Player Discussion Brendan Leipsic's Instagram discussion | Update, 5/8/2020: Placed on waivers to terminate contract

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Some of Brendan Leipsic's Instagram messages have been revealed.

He was part of a group chat and the messages show him making fun of & insulting current and former teammates, insulting women, & making pro-drug comments.

Seems like he is going to be in some hot water.

This account has posts and stories of the messages. Look through both - not a good look at all.

https://www.instagram.com/angelszeee2020/

Seems like a complete loser.

EDIT: The page has just been deleted. I will try and retrieve screenshots. Leipsic has also deleted his Instagram.

Does anyone have screenshots of the stories and messages that they can post?

Last edited:

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
The page has just been deleted. I will try and retrieve screenshots. Leipsic has also deleted his Instagram.

Does anyone have screenshots of the stories and messages that they can post?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Links on reddit -

Should these genuinely be messages sent or endorsed by Leipsic - and I stress that at this point they appear to be unverified, and therefore alleged only - I can’t imagine a player coming back to the NHL, let alone their current team, after. For a guy lacking any particular offensive or defensive gifts - very much competent as an NHL body only - it’s hard to see how any suspension, apology, community service or otherwise would save that player’s career, at least in North America. And even if you were a talented and important player, it would take a LOT to come back from those kinds of remarks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD and Ed Wood

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
If that’s truly his posting, then LOL. We are seeing exhibit A, B, and C as to why he can’t stick anywhere. He’s a decent enough little player. Fringy type that can make a difference in spurts.

If he’s that big of an asshat, then no wonder he’s a journeyman.

Overall, f*** him. I was happy when the team added enough players to have him eat nachos every night. Won’t miss him

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
He said a bunch of dumb shit, but, I think the end of him will be shitting on Dowd, Hathaway, and Wilson, as well as many other fellow players and former teammates. Alienating himself from other players is going to make him unwelcome in many locker rooms.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Dumb, not surprising, just dumb.

edit: I take that back, him talking about current teammates....he should be released.....what a moron.

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
He said a bunch of dumb shit, but, I think the end of him will be shitting on Dowd, Hathaway, and Wilson, as well as many other fellow players and former teammates. Alienating himself from other players is going to make him unwelcome in many locker rooms.
Where was the message about Wilson?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
  • Likes derogatory/racist comments
  • Fat and body-shames
  • General misogyny
  • Targets other players’ wives and families
  • Rips into former and current teammates
  • Quite openly refers to using coke and potentially other drugs

That violates a number of standards, and goes against a number of diversity and inclusion programmes/campaigns both the Capitals and the League run. It’s very hard to see why any effort at all to redeem a player of this calibre and usefulness would be justified. Indeed, anything less than a suspension and intervention for him would clearly indicate the team and league don’t view these as issues, and regardless I can’t imagine why any team would want to hand a contract to someone who views teammates this way.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’m not sure how much trouble he can get into if someone hacked him and leaked private messages

In the case when it happened with Donald Sterling it absolutely wrecked his career.

Either way he’s a dumb ass for posting that stuff online and letting it get re-posted to a public account

Also seeing he’s a terrible person I can see someone he burned wanting to get that out to the public

Reactions: peterthegreat12

Jun 15, 2007
The worst messages weren't him, so silver lining. Anyway I think 80% of young men say this kind of stuff with their friends in private.

He'll probably be released, especially because of the comment about teammates. That one is completely bizarre to me, unless it's ironic.

Oh well, he wasn't a great player anyway.

Jun 15, 2007
Between Wilson's on ice reputation, Hathaway's spitting and dodgy father and now this, Caps seems to have a lot of hated players (by other fanbases). I don't particularly care but I think it's funny that every fanbase thinks their team is full of character guys when in reality, most athletes are probably douchebags.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
He called Dowd and Hathaway losers. He also made some comments about Wilson’s girl. It’s in the messages.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Seems like a jerk but not a fan of private messages like these getting posted in public. Privacy is a basic right that is constantly being violated. That’s the bigger issue than some dumb dude spouting off dumb stuff to his buddies imo.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad