Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Gaunce called up

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I heard Willie wants to play him alongside Weber and turn him into a physical, hard banging defensive D.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Oh joy.....
Instead of big minutes in Utica with success he'll get 5 min a game as part of our "playoff push"
I'd rather keep the kids away from this junk..... Shame we can just send virtanen and McCann down to Utica

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Oh joy.....
Instead of big minutes in Utica with success he'll get 5 min a game as part of our "playoff push"
I'd rather keep the kids away from this junk..... Shame we can just send virtanen and McCann down to Utica

Can you name the last player to get no more than 5 mins in game that wasn't due to injury?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Stinks of a PR move to stem the lynch mob heading down to the Rog.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Good to see. Gaunce and Zalewski are the two most ready to play (and that includes Shinkaruk). Grenier has taken a step back this year.

CorySchneids

May 3, 2015
1314185416_nobones_dance.gif

This is phenomenal

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Hope Gaunce plays well he is a good kid.

To bad they are using him to try to put out their tire fire, after the deadline fiasco.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good. He should have been given much longer up here after looking so good in his first stint. Is probably better right now that 5 guys they've been playing regularly.

Unfortunately they'll prob use him at wing instead of center but it's better than nothing.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Unfortunately they'll prob use him at wing instead of center but it's better than nothing.

Hasn't he been playing wing for the majority of the year in the AHL? I thought he has more or less been converted to LW since turning pro?

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Hasn't he been playing wing for the majority of the year in the AHL? I thought he has more or less been converted to LW since turning pro?

They switched him out of necessity I think after Vey got called up. He started to really turn it on once they let him play centre. Go figure.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

He was put back at his natural position a month or so ago and - surprise! - completely took off and is playing the best hockey of his career.

Thankfully he seems to be a good enough prospect with a good enough head on his shoulders to be able to rise above how terribly he's been handled by this idiot regime.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Good. He should have been given much longer up here after looking so good in his first stint. Is probably better right now that 5 guys they've been playing regularly.

Not exactly uncommon for young centers to break in on the wing. So far all tbe developmental moves this organization has made re: Gaunce have turned out golden. I'm confident they will do what's best for the player, even if it's not what some fans prefer.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
They switched him out of necessity I think after Vey got called up. He started to really turn it on once they let him play centre. Go figure.

He was put back at his natural position a month or so ago and - surprise! - completely took off and is playing the best hockey of his career.

And after he was given a thorough, thorough lambasting by one of the Utica posters here :laugh:

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
don't have a clue why him or Zalewski couldn't be given a chance to be 4th line centre for the Canucks. I really don't understand that Granlund deal. it just makes zero sense to me.

Traded away a top end propsect, even if we had given up on him, for a guy we are going to play as a 4th line centre? Vey does that job fine if we are just looking for a small centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad