Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Wow look at how long ago the threads are on this page. It is really weird how he is one of the least talked about Habs. Really only when he's doing bad. Kind of like Price but more so. Looks like back to back 30 goal seasons for him. What a beast.

He literally never has a bad game. You get the same thing from Gally every shift and he always comes off the ice like hes about to die. Hes the one player you really can't complain about ever which is why this thread stays so quiet lol.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
An underrated/underappreciated element of having Gallagher on the team is the contagious impact he has on his teammates; seeing your teammate working so hard makes the other players sort of implicitly accountable to at least attempt to compete just as hard. I don't think it is pure coincidence that the team having the hardest working player is also the hardest working team out there. He is worth much more than what he is currently being paid at.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
An underrated/underappreciated element of having Gallagher on the team is the contagious impact he has on his teammates; seeing your teammate working so hard makes the other players sort of implicitly accountable to at least attempt to compete just as hard. I don't think it is pure coincidence that the team having the hardest working player is also the hardest working team out there. He is worth much more than what he is currently being paid at.

Not a flashy player,but like a bulldog on a bone,a lot of fight in that guy.Playing with a player like that,it inspires the rest to work your ass off,good for him!!!!!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Still remember his performance in the 2012 WJC in the semi final against Russia. Canada almost tied the game, from a 5 goal deficit. Gallagher was the spark that lit up that team. A couple of great shifts got the team going.

Every time he does that for us, I always think about that game.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The Habs are starting to have a number of them: Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Byron, Shaw, Weber. These players create a team culture and buy into a system. Have enough of them and you build a team capable of functioning simultaneously close to their peak production rates. Likely a team with the proper environment for young players to develop in as well.

The problem is, cup contenders have players who are like that, but are also elite offensive players. We still need some of those.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
The Habs are starting to have a number of them: Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Byron, Shaw, Weber. These players create a team culture and buy into a system. Have enough of them and you build a team capable of functioning simultaneously close to their peak production rates. Likely a team with the proper environment for young players to develop in as well.

The problem is, cup contenders have players who are like that, but are also elite offensive players. We still need some of those.
I agree. The combination of the significant increase of the team's overall speed coupled with the leadership shown by these players has given us a team that is both enjoyable to watch and feared by others. That 'fear' is palpable when you go on the forums' of the other teams that may face Montreal in the playoffs. That's what speed does. It's the great evener. Let us hope that Bergevin is mindful of this over the next few days and avoids any transaction(s) that reverse this positive and continuing transformation.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Another goal for Gally, shows how we take him for granted when he’s on page 3. He makes every player better on his line. Shame he doesn’t shine enough to have his number retired. He’s made a difference despite his size saying he should never make it to the NHL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Another goal for Gally, shows how we take him for granted when he’s on page 3. He makes every player better on his line. Shame he doesn’t shine enough to have his number retired. He’s made a difference despite his size saying he should never make it to the NHL

Now that he's in his prime, his hands have healed, and he's playing with good players, his numbers should continue to grow.

He's a 35-40 goal guy. When he gets those numbers he'll get his recognition league wide and finally an all-star appearance. He should have been our rep last year.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

bolded do not belong in that group. They do not "spark" the team, or very rarely.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
bolded do not belong in that group. They do not "spark" the team, or very rarely.
Lol. Ok man Weber doesn’t spark the team is just ludicrous but you said it so it must be true.
You spew so much bs to get your agenda across

Damn right Weber sparks the team. Look at their record since he’s been back. His leadership sparks them. The dressing room is strong cause of great leadership that Weber brings
Keep spewing your shit. You may eventually get something right like Eklund

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Lol. Ok man Weber doesn’t spark the team is just ludicrous but you said it so it must be true.
You spew so much bs to get your agenda across

Damn right Weber sparks the team. Look at their record since he’s been back. His leadership sparks them. The dressing room is strong cause of great leadership that Weber brings
Keep spewing your ****. You may eventually get something right like Eklund
then you'd have no problems privinding multiple evidence of him sparking the team in some way right ? something he did ? on the ice you know ?

Nope, you just can't, just the mythical intangibles again... aint that convenienent, what Weber is renowned for it's something nobody can see, nobody can explain, nobody can measure... we'll just have to take other people's word for it.

Everybody has evidence of him being a good goal scorer, everybody has evidence of him hitting hard, but leadership ? nobody has anything but hearing others saying he's a good leader... looks like I'm not the one spewing bull here...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Both perfectly fit in what I was referring to. You're not very good at understanding points, which is okay, but you shouldn't use quotation marks of something that hasn't been written. Nobody used the work spark but you, so I dont know who or what you're arguing.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Both perfectly fit in what I was referring to. You're not very good at understanding points, which is okay, but you shouldn't use quotation marks of something that hasn't been written. Nobody used the work spark but you, so I dont know who or what you're arguing.
so what ? you don't understant what people are replying unless they re-use the very same words ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad