Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He's playing very well, definitely the finesse element of his game is coming back. Tends to take some time after breaking the same hand twice.

Was it the same hand? I thought the second one evened it out.

Doesn't matter, I'm happy he's looking like his old self.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Was it the same hand? I thought the second one evened it out.

Doesn't matter, I'm happy he's looking like his old self.

Both times same hand :

Jan 5, 2017 · Brendan Gallagher broke two fingers on his right hand blocking a Johnny Boychuk shot last season, and Gallagher could again be sidelined with a right hand injury after getting caught by a Shea Weber one-timer.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...uesome-hand-injury-after-blocking-weber-blast

Either way I am happy he is playing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Handling the puck 100x better than he did last year. It's really making all the difference.

Reactions: MasterD

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Most underated Hab by a mile. Has been our best forward, 2 of AGs goals a result of gally's hustle.

But very little love around here for a guy that can create opportunities playing with anyone, blocks shots, draws penalties and will put up similar production as Radulov in way less minutes with half the linemates.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Most underated Hab by a mile. Has been our best forward, 2 of AGs goals a result of gally's hustle.

But very little love around here for a guy that can create opportunities playing with anyone, blocks shots, draws penalties and will put up similar production as Radulov in way less minutes with half the linemates.

Very underrated. Still frustrated how quick people wrote him off. People need to remember that he paced for almost 30 goals a few years back. He's a key piece. Can't believe some people thought Shaw could be a replacement for him.

Apr 28, 2010
I remember when people wanted to trade him last year because he wasn't producing points (norm here I guess). But what I love about him is when the they're not winning games, the effort was still there and he seemed to be the only that cared. That's why I defend this guy all the time.

Not surprised one bit that he looks good out there when they're winning.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I just want to see the little buggar in goalies faces and taking on and winning battles against guys who’re half a foot to a foot bigger then him again. Love his energy.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I just want to see the little buggar in goalies faces and taking on and winning battles against guys who’re half a foot to a foot bigger then him again. Love his energy.

For the record, he is doing all of that again. So if you want to see the little bigger do those things, just watch a game!

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Main problem for him on the site is,
  • he is good!
  • He was developed and draft by this team.
  • He played on 1-2 and 3th lines
  • He is used to lighted other since he is giving is up most every time he is on the ice
  • He is young
  • He is playing taller then he is
  • Basically he is the opposite of the claims people have against this organisation
Outside of this site, he is just a very good second line player! We got very lucky to have him on the 5th round. If that draft year would be redone, he would got drafted in the first round!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not sure what the concern was other than his penchant for taking blows... LOL

That POS Zuchasmelly speared him in the ribs during the Playoffs. :mad:
He was arguably our best overall player up to that point.
I noticed and posted it immediately in the GDT and also the PGT.
I wasn't surprised we not only lost that game but the series thereafter.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Where did his smooth hands come from all of a sudden. That deke last night in close on his first goal was pretty slick and very un-Gallagher.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Main problem for him on the site is,
  • he is good!
  • He was developed and draft by this team.
  • He played on 1-2 and 3th lines
  • He is used to lighted other since he is giving is up most every time he is on the ice
  • He is young
  • He is playing taller then he is
  • Basically he is the opposite of the claims people have against this organisation
Outside of this site, he is just a very good second line player! We got very lucky to have him on the 5th round. If that draft year would be redone, he would got drafted in the first round!

When he is healthy, he can play on any line. His qualities are universal because he can retrieve pucks in the offensive zone and create chaos for the defense. Whether we are talking line 1 or line 4, you always need that.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
When he is healthy, he can play on any line. His qualities are universal because he can retrieve pucks in the offensive zone and create chaos for the defense. Whether we are talking line 1 or line 4, you always need that.

I agreed with you. The question, why aren't we talking about him. It's because he is very good, young, developped by this organisation, he can play on every, he help people with him and has a top 6 production.

No negative, no talking.

Love the player! don't trade him!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Glad he's been performing well. He's an easy player to hate, but I'm a fan. His jersey was even my first after I got tickets via connections to him. Hope he retires a Hab.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I agreed with you. The question, why aren't we talking about him. It's because he is very good, young, developped by this organisation, he can play on every, he help people with him and has a top 6 production.

No negative, no talking.

Love the player! don't trade him!

I'm a little cautious about him because of his injury history, but he's showing encouraging signs lately. Even if his hand issues are deemed to be largely behind him, I still wouldn't say too much because we know what Gallagher can do.

Now, if he is playing way below or above his standard, then there is something more to talk about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad