Lemieux is one tough sob.

Ya see Blue...you and I can agree on something afterall...lol

In all seriousness, apparently we are on the same page as far as Lemieux is concerned.From what I recall of his Dad, I'm not so sure he's as good or has as much of a skill set as his Dad or if he has as high of a ceiling as Papa Lemieux did. But no question, he's a much tougher and nasty guy to have to play against. From the scraps I've seen of him, it's not even close to who is the better fighter as his Dad was not the type to even get into fights tho he had a reputation of being as you say very "irritating" to play against.

If he can continue to play with Kakko and Howden which is questionable when Zibs gets back as Quinn might put Kakko with Zibs and keep the Panarin, Strome, Fast trio together, I really believe Lemieux could approach the 15-15 area with over 100 PIMS and has upside down the road like I mentioned to be a 20-20 type guy with his disturber element which will be crucial to future success for the Rangers going forward.

We'll see how it pans out but I love what I'm seeing from him and I have to say that tho I love most of the Rangers roster, my two favorites are Lemieux and Chytil.

Let the good times continue to roll for Mr. Lemieux....:nod:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Would be interesting to see some relative stats. This may be the case of my eye test just being wrong.

I don't have the empirical data to prove it but like a few others in here have mentioned to you, Lemieux has been very noticeable, engaged, pulling off effectively his disturber antics and been surprisingly dangerous offensively showing a skill set and speed that quite frankly I didn't know he had.

I'd estimate that in 80% maybe even more of the games he has played in since Quinn benched him and made him a healthy scratch in I think the 4th or 5th game of the season, Lemieux has been one of the better Ranger players on the ice night in night out.

It's funny but I recall thinking to myself after the Canadian game last night when I voted him one of the top 3 stars on our Post game thread, I thought to myself that I seem to be voting for Lemieux alot lately as almost every night he's in the mix for one of my 3 votes...hah.

So yeah and this is not a criticism, but maybe your eye test has been a little off on him. He's been very good for us so far and I really hope that Gorton and he come to an agreement after the season so that he can remain a Ranger for a very long time going forward.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If he keeps this up, I’d be comfortable giving him $2.5 x 3, but maybe I’m being greedy. This is based on Fast (also third line player) earning less than $2MM but being older than Lemieux and Kreider (LW PF) being substantially more skilled than Lemieux and earning less than $5MM. Comps aren’t perfect — but that’s just my rationale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad