Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Gallagher has as many goals as McDavid or Stamkos....who would have thunk it?

He's been one of the best players in the NHL at generating scoring chances for basically 3 years now. He needed to get healthy and play with guy like Hudon (who has been excellent at gaining the zone), but it isn't surprising that he's producing. I'd love to see what he and Huds can do with a center that could provide offense, but unfortunately Plekanec is mostly a shutdown C now.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
He's my mom's favourite player.
He's my dad's favourite player.
He's my wife's favourite player (since Eller's gone).

He's OK. I must say.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
So glad he's back to being a top six forward.

We really need top six forwards. I was happy when we got Radulov, but it was a disappointing period as Plekanec and Gallagher were no longer forwards.

Now we added Drouin, so with Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and Paciroetty that gives us 4 top 6 forwards.

I'd rather all 4 of them play in the top two lines, with Byron and Danault. So that would, basically mean switching Gallagher and Shaw from what we have. If the Pacioretty line keeps not producing I could see this happen.

And hopefully one or all of Hudon, Lehkonen, and Scherbak can emerge as top six forwards soon. My top nine

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher
Byron Drouin Galchenyuk
Hudon Plekanec Lehkonen/Scherbak (whoever comes back first)
Carr De la Rose Shaw

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario

We really need top six forwards. I was happy when we got Radulov, but it was a disappointing period as Plekanec and Gallagher were no longer forwards.

Now we added Drouin, so with Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and Paciroetty that gives us 4 top 6 forwards.

I'd rather all 4 of them play in the top two lines, with Byron and Danault. So that would, basically mean switching Gallagher and Shaw from what we have. If the Pacioretty line keeps not producing I could see this happen.

And hopefully one or all of Hudon, Lehkonen, and Scherbak can emerge as top six forwards soon. My top nine

Byron Drouin Galchenyuk
Carr De la Rose Shaw

No way that Shaw gets bumped to the 4th line. You'd think it would be Lekhonen or Hudon, although they don't deserve it. Darn, we just have too much talent!

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
No way that Shaw gets bumped to the 4th line. You'd think it would be Lekhonen or Hudon, although they don't deserve it. Darn, we just have too much talent!

I know Julien won't put Shaw on the 4th line, but he might try Pacioretty Danault Gallagher if Shaw isn't contributing 5 on 5. Shaw has been good in front of the net on the pp. I can't deny that.

And, we actually do have a lot of talent and depth on the wings. A good GM would convert it into a center.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
Gallagher is a great player. A lot of fun to watch, and seems to put in a lot of effort in almost every game. That said, if he is your best player, or playing the best of all of your players, you've got a bit of a problem on your hands.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I went to watch a Vancouver Giants game last night with my son, and he wanted me to buy him some souvenirs... they were selling these pack of hockey cards from their past teams so I picked up 2010-11 knowing that Gallagher would be there... lol he looks so young.

upload_2019-1-28_16-4-46.png
upload_2019-1-28_16-5-13.png

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Annoyed that nobody commented on his beauty of a goal last game. A well deserved hatty for him let’s give him some love

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I know Julien won't put Shaw on the 4th line, but he might try Pacioretty Danault Gallagher if Shaw isn't contributing 5 on 5. Shaw has been good in front of the net on the pp. I can't deny that.

And, we actually do have a lot of talent and depth on the wings. A good GM would convert it into a center.
Or put Drouin,

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Byron Drouin Galchenyuk
Carr De la Rose Shaw

I was reading this and i was like are you drunk? Then i realised this was posted In 2017

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad