Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux (2014, 31st) – '14-15: Barrie #21 (OHL) – 2015: Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
What's his downside, realistically speaking? He's been compared to Kaleta in that he likes to stir the pot and play the body, but he's got way better hands. So he's pretty much a lock for at least a 4th line role when it's all said and done?

Last edited:

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
I am going to be accused that I have an aversion towards foreign players, but that is 100 percent incorrect.

We just have way too many soft, me first European players in the mix. Very few can project to the NHL style. Copying Detroit just doesn't work.

Murray is finally drafting players we so needed badly, and that is North American players, which is something this team lacks. Reiger had this fascination with European players, players who are mostly me first players.
Thank you TM.
Thank God Barbeshev was not our pick.

So much wrong with this post, it's hard to know where to even begin...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
What's his downside, realistically speaking? He's been compared to Kaleta in that he likes to stir the pot and play the body, but he's got way better hands. So he's pretty much a lock for at least a 4th line role when it's all said in done?

Downside is he could end up a 4th liner. I think that, yeah, he's at least going to be that in the league. Good chance he becomes a solid third-liner. Outside chance he can be a second-liner, but I wouldn't project that myself. If he has a good development year then I'll change that. He's a good prospect, one who is more likely to be a factor on his team than most of the other 2nd rounders, but who also doesn't have the upside some of them do. The edge he brings is something I'll gladly take in the system.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Downside is he could end up a 4th liner. I think that, yeah, he's at least going to be that in the league. Good chance he becomes a solid third-liner. Outside chance he can be a second-liner, but I wouldn't project that myself. If he has a good development year then I'll change that. He's a good prospect, one who is more likely to be a factor on his team than most of the other 2nd rounders, but who also doesn't have the upside some of them do. The edge he brings is something I'll gladly take in the system.
Agreed--while I think he has a bit (not a lot, just a bit) more upside than a lot of others in this thread, this is pretty much my assessment as well.

I'm NOT making the direct comparison, just saying that one scouting report I read sounded exactly like a description of Dustin Brown's game.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Agreed--while I think he has a bit (not a lot, just a bit) more upside than a lot of others in this thread, this is pretty much my assessment as well.

I'm NOT making the direct comparison, just saying that one scouting report I read sounded exactly like a description of Dustin Brown's game.

I would agree, to me his highest upside is Dustin Brown/Hartnell/Marchand

KennyFnPowers*

Can I cross reference anyone who hates this pick with people who want Steve Ott re-signed?

its a free country, you can link any two arbitrary points together until you turn blue in the face...

KennyFnPowers*

I am going to be accused that I have an aversion towards foreign players, but that is 100 percent incorrect.

We just have way too many soft, me first European players in the mix. Very few can project to the NHL style. Copying Detroit just doesn't work.

Murray is finally drafting players we so needed badly, and that is North American players, which is something this team lacks. Reiger had this fascination with European players, players who are mostly me first players.
Thank you TM.
Thank God Barbeshev was not our pick.

No, you make great points all around here. Thx for saying what so many wussies are too afraid to. Thank God Darcy's sissy a$$ is gone!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
No, you make great points all around here. Thx for saying what so many wussies are too afraid to. Thank God Darcy's sissy a$$ is gone!

So people are wussies if they don't judge a person based on his ethnicity or nationality? There are more "soft" Canadians in the NHL than "soft" Europeans.

I can't wait until we get rid of soft Euro pansies like Girgensons, Zadorov, Ristolainen, and Larsson.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
So people are wussies if they don't judge a person based on his ethnicity or nationality? There are more "soft" Canadians in the NHL than "soft" Europeans.

I can't wait until we get rid of soft Euro pansies like Girgensons, Zadorov, Ristolainen, and Larsson.

And I'm glad Myers isn't playing like that super soft Chara guy that Boston has.

KennyFnPowers*

Nope. that's not what I mean at all. I was mostly referring to when Tim Murray put it so eloquently the other day when he said something along the lines of '[The Russian factor means] certain (Russian) players simply have the advantage over all the others coming into the league - they can leave if they choose to do so'

That's all i was referring to actually. Nothing to do with race or ethnicity. The "Russian Factor" is real, there's no getting around it - some (Russian) players can leave whenever they want if they choose to "wuss-out" and go home w/ their ball to the KHL.

Why do people always jump right into race-baited arguments these days? We should take it a lot easier on each other... life it just too tough for most people already. No use baulking at them and trying to bait them into a (meaningless) online forum argument.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Seemed awfully immature in those interviews.

If this is how he handles going #31, I'm gonna hate to see how he handles not getting top minutes, not getting his contract demands, etc.

Not really particularly excited about his character.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Nope. that's not what I mean at all. I was mostly referring to when Tim Murray put it so eloquently the other day when he said something along the lines of '[The Russian factor means] certain (Russian) players simply have the advantage over all the others coming into the league - they can leave if they choose to do so'

That's all i was referring to actually. Nothing to do with race or ethnicity. The "Russian Factor" is real, there's no getting around it - some (Russian) players can leave whenever they want if they choose to "wuss-out" and go home w/ their ball to the KHL.

Why do people always just right into race-baited arguments these days? We should take it a lot easier on each other... life it just too tough for most people already. No use baulking at them and trying to bait them into a (meaningless) online forum argument.

Uhh, you agreed with a post disparaging European players as "soft, me-first," saying the poster made "good points all around." And then you called Darcy Regier a sissy, presumably for taking these soft Europeans.

If you want to rethink that, great. But he wasn't exactly putting words in your mouth or "race-baiting" an argument.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

If this is how he handles going #31, I'm gonna hate to see how he handles not getting top minutes, not getting his contract demands, etc.

You're really going to make grand pronouncements about his character based on this? Granted you we not happy when the drafted him and not Barby. So I suppose I should expect potshots.

KennyFnPowers*

I saw that too.. did you notice how he tuned it down tho in each subsequent interview after that? it was a little weird, but he's a brat right now. it would also be impossible to know how dejected an 18yr old son of a former ALL STAR NHL PLAYER kid would be after he failed to make the big stage on day 1 of his draft year in the 1st round... it's night and day difference (1st-30th and 31st) - they dont show your family on TV, you get paid a little less, and the BIG part is you probably aren't going to start in the NHL next year because they liked another kid more thank you @1st-30th.

So... I dont even care to think how he might've felt, or what was going through his head right then and there. B-bygons...

However, I am stoked that Murray & Co. took his Canadian a$$ instead of Barbashev (who I thought I amateurishly wanted on Day 1) - I think time will show Murray picked the right kid over the long haul. If he's 1/2 the player his dad was... we still get a few cups out of it ; ) DA DUM TSSSH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Certainly something to keep an eye on....but I'm not worried at this point.

KennyFnPowers*

Uhh, you agreed with a post disparaging European players as "soft, me-first," saying the poster made "good points all around." And then you called Darcy Regier a sissy, presumably for taking these soft Europeans.

If you want to rethink that, great. But he wasn't exactly putting words in your mouth or "race-baiting" an argument.

I'm NOT Gonna Debate You, JERRY!

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
You're really going to make grand pronouncements about his character based on this? Granted you we not happy when the drafted him and not Barby. So I suppose I should expect potshots.

I mean, some moments in life are revealing of character. Getting picked #31 in the draft should be a dream for most people - especially a kid like him, who most people didn't even rate as a first-rounder anyways.

I would say that about him whether I wanted him or not. And I'm not the only person to say it.

It's not a grand pronouncement either - just an observation and a red flag.

KennyFnPowers*

I mean, some moments in life are revealing of character. Getting picked #31 in the draft should be a dream for most people - especially a kid like him, who most people didn't even rate as a first-rounder anyways.

I would say that about him whether I wanted him or not. And I'm not the only person to say it.

It's not a grand pronouncement either - just an observation and a red flag.

You are cold as ice saan! You're dripping w/ hate juice! somebody get this man some clothes!

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I think if NJ had taken Barbashev at pick 30....the majority of the board would be raving about this pick right now. I for one wanted Barbashev but am good with Lemieux moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad