Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux (2014, 31st) – '14-15: Barrie #21 (OHL) – 2015: Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Don't know if anyone seen this but a little look inside Lemieux and his competitive fiery attitude.

Pretty cool. I like his personality. He seems like the kind you hate playing against and hate hearing chirp unless he's on your side. Teams need that kind of player.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
And then the guy sounds like an entitled brat....I'm not surprised.

Sports is one of those disciplines where confidence and cockiness are virtues, or at least by-products of the environment when people find success. So there is probably a little of that. I'm sure this kid is entitled. He's lived a life of opportunity and I'm sure his father provided breaks for him that were not there for other kids with similar skill. That's just how it is. He was also probably guided at a young age around nutrition and conditioning, and this would give him an edge. It also makes him a stronger professional in the long run as the proper habits were cultivated at a younger age. That's good for the Sabres. In the end though, he's just a kid and will mature. Entitled, cocky, arrogant - who cares as long as he's a good player. We're not eating Thanksgiving dinner with these people, they are providing entertainment.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
LEMIEUX A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK
Brendan Lemieux wants to follow closely in his father's footsteps

Brendan Lemieux wants to be hated.

The Buffalo Sabres second-round pick of the 2014 NHL Draft is just like his father Claude in that regard.

“I’m proud of the way he played and how hated he was,†Lemieux said. “I just love that about him. I think that I definitely want to follow in his footsteps.â€

He’s expected to attend the Sabres’ Development Camp next week which runs from July 14-18. The annual Blue & Gold Scrimmage will take place on Tuesday, July 15 at 7 p.m. and the week will end with a 3-on-3 tournament Friday morning.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
“I definitely want to follow in his footsteps and I want to be that guy that can really step up in the playoffs and really be that playoff performer,” he said. “Because to me, that’s what’s most important is the postseason. That’s the kind of player I want to be. I want to come up big when it counts.” - Brandon Lemieux
When talking about his dad and the type of player he wants to be.. that's what we need. Loved that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad